PDA

View Full Version : GaGa to perform at the Brits :)

TopManTim
17-02-2009, 12:21 AM
From perez

Lady GaGa will be performing (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2237147.ece) with the Pet Shop Boys at the Brits this Wednesday. And the organizers promise it to be one of the "raunchiest shows ever."
That pretty much goes without saying!
She will be performing her own rendition of Nothing Has Been Proved, made famous by Dusty Springfield. The song recounts a 1963 political scandal called the Profumo Affair, in which minister John Profumo was revealed to be involved in an affair with a showgirl named Christine Keeler.
A source said, "The organizers wanted a female singer who would really shock to sing this track about the Keeler sex scandal. GaGa is the girl. She will be perfect. Don’t expect many clothes."
We weren't really expecting any!
In fact, we'd be shocked to see her in much more than a bikini brief!

yay, hopefully an epic performance and a sales increase :)

Slowpoke
17-02-2009, 12:59 AM
It'd be better to see her perform "Poker Face" as that would catapult the song into the top ten.

TopManTim
17-02-2009, 01:00 AM
Yeah I also thought that, I guess she might do that too :)

Slowpoke
17-02-2009, 01:01 AM
That would be great, if she had a sort of planned encore and then performed "Poker Face".

Ras
17-02-2009, 09:08 AM
I hate lady gaga.. every song she has made is based on the same music.. talentless imo.

TopManTim
17-02-2009, 12:38 PM
I hate lady gaga.. every song she has made is based on the same music.. talentless imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMgeR0EJjZA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3-ObpD20NE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyDRbp1ZPp8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwtbp92-is8

cos they're all the same aren't they?

Mikey
17-02-2009, 12:45 PM
sounds good =] i'll be watching :D

Antallica
17-02-2009, 12:57 PM
hate her.
cba wid her.

Ras
17-02-2009, 02:33 PM
poker face and just dance doesnt both deserve popularity imo.. they sound like theyre the exact same.. anyway i dont decide what people hear.

Slowpoke
17-02-2009, 02:57 PM

How is she talentless? I can guarantee you listen to music whos artist behind it is a lot less talented. Did you know that Lady Gaga writes and helps produce her own music which is more than can be said for the majority of artists nowadays? She also makes her own clothes. Just because you don't like her music doesn't make her talentless.

Jahova
17-02-2009, 02:58 PM
I don't like her atall. Just another lame girl singer, wow.

Ras
17-02-2009, 05:33 PM
How is she talentless? I can guarantee you listen to music whos artist behind it is a lot less talented. Did you know that Lady Gaga writes and helps produce her own music which is more than can be said for the majority of artists nowadays? She also makes her own clothes. Just because you don't like her music doesn't make her talentless.
I said shes talentless in my opinion.. that doesnt make her talentless.. and for your information I like Kanye West, Wale, Kid Cudi, NERD, Jack Johnson & John Legend. Im sure someones going to find some way to diss them now.. Anyway I just dont like her music at all.. As post above this one said: just another one..

Hayd93
17-02-2009, 05:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMgeR0EJjZA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3-ObpD20NE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyDRbp1ZPp8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwtbp92-is8

cos they're all the same aren't they?

The vocals certainly all have the same effect so again more evidence that she doesn't have much talent at all.

From what i hear of her music it is talentless. If you hear her voice you may hear it has a slight roll off on it. This is because she uses a FX plugin on protools to basically make he voice sound alot better.

Slowpoke
17-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Which is quite a natural thing to do in electro music, it gives her music more of an 'electronic' feel. Try listening to her live, she can sing.

TopManTim
17-02-2009, 07:58 PM
What do you mean the vocals all have the same effect?

