PDA

View Full Version : Internet Router

Jassim
13-02-2009, 08:11 PM
I purchased a A-Link DIR 655 router today and well I was under the impression it would work just as easily as my A-Link RR84AP just plug it in the wall and it would work but noooo, it's now telling me I need a cable / dsl modem but never needed it before? Can someone please explain? I spent my birthday money on it and I just wanna shoot myself right about now. Help? Is there any way to fix this or have I just wasted like 100quid?

x-glow
13-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Imm in over words havbe you plugged in the internet c\vle it comes through like telephone Line? And if it doesnt work then take i9t back and get your money Back!

scottish
13-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Some routers are just routers, other routers are router/modems in one.

Its D-Link not A-Link btw and its just a router.

Jassim
13-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Imm in over words havbe you plugged in the internet c\vle it comes through like telephone Line? And if it doesnt work then take i9t back and get your money Back!

Some routers are just routers, other routers are router/modems in one.

Its D-Link not A-Link btw and its just a router.
First: They have a no-return policy, only get money back if it breaks
Second: No, I had a A-LINK router

How do i know if it is both or just a router?
How much do modems cost?

x-glow
13-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Whats an A-link? O is it just a absic connection to one computer? and Yoube now got a router?

Jassim
13-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Whats an A-link? O is it just a absic connection to one computer? and Yoube now got a router?
A-Link is a company mostly active in Scandinavia, got it when I was to Estonia. It is a router & modem but has serious port forwarding issues, can I use my old router to give internet to my new one?? I'm gonna try right away

scottish
13-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Yes previous one was A-Link new one is D-Link :P

I'm telling you its just a router :P because D-Link DIR 655 doesn't ship ones with modems so.

I don't think so but even if you do, you've still got the "serious port forwarding issues".

Stephen!
13-02-2009, 09:02 PM
it depends which version you have bought. Are you sure you bought the ADSL version

Jassim
13-02-2009, 09:22 PM
It's working now, I'm hoping port forwarding is working.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!