PDA

View Full Version : City beat United to the signature of Helan

Minstrels
17-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Very good signing, touted as the next Evra. Turning down United for City... another indication the tides are slowly turning. Now let's get the Samba kid in.

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/02/17/Prem-Helan-signs-with-City/gnid-40677/

Thread opened by Yoshimitsui (Forum Super Moderator): If anyone rises to cause an argument and retaliation occours this thread will once again be closed and individuals dealt with.

mangle
17-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Fair enough, mind you United aren't exactly short as they do have Fabio.

Minstrels
17-02-2009, 09:05 PM
However it is good to have two, for them to train together. Now we have Helan and Logan.

MeRkAgE
17-02-2009, 09:05 PM
FANTASTIC signing for the Blues, it'll hopefully make Wayne Bridge up his game.
Another one for the future along with Weiss.
Turned down Man U? He's got my vote :D

Jack.Lfc
17-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Bruno Cheyrou was touted as the next zidane.

Skajo
17-02-2009, 09:37 PM
:eusa_clap

Andeeh
17-02-2009, 10:16 PM
haha lol

aint he at some french club marseille or summin

well hope he does well for city

Loser
17-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Man City 1 - 0 Man Utd

luce
17-02-2009, 10:25 PM
misread the contract.

Although i've never heard of him i had never heard of most of Uniteds recent signings and they've turned out to be amazing so we'll have to see :)

busybabes
17-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Man City 1 - 0 Man Utd
:lol:

idiot

city offered him 5x the wage united were going to give him. shame really.. he will never make it at city or united anyway.

Minstrels
17-02-2009, 11:32 PM
:lol:

idiot

city offered him 5x the wage united were going to give him. shame really.. he will never make it at city or united anyway.
Probably right about the wages however for the last bit, we'll wait and see.

Implement
17-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Just goes to prove Manchester City are contributing to the ruining of football by buying all the young players and offering them huge contracts at such a young age, which in turn makes the money go to their heads, and in turn never make it as a big time player.

R.I.P football.

Minstrels
17-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Just goes to prove Manchester City are contributing to the ruining of football by buying all the young players and offering them huge contracts at such a young age, which in turn makes the money go to their heads, and in turn never make it as a big time player.

R.I.P football.
Rooney to Manchester United.
Ronaldo to Manchester United.

I'd stop with your posts having sly digs at me. :rolleyes:

mangle
17-02-2009, 11:43 PM
That's been happening for years mate.

aimed @implement btw!

Minstrels
17-02-2009, 11:43 PM
That's been happening for years mate.

aimed @implement btw!
Thank you! +rep

Skajo
17-02-2009, 11:44 PM

R.I.P football.
Ramsey, Bostock, Vokes, deLeat

Minstrels
17-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Ramsey, Bostock, Vokes, deLeat
Some very nice names and I swear Ramsey is having a grand time at Arsenal.

Implement
17-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Rolando Bianchi, Reyes, Baptista, Francis Jeffers, Fernando Mortientes, Boulahrouz, Kleberson, Kezman, David Bellion, Helder Postiga, Nugent, Darren Bent, Fredi Adu, Veron, Adriano Mutu, Bernado Corradi.

Should I name more?

And Vokes? he's **** he does practically **** all for us apart from come of the bench and score the odd goal when were already winning 2-0 +

Minstrels
17-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Rolando Bianchi, Reyes, Baptista, Francis Jeffers, Fernando Mortientes, Boulahrouz, Kleberson, Kezman, David Bellion, Helder Postiga, Nugent, Darren Bent, Fredi Adu, Veron, Adriano Mutu, Bernado Coradi.

Should I name more?

And Vokes? he's **** he does practically **** all for us apart from come of the bench and score the odd goal when were already winning 2-0 +
I wont bother with this post. It's just a poor attempt at trying to get back into a silly debate which should never of started due to it having poor grounds on your behalf.