Emzii.
17-02-2009, 08:41 PM
fair enough you dont like her.
but i dont think she is talentless!
she dances she sings writes her own songs.
UH

Jord
18-02-2009, 05:30 AM
Woo Im gonna record it now :)

clueless
18-02-2009, 05:34 AM
i think anyone who writes their own songs and they are good cant be talentless
even if she cant sing then she is still talented
i dunno if she can
im not her biggest fan

Slowpoke
18-02-2009, 05:35 AM
She can't be that crap considering how well "Just Dance" and "Poker Face" have done in the charts worldwide with "Love Game" looking to do the same. You bet your arse that rhymed.

leah
18-02-2009, 12:36 PM
ooft im gonna watch that :D

Ras
18-02-2009, 01:25 PM
i think anyone who writes their own songs and they are good cant be talentless
even if she cant sing then she is still talented
i dunno if she can
im not her biggest fan
I disagree.. The hardest part is the singing imo.. Well looking at her lyrics it is.
Just the first verse in her pokerface song:
I wanna hold em' like they do in Texas Plays
Fold em' let em' hit me raise it baby stay with me (I love it)
Luck and intuition play the cards with Spades to start
And after he's been hooked I'll play the one that's on his heart

With enough time I dont think its THAT hard.. If you do nothing else but write songs for like 1-2 months.. As an example I saw a Beyonce "life" documentary the other day.. In the song "Dejavu" with Jay-Z, he came up with his lyrics in around 30 minutes.. Im sure its not the exact version as the one they used, but I think that takes something..
Agree or disagree with me, I just dont think she can anything special.

TopManTim
18-02-2009, 02:04 PM
I disagree.. The hardest part is the singing imo.. Well looking at her lyrics it is.
Just the first verse in her pokerface song:
I wanna hold em' like they do in Texas Please
Fold em' let em' hit me raise it baby stay with me (I love it)
Luck and intuition play the cards with Spades to start
And after he's been hooked I'll play the one that's on his heart

With enough time I dont think its THAT hard.. If you do nothing else but write songs for like 1-2 months.. As an example I saw a Beyonce "life" documentary the other day.. In the song "Dejavu" with Jay-Z, he came up with his lyrics in around 30 minutes.. Im sure its not the exact version as the one they used, but I think that takes something..
Agree or disagree with me, I just dont think she can anything special.

If lyrics are so easy to write why don't all musicians do it?

And you keep bringing up the singing and people keep saying listen to her acoustic versions... she can sing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwdXnlvUe3I

Ras
18-02-2009, 02:24 PM
If lyrics are so easy to write why don't all musicians do it?

And you keep bringing up the singing and people keep saying listen to her acoustic versions... she can sing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwdXnlvUe3I
I believe it actually is Texas Plays.. metrolyrics and those say so anyway..
and that acoustic one id say she can sing.. but her voice & skills is overrated.. again i must state this is my opinion..
also most of the musicians I like write their own lyrics.. Of the ones I mentioned earlier Kanye West, NERD, Wale, Kid Cudi, John Legend & Jack Johnson write their own music. Actually I think that was everyone I mentioned.

Liz♥
19-02-2009, 10:48 AM
The vocals certainly all have the same effect so again more evidence that she doesn't have much talent at all.

From what i hear of her music it is talentless. If you hear her voice you may hear it has a slight roll off on it. This is because she uses a FX plugin on protools to basically make he voice sound alot better.

I'm still trying to struggle why you think that's bad, she changed her voice to suit the pop/techno genre she's trying to aim for and poker face & just dance seem to be doing pretty okay with that effect. Maybe because poker face is currently #1 in 7 countries & just dance was #1 in every country it charted in, also if you don't believe me she is manufactured and you don't think she can sing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwdXnlvUe3I

Difference in songs would maybe be paparazzi, definitely eh eh, paper gangster has a different beat to it and diversifies from the fame & beautiful dirty rich. Lady GaGa doesn't have to try 50 genres in one album, she most likely focuses on one which is Pop as that is what she intends and she's good at interpretting it in 10 different ways in her album.

