PDA

View Full Version : [THE BIG WEEKLY QUESTION] Out of Ten

Fez
14-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Yo giuyz

I'm pretty busy right now, I came up with a wonderful idea of writing all this month's articles a week earlier! So I'm currently in the depths of teh ranting of Haloz. So please, do try not to judge this question.

Straight to it:

Do reviews effect your buying decisions?

For me, hell no - if a game looks good, or a demo plays good - I get it.

PaulMacC
14-02-2009, 04:44 PM
nope lol, sonic unleashed got bashed.
i bought it, 1k'd it, liked it.

Supersam
14-02-2009, 04:48 PM
It depends. If mainstream games get hyped and get good reviews then I just have to think for myself because most times it will be bias or over-reviewed. Like for Fallout 3, I watched some videos and decided I hated how it was set out and it was basically like Oblivion which was very boring to play. It got 10/10 on most places but my friends have bought it but still play COD4 which I was the first to get and slowly they all followed!

For one-off or new games though I might be tempted to be swayed as I know nothing of other games like it and the reviewers will also have no knowledge usually so its a less bias and hyped review.

14-02-2009, 04:59 PM
If I played it at a friends house/a demo and I liked it, I will buy it no matter what the reviews. However, if I havent played it I usually dont buy it if I dont like the reviews.

Jord
14-02-2009, 05:04 PM
No thats there opinion and my ones mine

J0SH
14-02-2009, 05:28 PM
It depends really, if I play a demo and enjoy it, I'd buy it. If there's no demos available but say a reviewer gets a retail version before release and reviews it, if it's good perhaps..

Jordy
14-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Very rarely, Reviewers are just journalists at the end of the day, not gamers. All they care about is amazing graphics and some good cutscenes.

They know nothing about what makes good online play, because they had a laugh pissing around with the developers online they think it'll be great for online play but that's hardly ever the case.

J0SH
14-02-2009, 05:40 PM
For example, I played F.E.A.R 2 demo and I bloody loved it, the guns and graphics and pysics are pretty cool, but if other people (judging by their opinion) slate it, I'd still buy it.

mangle
14-02-2009, 05:43 PM
I don't listen to just anyone, I tend to go by what GT say as I usually agree with what they say about games. That said, if they damn a game that i've played and enjoyed I will still buy it.

Andeeh
17-02-2009, 10:52 PM
i dont base my whole decision about the review its more like this

60% - demo
20% - gameplay videos/trailers
20% - reviews

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!