Implement
17-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Finally your actually going to shut up :O

Skajo
18-02-2009, 12:19 AM
Rolando Bianchi, Reyes, Baptista, Francis Jeffers, Fernando Mortientes, Boulahrouz, Kleberson, Kezman, David Bellion, Helder Postiga, Nugent, Darren Bent, Fredi Adu, Veron, Adriano Mutu, Bernado Corradi.

Should I name more?

Bianchi was bought by City at the age of 23, hardly young and that was when City were a mid-table still buzzing from promotion team. Reyes was never going to make it in the EPL still, he has played for the best team in England (at the time), the best team in Spain (at the time) and currently players for one of the best teams in Portugal. He, again, was purchased at 20 - hardly young in comparison to the player this thread discusses. I don't even know where you're coming from with Baptista - successful at Sevilla and Madrid (goal ratio of 0.5 p/game) and didn't make it (on loan) at Arsenal but that was when he was 24. He's now playing well for Roma, that team that's in the Champions League. I'll give you Jeffers - my lord let's never talk of him again. Morientes, again, a fantastic Spanish international who has a goal ratio of more than 0.5 p/game on the international scene. I really don't know where you were going with that one - not young and very successful. Boulahrouz - purhcased at 24 by Chelsea, put in some solid performances but you try and move Terry and Carvalho from the team and having Alex as back up - ha, he never stood a chance. Played well at Sevilla and now plays for Stuttgart - a well respected team. Kleberson - well done, that's 2. Kezman - another one purhcased at 24 when Chelsea weren't really title contenders in 2004. However, as soon as Abram took over he was one of the first ones out - not because of his talent as he has gone on to play for 3 top class European teams - but because Ranieri has $$$ to play with. Bellion - did well I thought for United but much like Frazier Campbell - doesn't have what it takes to play at the top level, plays well in the French league though. Postiga - again, I kind of agree that he wasn't a success but that hasn't affected his progress as a footballer as he plays for the two top teams in the Portuguese league (on loan at one from another). Nugent, not young again (21) when Portsmouth purchased him but I still believe he can perform well in the EPL and his recent performances back me up on this - he's still only 23 as well. What the hell is wrong with Bent? Adu is 19 and plays for Benfica (on loan at the moment though) so he's still progressing. He also plays well for the national team. Veron was good what you are talking about? Over-payed and over-rated but good and was bought at the age of 25 - not young and definately not hindering his progress. Mutu got sacked from Chelsea for taking cocaine - great player and great talent - consistantly performs for Romania and Fiorentina and has played for Inter etc. Great player, wasted on drugs. But again, aged 24 when Chelsea purchased him so not young. Corradi was 29 when Manchester City purchased him, I'm not even going to waste my breath because you obviously ran out of young talent bought, then wasted.

I think, just think, that this backs mine, and many others', point up.

Implement
18-02-2009, 12:26 AM
Btw I was just naming anyone that got paid **** loads and then never lived up to the hype.

Which is what Manchester City are doing to younger players and slightly older players.

Geraint
18-02-2009, 12:28 AM
let's face it, the worlds most overpaid players are Ronaldino and Beckham. fgs. 300k a week for them :O

Implement
18-02-2009, 12:32 AM
You are correct lol.

Throne Sofa
18-02-2009, 01:54 AM
FANTASTIC signing for the Blues, it'll hopefully make Wayne Bridge up his game.
Another one for the future along with Weiss.
Turned down Man U? He's got my vote :D
He's 16.

Immenseman
18-02-2009, 04:36 AM
by the end of his career, city will be mid-table, in the championship.

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 09:01 AM
by the end of his career, city will be mid-table, in the championship.
And United will be... well people will be asking what is United. They'll of gone bankrupt! ;)

Jam
18-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Morientes, again, a fantastic Spanish international who has a goal ratio of more than 0.5 p/game on the international scene. I really don't know where you were going with that one - not young and very successful.

I have no idea how old he is but he did go to Liverpool in 2004/05 I think, most likely wrong, maybe he got a bucket-loada-wages then.

Skajo
18-02-2009, 01:51 PM
28 when he was at Liverpool, past his best IMO.

Implement
18-02-2009, 01:57 PM
And United will be... well people will be asking what is United. They'll of gone bankrupt! ;)

They're already in debt?