Of the ones I mentioned earlier Kanye West, NERD, Wale, Kid Cudi, John Legend & Jack Johnson write their own music.
Kanye West is a rapper now trying to sing but covers his vocals with crap. NERD is a band and mostly relies on pharel, Wale is hardly known thanks to Daniel Merriweather. Kid Cudi is a one hit wonder like H2o & T2. Congratulations you can name artists that write their own lyrics, Lady GaGa writes catchy songs on her own and gets nominated for grammys in an instant gaining millions of sales worldwide with one record, did I mention that she can sing as well? You can't judge her singing talent on one performance, try youtubing her for other performances and you'll see that they all differ. Lady GaGa also used to write lyrics for other artists e.g. britney spears & PCD. So she must be good, eh?

Frodo13.
19-02-2009, 10:58 AM
I believe it actually is Texas Plays.. metrolyrics and those say so anyway..
and that acoustic one id say she can sing.. but her voice & skills is overrated.. again i must state this is my opinion..
also most of the musicians I like write their own lyrics.. Of the ones I mentioned earlier Kanye West, NERD, Wale, Kid Cudi, John Legend & Jack Johnson write their own music. Actually I think that was everyone I mentioned.

It is Texas Please - says so on the album sleave. Imo, anyone who is signed to Interscope records at the age of 20 to write songs is pretty tallented. Oh, and your little list there only shows one thing, you only listen to one genre of music, therefore your opinion is probably a little biased due to that.

Oh, and it's also 'LoveGame' not 'Luck game' :)

Liz♥
19-02-2009, 11:01 AM
It is Texas Please - says so on the album sleave. Imo, anyone who is signed to Interscope records at the age of 20 to write songs is pretty tallented. Oh, and your little list there only shows one thing, you only listen to one genre of music, therefore your opinion is probably a little biased due to that.

I love that song and the music video :D
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb265/Liz529/027.gif

Sameer!
19-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Lady GaGa ftw! They will own!

Frodo13.
19-02-2009, 04:39 PM
I love that song and the music video :D
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb265/Liz529/027.gif

Yeah, its a fab song, one of my fave off the album. But, I was refering to a lyric in Poker Face, not the actual song.

N-Dubz
19-02-2009, 05:01 PM
the brits was terriable, we only saw about 5 seconds of Lady GaGa at the end anyways which was pointless.

the best bit of the night was Alan Carr "and the winner is .... Diana Vickers"

Ras
19-02-2009, 05:23 PM

No its not.. John Legend is sorta soul & Jack Johnson sings acoustic soft rock.. sort of chilling music..

Kanye West is a rapper now trying to sing but covers his vocals with crap. NERD is a band and mostly relies on pharel, Wale is hardly known thanks to Daniel Merriweather. Kid Cudi is a one hit wonder like H2o & T2. Congratulations you can name artists that write their own lyrics, Lady GaGa writes catchy songs on her own and gets nominated for grammys in an instant gaining millions of sales worldwide with one record, did I mention that she can sing as well? You can't judge her singing talent on one performance, try youtubing her for other performances and you'll see that they all differ. Lady GaGa also used to write lyrics for other artists e.g. britney spears & PCD. So she must be good, eh?
I agree kanye sings like a ******* ******.. But Im hoping it will change.. Im still in love with his old tracks - I never bought 808s & heartbreak simply because I dont support that ****..
NERD only relies on pharrells singing.. When hes solo he also raps and produces a bit.. But the two others are also good.. I mean they make music like no other, but when pharrells alone its just another rapsong.
Wale has only released mixtapes, and he is gaining popularity, and im sure when his album is released later it will grow. - He also wrote lyrics for Lil' Wayne.. And I think thats far bigger then Britney.
Kid Cudi is not a one hit wonder. Hes already on a upcoming HBO series called "How to make it in america".. Also with an upcoming album.. And also I thought like 75% of his songs on a kid named cudi was awesome, and I know many with same opinion. I'm sure his future is very bright..
And I only mentioned them because he said not many artists write their own music.. So I mentioned the music I listen most to.. It wasnt just random.. I could go on for a long time if you wanted the ones I dont listen to too..
Also after listening to every of her song & checking youtube for her I disagree she has any "different" singing talent.

TopManTim
19-02-2009, 06:07 PM
I love how you didn't reply to Liz's point that GaGa writes for other artists so she must be good.

