PDA

View Full Version : New Guitar Hero Game for 2009

Stitch
13-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Activision will squeeze more cash from the stone that is Guitar Hero with Guitar Hero:Greatest Hits. No, not Modern Hits. This is the ultimate cash-in, a "best of" compilation for Guitar Hero World Tour.

Mike Griffith, president and CEO of Activision Publishing, announced the Greatest Hits repackaging during today's quarterly earnings call, a collection it plans to ship this year for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii.

Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits will feature favorites from previous entries — Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, etc. — updated for full band play, which Activision introduced with World Tour. While to you that may mean playing "Through the Fire and the Flames" on drums, to me it means percussion duties on A Flock of Seagulls "I Ran."

Further details weren't provided, but we're sure that Activision's taking requests.

http://kotaku.com/5151959/activision-compiles-guitar-hero-greatest-hits-for-2009

I might get it but a lot of the songs I liked on GH1&2 are avaliable on Rock Band now so there might not be any point. I'll wait until they release what songs will be in it before I make my decision. It's only really because I want to play my favourite GH1&2 songs on my PS3 and online.

Jord
13-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Id wait till price goes down abit lol

CJW93
13-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Hopefully they add a Saxophone to the instruments list

Zoneage
19-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Ok, i liked guitar hero 3 but now im just getting bored of all the new guitar heros comming out.
GH Aerosmith = Fail

Stitch
19-02-2009, 04:52 PM
It's ridiculous. There is going to be GH:Metallica, GH:Greatest Hits and a new DS game all coming out in 2009. Why don't they release them as DLC?

Josh-H
19-02-2009, 04:56 PM
It's ridiculous. There is going to be GH:Metallica, GH:Greatest Hits and a new DS game all coming out in 2009. Why don't they release them as DLC?

Agreed! This way probably makes them more money though :/

Alexz0r
21-02-2009, 04:58 AM
Depends whats on the song list, I hated gh4 I traded it in yesturday so.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!