Like most every other Premier League club...

But now I guess you'll reply saying Manchester City isn't, lol.

Skajo
18-02-2009, 01:58 PM
£508m worth of debt to be precise.

Implement
18-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Thank you for the preciseness in that valuation. :P

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 02:34 PM
They're already in debt?

Like most every other Premier League club...

But now I guess you'll reply saying Manchester City isn't, lol.
Yeah they're in debt... hence why they'll be bankrupt and would of closed down before City are back in Championship.:rolleyes:

Implement
18-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Thing is Manchester United would never get bankrupt/closed down.

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Thing is Manchester United would never get bankrupt/closed down.
OK so when they're in 508 million in debt and miss out on the Champions League for one season they're aren't going to miss that revenue? A lot of teams are gunning for it, Manchester City, Spurs, Villa and Everton. In ten years time you don't know what will happen. :rolleyes:

Implement
18-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Manchester city aren't gunning for that position, maybe next year? :rolleyes:

And lets face it, they're not going to miss out on the Champions League, are they?

They won't ever go bankrupt in our life time.

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Manchester city aren't gunning for that position, maybe next year? :rolleyes:

And lets face it, they're not going to miss out on the Champions League, are they?

They won't ever go bankrupt in our life time.
OK so Manchester City didn't sign Robinho as a statement of intent.
Manchester City didn't chase Kaka as a statement of intent.
Were gunning for that spot, we want it.

And are we talking about the same club which has told Gary Neville he must take a pay cut if he wishes to stay at OT? Yes we are.

Jack.Lfc
18-02-2009, 03:33 PM

And are we talking about the same club which has told Gary Neville he must take a pay cut if he wishes to stay at OT? Yes we are.

You need a world class manager.

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 03:34 PM
You need a world class manager.
Indeed, and I hope we get one in the Summer just not now. Let Hughes ride it out till the Summer then get rid.

Implement
18-02-2009, 03:40 PM
As you say, it's all "statement of intent" - that doesn't mean that you WILL be challenging the top four.

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 03:42 PM
As you say, it's all "statement of intent" - that doesn't mean that you WILL be challenging the top four.
We are challenging the top four. We're going after players they would love. :rolleyes:

Implement
18-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Manchester City -

Robinho

Manchester United -

Van Der Sar, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes, Carrick (personally don't like him), Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov... the list could go on.

Your a long way off yet.

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Manchester City -

Robinho

Manchester United -

Van Der Sar, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes, Carrick (personally don't like him), Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov... the list could go on.

Your a long way off yet.
Manchester City -
Robinho, Kaka, Tevez, Berbatov, Eto, Ronald, Terry, Gerrard, Buffon.

It's a never ending list. City are going for and being linked with players which United can no longer virtually afford. We're challenging them, how are we a long way off? In the league yes. In terms of the project, no.

I'm sure that many people on here, including Jake would agree City are not far behind United in that perspective. In the game yes, were miles behind.

Jordie
18-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Kompany and De Jong are quality players.

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Kompany and De Jong are quality players.
Indeed, both very young. Were buying quality players like these with the players like Ireland and dotting them with stars like Robinho.

Implement
18-02-2009, 03:51 PM
I was stating players that you have, compared to Manchester United, and TBH you would not got 1/3 of those players.

Indeed, both very young. Were buying quality players like these with the players like Ireland and dotting them with stars like Robinho.

Dotting them with a STAR like Robinho, not STARS.

You only have one.

PlERO-PPY
18-02-2009, 03:52 PM

United's reserves are the best in the country. Check who they have - Macheda, The 17 year old striker who has just came into the first team for the champions league. Davide Petrucci - 16 year old talent (the next ronaldo)
aand bare others. But myself am a city fan and united don't need this halen guy, Why you may ask because basicly he would never ever get played probably. Then like in 2 eyars he will be sold, Like they did with G.Rossi

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 03:53 PM
I was stating players that you have, compared to Manchester United, and TBH you would not got 1/3 of those players.
And yet again you try and change the context of the discussion.

