PDA

View Full Version : Books Harry Potter...x

kuzkasate
15-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Does anyone know, how many Harry Potter books are out all together and please could you list their names, also does anyone know if any new ones are to be realesed and when?

jackass
15-02-2009, 04:27 PM
7 books altogether and there are to be no more books (not core ones anyway). :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/22/Harry_potter_stamps.jpg

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Immenseman
15-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Yeah they're the only seven I doubt very much she'd make a new one. Maybe in years to come but it'd have to be them grown up with their families lol.

buttons
15-02-2009, 04:32 PM
she didn't want to kill off harry but she didn't want anyone else to carry on the stories while she was gone hence why at the end of the last book the last chapter is "19 years on" or something.

Immenseman
15-02-2009, 04:40 PM
yeah you never know if she needs some extra money when she has retired :lol:

buttons
15-02-2009, 04:41 PM
2 year ago she was worth £600 million i'm sure she'll live :P

Immenseman
15-02-2009, 04:42 PM
YOU NEVER KNOW.

Swearwolf
15-02-2009, 04:46 PM
the only books i've ever read ;) and she said if there is another book, the earliest is 10 years time

Immenseman
15-02-2009, 04:47 PM
yeah she is strongly against writing another one but stranger things have happened

kuzkasate
15-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Is the last one the Deathly Hallows? I thought it wasn't released yet. Anyway, my bad. I'm currently reading the Half-Blood prince. Its great! This is the only Harry Potter book I have read so far. I'm gonna buy the whole collection soon ;] Oh, and I have her autograph in my book. :D

jackass
15-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Is the last one the Deathly Hallows? I thought it wasn't released yet. Anyway, my bad. I'm currently reading the Half-Blood prince. Its great! This is the only Harry Potter book I have read so far. I'm gonna buy the whole collection soon ;] Oh, and I have her autograph in my book. :D

You should have started from the first book :O!

And how did you get her autograph?!

Slowpoke
15-02-2009, 05:15 PM
She will be releasing an encyclopedia on Harry Potter and his world although not for a few years yet.

Experiencing Harry Potter withdrawal post-Deathly Hallows (http://www.veritaserum.com/books/book7)? Never fear -- more of JK Rowling's mesmerizing world is on the way. She will never pen another book about the adventures of Harry and his friends, but she will write an encyclopedia with more detailed information about her world, the proceeds from which will go to charity. She spent five years (from 1990 to 1995) planning out the series of seven books before she completed the first book, so for her, it will mostly be a process of transferring notes on paper to a computer.

But that doesn't mean the encyclopedia will hit shelves anytime soon. Jo has yet to start writing it and has not indicated when she will. She first publicly contemplated writing an encyclopedia for charity in May 2000, when she said in an AOL chat that "I always said there would be seven. If there's ever an eighth, it will be because ten years down the line I had a burning desire to do just one more, but I don't presently think that will happen. However, I think I might write a kind of Harry Potter Encyclopedia and give the royalties to charity, so ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!"

Later, in December 2001, Jo said, "I'm not going to say I'll never write anything to do with the world of Hogwarts ever again. Because I have often thought that (if I wrote) book eight, I think it would be right and proper that it should be a book whose royalties go to charity entirely. It could be the encyclopaedia of the world (of Hogwarts) and then I could rid myself of every last lurking details, but no not a novel."

Most recently, in a July 2007 interview with USA Today, she said, "But if I ever do the encyclopedia I'm promising, I will give details... But I'm not going to do it tomorrow, because I'd really like a break."

http://www.harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Harry_Potter_Encyclopedia (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Harry_Potter_Encyclopedia)

kuzkasate
15-02-2009, 05:15 PM
You should have started from the first book :O!

And how did you get her autograph?!

I will buy all the books and start from the first book. But that may be in a couple of years when I forget what I read because then ill jsut get confused.

About the autograph I was in waterstones in Manchester Arndale and she was there like doing this presentation and she signed one of the books. She put it back on the shelf I grabbed it and bought it ;] I was like ;o is that really her! I was buzzing tbh. I was there like asking random questions. But yh, she seemed like a very nice person.

buttons
15-02-2009, 05:27 PM
She will be releasing an encyclopedia on Harry Potter and his world although not for a few years yet.

http://www.harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Harry_Potter_Encyclopedia (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Harry_Potter_Encyclopedia)
yeh she also wrote bout the story thing bout the wand,cloak + stone (you won't get me unless you've read deathly hallows) like proper story thing but apparently it was crap so i didn't get it but carnt wait for that.

I will buy all the books and start from the first book. But that may be in a couple of years when I forget what I read because then ill jsut get confused.

About the autograph I was in waterstones in Manchester Arndale and she was there like doing this presentation and she signed one of the books. She put it back on the shelf I grabbed it and bought it ;] I was like ;o is that really her! I was buzzing tbh. I was there like asking random questions. But yh, she seemed like a very nice person.
omg how unfair u only read one book and i've followed it all the way through n u get her autograph :'(

kuzkasate
15-02-2009, 05:31 PM
yeh she also wrote bout the story thing bout the wand,cloak + stone (you won't get me unless you've read deathly hallows) like proper story thing but apparently it was crap so i didn't get it but carnt wait for that.

omg how unfair u only read one book and i've followed it all the way through n u get her autograph :'(

Well tbh, Im gonna buy all her books in the time approaching so it will make more sense. But I am really excited about the Horucxes or w.e.
OMG Im so attachted to it... I wish it were real

kuzkasate
15-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Sorry for double post, but yh, Iv decided to go and buy the book some time next week its on sale ;] £5.59

buttons
15-02-2009, 07:04 PM
i hope u buy them all!!!!!
n harry potter half blood prince is out on july 17 or something like that yeh so go see it.

