PDA

View Full Version : Veteran

Zak
17-02-2009, 02:00 PM
I know there's a thread for COD5 but I doubt anyone would read this...

Anyway what do you guys think of the veteran mode?
Have you tried it?
Was it hard?
How far have you got on veteran?
etc

I'm working through the veteran levels for the trophies, I have just finished the sniper level with the guy in the windows and shooting the general (level 4) and boy was that hard!

Did you guys have any troubles with any levels, if so tell me about it?

Fez
17-02-2009, 03:20 PM
The 'Heart of the Reich' is impossible on Veteran, and boy was it a killer.

I did it, it killed my fingers and fumbs, but I finished it and got the platinum woo.

Kieeran
17-02-2009, 03:26 PM
I done the first 3 on veteran got peed off on vendetta so i just continued on regular just to complete it

Zak
17-02-2009, 03:36 PM
The 'Heart of the Reich' is impossible on Veteran, and boy was it a killer.

I did it, it killed my fingers and fumbs, but I finished it and got the platinum woo.

which mission is that remind me

Fez
17-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Where you storm the Reichstag, before the last mission.

ItsDave
17-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Veteran is truly hard. Confronting the Reichstag is really really hard, and then actually fighting in it, Jee Wizz its so difficult, but the fight before that? My god, I've never had so many grenades land infront of me. And when you're being burned out of that house with the Russian guy, on Veteran it turns into you're worst nightmare, the fire actually does you damage so you have to try and rush up the stairs without getting shot, and then you have to try and beat your Russian mate co's if he tells you to run up the stairs he wastes so much time there that you can't get up them or will die getting shot or the fire behind you, truly a mission which pee'd me off

PaulMacC
17-02-2009, 06:36 PM
The AI on veteran have infinite grenades.

Bren
17-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Anyway what do you guys think of the veteran mode? Hate it
Have you tried it? yes
Was it hard? yes but i could and would do it again
How far have you got on veteran? all of it

the only thing i hated was the infinite grenades other then that it was fairly easy.

iAdam
17-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Me and a friend actualyl completed the last mission, it took us ages to get up the stairs at the very start, just keep your head down, only fire if you know where they are and use grenades, alot.

MeRkAgE
17-02-2009, 09:19 PM
I've done most of it on COD4, bar a few missions.
Same on WaW, i'm stuck on the last two missions.
At the start where ur in the reichstag in the hall, i die straight away, it's impossible for me. But i leave campaign just before i throw my controller.

Zak
17-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Veteran is truly hard. Confronting the Reichstag is really really hard, and then actually fighting in it, Jee Wizz its so difficult, but the fight before that? My god, I've never had so many grenades land infront of me. And when you're being burned out of that house with the Russian guy, on Veteran it turns into you're worst nightmare, the fire actually does you damage so you have to try and rush up the stairs without getting shot, and then you have to try and beat your Russian mate co's if he tells you to run up the stairs he wastes so much time there that you can't get up them or will die getting shot or the fire behind you, truly a mission which pee'd me off

lol the fire bit on that mission was the hardest bit for me 2.. altho getting tht sniper.. he was sooo hard to find!!

I remember assaulting the reichstag and it took me a while on regular :\ lol see how i fair on veteran :)

I'll try the next mission tmoz I think it's that seelow one.. should be easier! I'll keep you posted on how im doing O.o

+Bren u must be really gd if u found it easy lol

Bren
18-02-2009, 12:36 AM
lol the fire bit on that mission was the hardest bit for me 2.. altho getting tht sniper.. he was sooo hard to find!!

I remember assaulting the reichstag and it took me a while on regular :\ lol see how i fair on veteran :)

I'll try the next mission tmoz I think it's that seelow one.. should be easier! I'll keep you posted on how im doing O.o

+Bren u must be really gd if u found it easy lol
it did take much more effort than 4 but i just try different ways each time i die and then advancing without taking much notice of enemies then taking cover. im not really the person to sit there for ages and take them one by one.

Jibbish
18-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Completed COD 5 on veteran and boy
that was the most grenade spam I ever saw

Zak
18-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Just finished the one on seelow, it was kind of hard in the trenches.. apart from that it was ok!

I got to take out the mortar pits next level.. that will be hard :(

any tips?

Bren
18-02-2009, 05:41 PM
I found the mortar level fairly easy actually. Take advantage of using the mortars though as they're are definitely a big help.

Zak
19-02-2009, 04:05 PM
omgggg i tried that mortar lvl i died like 25 times n i had to turn it off didnt even get far..

didnt even know u cud use the mortars? :O
I did the first pit but kept dieing wen i was near the second

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!