Yesterday it was about young players, then it suddenly changed to players where money has gone to the heads.
Now your trying to change it from challenging them via PR etc to players the club hold.

Of course were not going to challenge them with the players we've had for two or three seasons. :rolleyes:

Edit: So PlERO, you haven't heard of Weiss?

Implement
18-02-2009, 03:56 PM

You're the one who started with all the signing stuff...

A bit hypocritical? :rolleyes:

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 03:59 PM
You're the one who started with all the signing stuff...

A bit hypocritical? :rolleyes:
Exactly, signings. Not players which already have contracts at the clubs.

Honestly... :rolleyes:

PlERO-PPY
18-02-2009, 04:02 PM
And yet again you try and change the context of the discussion.

Yesterday it was about young players, then it suddenly changed to players where money has gone to the heads.
Now your trying to change it from challenging them via PR etc to players the club hold.

Of course were not going to challenge them with the players we've had for two or three seasons. :rolleyes:

Edit: So PlERO, you haven't heard of Weiss?

i havent heared of weiss

Implement
18-02-2009, 04:03 PM

Honestly. :rolleyes:

Keep squirming.

Immenseman
18-02-2009, 04:07 PM
dont be daft that'll be city when their owners **** off :lol:

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 04:08 PM
i havent heared of weiss
Should of.

Honestly. :rolleyes:

Keep squirming.
Squirming from what? We didn't sign Kaka, we didn't sign Terry, we didn't sign Ronald and we didn't get Terry.

Understood yet?

Implement
18-02-2009, 04:09 PM
I see that you've now given up on the part that I quoted you saying, actually realised that you were the one in the wrong? I think I rest my case :).

And yes I understand, I understand that you are the one changing the subject as your realise that you were wrong.

Jack.Lfc
18-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Like it or not, man city are gunna be challanging for everything in years to come.

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 04:12 PM
I see that you've now given up on the part that I quoted you saying, actually realised that you were the one in the wrong? I think I rest my case :).

And yes I understand, I understand that you are the one changing the subject as your realise that you were wrong.
How have I given up? I'm still posting aren't I? I've shown you were discussing players who went went for in the transfer windows, not players who were at the clubs for three years.
And you don't understand.
How am I changing the subject when you were the one who listed the United team AFTER I posted about Kaka and co. :S

Like it or not, man city are gunna be challanging for everything in years to come.
Hello Jack, you understood what I'm saying don't you?

Implement
18-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Yes in years to come, but not as soon as he thinks.

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm talking about the players were signing or wanting to sign, not who has been at the club for three years for Christs sake. :eusa_wall

Implement
I was responding to jack not you. Thanks. Keep on banging your head mate.

Jack.Lfc

Depends really, could be next season depends if they sign big which i expect them to in summer. So they could be challanging for trophies next season.

Implement
18-02-2009, 04:14 PM
I give it three years me, I mean, It took Chelsea a bit of time too.

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 04:15 PM
I was responding to jack not you. Thanks. Keep on banging your head mate.
Then why don't you use a little function called "Quote". :rolleyes:

Depends really, could be next season depends if they sign big which i expect them to in summer. So they could be challanging for trophies next season.
Don't forget the Uefa Cup this season.

Implement
18-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Because I don't want to use the quote thanks. It's not my fault if you can't read the thread properly.

And yeah you may have a chance of getting somewhere in the Uefa Cup, but I wouldn't put my house on it.

Twist
18-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Then why don't you use a little function called "Quote". :rolleyes:

Good one Matty ;).

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Because I don't want to use the quote thanks.

And yeah you may have a chance of getting somewhere in the Uefa Cup, but I wouldn't put my house on it.
Well considering we've made it to the knock out stages. :rolleyes:
And why don't you want to use the quotes? Trying to wind me up eh?

Why are you no longer trying to change the subject from players we wanted to sign into a subject about players who have been at a club for a number of years. It now appears you want me to argue with you over a quote function which is provided to help people.

Implement
18-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Was very good wasn't it. :(

And btw, your the one getting annoyed cause I don't use the search function, it's up to me to use it or not...