Ras
19-02-2009, 06:23 PM
I love how you didn't reply to Liz's point that GaGa writes for other artists so she must be good.
I did.. I said wale wrote for lil wayne, so he must also be good.. I dont think you can prove the artist is good because he/she writes for another one..

Liz♥
19-02-2009, 07:30 PM
I did.. I said wale wrote for lil wayne, so he must also be good.. I dont think you can prove the artist is good because he/she writes for another one..

wow... lil wayne that's amazing. isn't he trying to do rock music now? And yes you can comment on Kid Cudi's debut album & Wales but it doesn't justify the fact at this moment in time they've only had one hit and no matter how much you say they're album is amazing that's your opinon, unless you get thousands of other people to agree with you. Back on the point of GaGa, before she became an artist she was a lyricist for interscope and helped produce lyrics for artists but she wasn't exactly given the credit for example... did you know taio cruz wrote the #1 hit umbrella sung by Rihanna. God knows how many hits gaga has written, for instance also ryan tedder (lead singer of one republic) also wrote such hits as bleeding love. Lyrics may not make sense to you but it's not like a lot of songs make sense in terms of lyrics, i mean for example - every girls aloud song, the lyrics make no sense or i feel like that imo. same applies to 50% of music out there. Let's just say, songs are like poems which they do sound like them... if they make sense that's just boring and they're not interesting to pay attention to.

Ras
19-02-2009, 08:18 PM
wow... lil wayne that's amazing. isn't he trying to do rock music now? And yes you can comment on Kid Cudi's debut album & Wales but it doesn't justify the fact at this moment in time they've only had one hit and no matter how much you say they're album is amazing that's your opinon, unless you get thousands of other people to agree with you. Back on the point of GaGa, before she became an artist she was a lyricist for interscope and helped produce lyrics for artists but she wasn't exactly given the credit for example... did you know taio cruz wrote the #1 hit umbrella sung by Rihanna. God knows how many hits gaga has written, for instance also ryan tedder (lead singer of one republic) also wrote such hits as bleeding love. Lyrics may not make sense to you but it's not like a lot of songs make sense in terms of lyrics, i mean for example - every girls aloud song, the lyrics make no sense or i feel like that imo. same applies to 50% of music out there. Let's just say, songs are like poems which they do sound like them... if they make sense that's just boring and they're not interesting to pay attention to.
Writing for Lil Wayne is actually amazing, but I was just saying it because you said she wrote for Britney.. I really dont care he writes for Lil wayne actually.. Imo that doesnt change his skills..
And the hit kid cudi did, and the two wale did is actually amazing.. Its mixtapes, and to get popularity from the unofficial stuff you make is well done.. They cant even claim money for selling those mixtapes.. Only after they made each of their hit a single.. And yes there is many many thousands that agree with me (about wale & kid cudi), why else would they get so many magazine covers & back up from other celebrities? Ive seen Kid Cudi on like 7-8 covers, and he has released 1 single, 1 mixtape and is GOING to drop an album later this year, and starts his acting career. Also the same with wale. I havent seen gaga on a front page once yet..
To be back on gaga id say I would never listen to her when im like alone.. Only when im out with my friends.

anyway I actually think this discussion is stupid.. there will always be discussions over what music each person likes.. and everyone thinks they like the best music.. im not only talking about the people im discussing with, but also myself.

Samantha$
20-02-2009, 08:44 PM
not gonna lie i thought her performance was terrible

i think she should have sang 'just dance' on her own instead of singing with that group... petshop boys or w.e?

Niall!
21-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Does it me or does the Pokerface chorus sound like **** her face?

Frodo13.
21-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Does it me or does the Pokerface chorus sound like **** her face?

I'd surely poke her face :)

lisar
21-02-2009, 11:17 AM
lol she was only there for like 2 minutes. she was only there to sing a bit of the song that dusty springfield sang.
i like her, her music is edgy.

and most, if not all singers have their voices modified. some to the extreme, and some not to the extreme. but every thing is ALWAYS modified in production.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!