PDA

View Full Version : BA jet in airport 'hard landing'

xxMATTGxx
13-02-2009, 09:26 PM
A British Airways (BA) flight from Amsterdam with 71 people on board has lost its front wheels in a "hard landing" at London City Airport.

The plane skidded to a halt on the runway and passengers were taken off using the emergency chutes.

Two people have been taken to hospital with minor injuries. All 67 passengers and four crew were safely evacuated.

BA said: "The nosewheel of a British Airways aircraft suffered a failure on landing at London City Airport."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7889728.stm

Technologic
13-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Wth? Is this "Lets see how many planes we can crash" month

xxMATTGxx
13-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Wth? Is this "Lets see how many planes we can crash" month

I should of betted some money that someone was going to reply with that answer, Haha :P. I don't think thats the case.

Luke
13-02-2009, 09:33 PM
since july 2008 to now

i've seen more plane crashes/inncidents than i have in my whole life <:{

Technologic
13-02-2009, 09:33 PM
S'pose.. then again it's normally Africa, S.America and Asia where planes fall out of the sky on a regular basis....

xxMATTGxx
13-02-2009, 09:36 PM
S'pose.. then again it's normally Africa, S.America and Asia where planes fall out of the sky on a regular basis....

You could say that, but this didn't exactly fell out of the sky. Yeah, there has been a recent rise of plane crashes in the world even in MEDC countries. But its the way the world works, nothing can not ever crash. That would be impossible?

Jordy
13-02-2009, 09:38 PM
since july 2008 to now

i've seen more plane crashes/inncidents than i have in my whole life <:{No you've just paid more attention to them? The only really fatal one's have been the Madrid one and the one in the earlier hours of this morning.

There's the Hudson one too, one went into a house somewhere last summer and two RAF planes crashed earlier this week but they're all minor.

xxMATTGxx
13-02-2009, 09:40 PM
No you've just paid more attention to them? The only really fatal one's have been the Madrid one and the one in the earlier hours of this morning.

There's the Hudson one too, one went into a house somewhere last summer and two RAF planes crashed earlier this week but they're all minor.

Correct, the media are just reporting them more then more. Due to modern aircraft the crash rate/death rate is lower then it was many years ago. Although we do see some accidents that can cause many deaths, which is a shame :(.

Yoshimitsui
14-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Only five aviation crashes in the past five days ayy, my opinion, the media make it majorly dramatic for weeks everytime something happens whether it be fatal or not these days. However, the past few days has seen some unfortunate accidents.

The one that touches me most is the case with the 9/11 widow who died on her way to celebrate her husbands birthday anniversary.

efq
14-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Only five aviation crashes in the past five days ayy, my opinion, the media make it majorly dramatic for weeks everytime something happens whether it be fatal or not these days. However, the past few days has seen some unfortunate accidents.

The one that touches me most is the case with the 9/11 widow who died on her way to celebrate her husbands birthday anniversary.
Yeah but then think about the odds of there being a crash or accident.

Yoshimitsui
14-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Yeah but then think about the odds of there being a crash or accident.

As far as the stats go and have been for a long time is stands at Air travel being the safest method of transport, and i believe it and will never put me of despite numerous crashes. However, their has been alot in the past few days even to anyones opinion on "alot".

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!