Melsia
15-02-2009, 08:58 PM
The books are imaginative and have good story lines, but she's NOT a good writer... if she releases another one it will be purely for the money...
But they are worth reading cutbrakes!

buttons
15-02-2009, 09:12 PM
The books are imaginative and have good story lines, but she's NOT a good writer... if she releases another one it will be purely for the money...
yeh that's right her copies have sold millions and like u said they are imaginative have great story lines etc yet she's not a good writer? of course..

OmgitsAmanda
15-02-2009, 09:16 PM
how can you say she's not a good writer? she's a million times better than some of the current writers out there - i.e. stephenie meyer.

Swearwolf
15-02-2009, 09:18 PM
she's the best writer who ever lived imo

Kardan
15-02-2009, 09:27 PM
She's probably THE best writer. Her use of words and how every little piece of the plot fits together, it's amazing. You should've started from the first book however; then the sixth will make more sense :)

lPinoy
15-02-2009, 10:19 PM
yeah, i love em, finished the last book two months ago.

edit: er nm.

kuzkasate
16-02-2009, 06:03 PM
She's probably THE best writer. Her use of words and how every little piece of the plot fits together, it's amazing. You should've started from the first book however; then the sixth will make more sense :)

Not to fear I have watched the 1st,2nd,3rd,5th! But not the fourth. But yh, its clear and it does make sense and anyway Ill buy buying them all soon. She'll get a little tip from me. I just find it fascinating how she puts all of the problems together and then it starts to really make sense and its like WOW! But she did start writing in 1990 so she had a few years to make up some things.

Mathew
16-02-2009, 06:10 PM
She is an amazing author. I have read every book in order, and they are brilliant.

There is also another book out (only got around 100 pages) called "The Tales of Beedle the Bard". It's written by her and has some sort of reference to the previous books. I have not read it yet (got it for Christmas) however I opened the book and saw the word Dumbledore.

Really reccomend reading them in order, I can imagine the last book is difficult to get your head around if you don't.
Have fun.

kuzkasate
16-02-2009, 06:18 PM
She is an amazing author. I have read every book in order, and they are brilliant.

There is also another book out (only got around 100 pages) called "The Tales of Beedle the Bard". It's written by her and has some sort of reference to the previous books. I have not read it yet (got it for Christmas) however I opened the book and saw the word Dumbledore.

Really reccomend reading them in order, I can imagine the last book is difficult to get your head around if you don't.
Have fun.

I know the story so far (until the 6th book/film) I would really love like if she stopped writing, peple could make up films.

jackass
16-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Not to fear I have watched the 1st,2nd,3rd,5th! But not the fourth. But yh, its clear and it does make sense and anyway Ill buy buying them all soon. She'll get a little tip from me. I just find it fascinating how she puts all of the problems together and then it starts to really make sense and its like WOW! But she did start writing in 1990 so she had a few years to make up some things.

The films are no comparison to the books...

kuzkasate
16-02-2009, 07:04 PM
The films are no comparison to the books...

I am aware, but the sotry is the same. I still understand what is happening and as previously stated, I will soon buy all the books and read from scratch.

kk.
16-02-2009, 07:10 PM
I am aware, but the sotry is the same. I still understand what is happening and as previously stated, I will soon buy all the books and read from scratch.

no, its not always the same. If im not mistaken, a horcrux is found at the beginning of book 5 (but they dont know what it was until the 7th book) and this part of the book was missed out completely. (its when theyre sorting the house out which isnt shown.) id like to see how they can bring that horcrux back into the story

lPinoy
16-02-2009, 07:17 PM

Have fun.

After reading the Deathly Hallows, it mentioned a story from the tales of beedle and bard. I checked to see if it was in there and decided to buy for my collection. I love them.

buttons
16-02-2009, 07:31 PM
After reading the Deathly Hallows, it mentioned a story from the tales of beedle and bard. I checked to see if it was in there and decided to buy for my collection. I love them.
i heard that's a disappointment btw, the tales of beedle and bard :(

kuzkasate
16-02-2009, 07:47 PM
i heard that's a disappointment btw, the tales of beedle and bard :(

I heard aswell... Ill still buy it though.

lPinoy
16-02-2009, 07:47 PM
it is a disappointment, actually.

fort it involved harry potter somehow etc but some tales with a foreword by dumbledoree

kuzkasate
16-02-2009, 07:53 PM
it is a disappointment, actually.

fort it involved harry potter somehow etc but some tales with a foreword by dumbledoree

Seems like a fail to me.

kk.
16-02-2009, 11:16 PM
it was for charity if i remember?

lPinoy
17-02-2009, 11:06 AM
yeah, £2 from every purchase or something donated to some charity

kuzkasate
17-02-2009, 02:51 PM
yeah, £2 from every purchase or something donated to some charity

Very generous :)

Kardan
17-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Tales of Beedle the Bard raised millions for charity, and it's only considered a disappointment because people thought it would be a sort of 8th book. It's not; it's just related to the Harry Potter Universe and is aimed at a younger audience then us. I bought it merely to have the full collection.

MizMe93
18-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Tales of beedle the bard isnt meant to be about Harry.
its merely a real version of the book that Dumbledore leaves for Hermione.

luce
18-02-2009, 02:34 PM
she didn't want to kill off harry but she didn't want anyone else to carry on the stories while she was gone hence why at the end of the last book the last chapter is "19 years on" or something.

yeah that's well gay although i wouldn't read harry if she didn't write it.

kuzkasate
18-02-2009, 03:40 PM
yeah that's well gay although i wouldn't read harry if she didn't write it.

Would you not ;o

kk.
18-02-2009, 03:45 PM
i think she still would. just to see the version of it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!