PDA

View Full Version : Who needs an 8MP Camera Phone?

marriott0.01
16-02-2009, 12:59 AM
It's official, speculated for a long time now, Sony Ericsson has launched a 12.1 Megapixel camera at the Mobile World Congress.

It's an amazing 3.5 inch touchscreen device and it runs the Symbian OS it's called Idou, which is a weird name, which resembles an Apple device?, but it is due to change its name in the near future.

More info here (http://www.t3.com/news/sony-ericsson-reveals-idou-uks-first-12-1mp-handset?=38107)

Thread moved from 'Technology Discussion' by Yoshimitsui (Forum Super Moderator): Please post in the correct spcific sections.

Hazza
16-02-2009, 01:04 AM
omg. thats fit, i want it now.

:job2
16-02-2009, 09:53 AM
I really like this phone! Does anyone know when its coming out? I can upgrade my phone April at the earliest but the actual contract doesn't run out until June or July and I want to get this one (unless one I like more comes along)

Arron
16-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Laugh out loud

price?

AlexOC
16-02-2009, 02:28 PM
ooh i want it!

I was gonna get the 8mp LG Renoir.

Sunny.
16-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Got the renoir. Tbh I cant tell the diff between 5 n 8. so 8 n 12 wt be much different.

But depends on the make too. Dont no if sony ericsson camera's are good. Nokia's are great n LG's camera's arnt 2 bad either

Barmi
16-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Got the renoir. Tbh I cant tell the diff between 5 n 8. so 8 n 12 wt be much different.

But depends on the make too. Dont no if sony ericsson camera's are good. Nokia's are great n LG's camera's arnt 2 bad either
Yes, Sony Ericsson cameras tend to be very good. The Cybershot range is usually very highly regarded as far as mobile cameras go. I'm still with my k850i because it has a Xenon flash. The C902 is a lovely Cybershot phone, but only has an LED flash as far as I am aware. A lot of my pictures are taken at night so I pretty much need this flash for any of my photos to look decent. The C905 has a Xenon flash and Wi-Fi, and it's the phone I'm currently drooling over.

I can't wait until more information is revealed about this Idou! If it has a Xenon flash and the battery is respectable I will be soooo after it. If it has neither of those two, I'll probably settle for the C905.

Ladygaga
16-02-2009, 04:52 PM
http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/news.phtml/22263/23287/photo-sony-ericsson-idou-phone.phtml - more and clearer pictures.

marriott0.01
16-02-2009, 05:00 PM
http://www.t3.com/feature/video-first-look-at-sony-ericssons-idou-with-gallery - video for you to feast your eyes on :D

Barmi
16-02-2009, 05:05 PM
http://www.t3.com/feature/video-first-look-at-sony-ericssons-idou-with-gallery - video for you to feast your eyes on :D
*Drool* It has Xenon flash! I want it now! :(

today
16-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Yes, Sony Ericsson cameras tend to be very good. The Cybershot range is usually very highly regarded as far as mobile cameras go. I'm still with my k850i because it has a Xenon flash. The C902 is a lovely Cybershot phone, but only has an LED flash as far as I am aware. A lot of my pictures are taken at night so I pretty much need this flash for any of my photos to look decent. The C905 has a Xenon flash and Wi-Fi, and it's the phone I'm currently drooling over.

I can't wait until more information is revealed about this Idou! If it has a Xenon flash and the battery is respectable I will be soooo after it. If it has neither of those two, I'll probably settle for the C905.
I wouldnt drool over it, its crap.

Barmi
16-02-2009, 05:28 PM
I wouldnt drool over it, its crap.
But I'm happy with SE phones... and if I got a C905 I would get it on O2. I hate the amount of firmware fiddling Orange and especially Vodafone do; it's no surprise those two networks have more problems with dying SEs than any other. Just leave the firmware alone, fgs.

This Idou is tempting. Very tempting. Maybe I can wait with my K850i a few months longer...

tdi
17-02-2009, 03:44 AM
niiice, anyone wanna buy my C905 so I can get this? haha :P

Rashelly
07-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Eh...Not for me.
Everyone gets excited over phones with cameras with blah amount of mp, but that's only PART of what makes a good camera.
Having said that, I have had one of the cybershot phones in the past, and they weren't that bad.
I'm sticking with my iPhone though (which has the most rubbish camera ever, but that's what my olympus us for :p)

Ashhizzle
07-03-2009, 09:54 PM
But I'm happy with SE phones... and if I got a C905 I would get it on O2. I hate the amount of firmware fiddling Orange and especially Vodafone do; it's no surprise those two networks have more problems with dying SEs than any other. Just leave the firmware alone, fgs.

This Idou is tempting. Very tempting. Maybe I can wait with my K850i a few months longer...
My vodafone mobile has no branding within the phone, accept the logo on the front, which isnt too noticable.

bigdavecox90
11-03-2009, 11:29 AM
It does look really nice but I originally bought the Samsung i8510 for the 8mp camera and haven't really used it that much.

I think massive cameras are just a gimmick to get people to buy the phone.

Kevin
11-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Someone who is into photography, and want's a decent camera integrated into there mobile phone.

Excellent2
11-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Looks good but the design reminds me of my LG Viewty.

Jordy
11-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Someone who is into photography, and want's a decent camera integrated into there mobile phone.Into photography and wants a decent camera? Lmao, that gave me quite a laugh, I'll point this thread to Darren Toogood when he next comes online.

No one who's into photography would use a phone camera, ever. 8MP really isn't a threat to proper camera's yet, you can pick up camera's for less than £60 which does 8MP so it really isn't anywhere near a decent camera. They'll soon enough cut out the cheap-camera market but they'll never be a real threat. No matter how many pixels they have they're still awkward to hold for taking photographs usually and it comes out with poor results as it matters on more than just Megapixels.

Barmi
11-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Into photography and wants a decent camera? Lmao, that gave me quite a laugh, I'll point this thread to Darren Toogood when he next comes online.

No one who's into photography would use a phone camera, ever. 8MP really isn't a threat to proper camera's yet, you can pick up camera's for less than £60 which does 8MP so it really isn't anywhere near a decent camera. They'll soon enough cut out the cheap-camera market but they'll never be a real threat. No matter how many pixels they have they're still awkward to hold for taking photographs usually and it comes out with poor results as it matters on more than just Megapixels.

Oh don't bring Woodrally into it... he's an amateur muppet.

It's convenience. Not needing to carry a camera around for family pictures is quite useful. Some good results can be achieved, and the SE Cyber-shots are of comparable quality to most point & shoots. Of course they are never going to match DSLRs, but they are handy for those who like to dabble in photos whenever they go out.

Kevin
11-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Into photography and wants a decent camera? Lmao, that gave me quite a laugh, I'll point this thread to Darren Toogood when he next comes online.

I personally have a Canon 450D SLR, I'm talking about the practality of having a high spec camera on your phone, if you were really really professional that would not cut it, you would need a dslr, but for good quality pictures 8mp will do.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!