PDA

View Full Version : TomSpit's website layout.

Jahova
16-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Hello there, this will be my development thread for me creating my own layout. So far I have made little progress and I need your comments and suggestions so I can create the perfect layout, for usability and style.

Keep in mind, this is actually my first ever layout that has been completely designed and coded by me, so bear with me on this part. Also, I'm a complete newbie at Photoshop, so I may not know all these fancy effects that people talk about.

Here is what I have so far ~
16/02/09 - Top bar idea:
I'm unsure how / what kind of style I should make the top bars' links on the right, I think I might make it so when you roll over, they change colour or get outlined. Somthing along those lines.. Ignore the red cross, it's just the wrong size of link.

http://uploadpicz.com/images/JNM78A7.png

InHabbo
16-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Hi,
The top bar looks good but i suggest changing the font and making it a little bit smaller.

Also between Home and About i would suggest that you use | rather than / this will make it look more professional.

If you are new to Photoshop i would recommend trying a few tutorials first. Simply type Photoshop Tutorials into goggle and away you go. This will help you find out what all the different tools on Photoshop do and it will also help you understand the words that people use when talking about Photoshop.

Good Luck,
.::DJ-BLAST::.

Jahova
16-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Hey, I'll be changing the navigation later or tomorrow. I have just updated the navigation links so when you roll over them to click them, they have an outer glow. I think it looks pretty sweet, but what do you guys think?

16/02/09 - Glow navigation idea:
http://uploadpicz.com/images/HSPQ2VU.png

kk.
16-02-2009, 06:12 PM
id say dim it down a bit. make the opacity to about 10% - 20%

Jahova
16-02-2009, 06:23 PM
id say dim it down a bit. make the opacity to about 10% - 20%
I will tamper with the opacity tomorrow morning. I'm having my gaming break now :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!