I'm not trying to argue with anyone :rolleyes:

Minstrels
Was very good wasn't it. :(
Oh stop the sarcasm.

Skajo
Can't see it, sorry.

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Can't see it, sorry.
But were in the knock out rounds, of course were challenging for it when you get that far.

Implement
18-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Knock out rounds is a different ball game compared to the group stages.

Good one Matty ;).

What happened to Wolves brotherhood!!

WOO I used the quote system!

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Knock out rounds is a different ball game compared to the group stages.

What happened to Wolves brotherhood!!
Just because he supports the same team doesn't mean he has to agree with someone spouting ******** in a attempt to troll a users posts.

Skajo
18-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Sant Julia were challenging for it when they got beat 9-0 in the first round.

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Sant Julia were challenging for it when they got beat 9-0 in the first round.
Indeed they were.

Jack.Lfc
18-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Thing is City havnt came up against anyone good yet. When they do ill judge then ;)

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Thing is City havnt came up against anyone good yet. When they do ill judge then ;)
I'd say Schalke are a decent side.

Immenseman
18-02-2009, 04:25 PM
everyone knows that they will be challenging in years to come, i doubt next year or even the year after, they need a good core quality of 4-6 who have played with each other for like a year to build the team around

Implement
18-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Yeah same as what I said, three years.

And it's just a figure of speech Minstrels, I was taking the pee...

Gosh you take everything so serious, wheres your sense of humor?

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Yeah same as what I said, three years.

And it's just a figure of speech Minstrels, I was taking the pee...

Gosh you take everything so serious, wheres your sense of humor?
I have one. However your posts are not funny. You simply target my posts looking to spark an argument. :rolleyes:

Yoshimitsui
18-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Look guys, this arguing over football teams and whatever else is causing nothing but trouble and is giving this section a reputation for arguing all the time. Other people are put off from posting as they do not wish to be brought into the middle of this entire nit picking at one another. It is ridiculously pointless for you to be getting so irate over it, if you don't agree with someone else’s opinion fine, but at least have the maturity to either respond in a grown up manner or just ignore it.
If it continues individuals will just be banned from this section and will face further action for starting arguments. Enough is enough.

Do not respond to this and place blames or raise points on it, simply use the threads as a discussion to the topic in hand.

Jack.Lfc
18-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Look guys, this arguing over football teams and whatever else is causing nothing but trouble and is giving this section a reputation for arguing all the time. Other people are put off from posting as they do not wish to be brought into the middle of this entire nit picking at one another. It is ridiculously pointless for you to be getting so irate over it, if you don't agree with someone else’s opinion fine, but at least have the maturity to either respond in a grown up manner or just ignore it.
If it continues individuals will just be banned from this section and will face further action for starting arguments. Enough is enough.

Do not respond to this and place blames or raise points on it, simply use the threads as a discussion to the topic in hand.

Its minstruls fault.

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Its minstruls fault.
You're a little joker Jack. :lol:

Jack.Lfc
18-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Ill probs be banned soon :lol:

Yoshimitsui
18-02-2009, 04:57 PM
He saved you from one, yes :P

Skajo
18-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Yoshi, I understand that you do not realise that what this is - is purely banter between opposition fans. In other sections this is probably classed as abused but the flared up banter is part and parcel of being a football fan.

Taking such action is REALLY unnecessary and will probably cause more problems than it will solve.

Yoshimitsui
18-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Yoshi, I understand that you do not realise that what this is - is purely banter between opposition fans. In other sections this is probably classed as abused but the flared up banter is part and parcel of being a football fan.

Taking such action is REALLY unnecessary and will probably cause more problems than it will solve.

I don't really want to get into discussion about it in the thread, however, it has passed above banter and has become more of user specific thing. Saying things purely to target individuals. The other difference being that this is a message board, what you say stays here for others to always see and respond to, this being more of a reason people cannot continue to say whatever they wish.

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 05:26 PM

He knows what it is and he did the right thing.

Implement
18-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Well done to Yoshi :) but it mainly is banter, and mainly the fact that some people just don't like each other in this section, which is unavoidable in any forum really.

Technologic
18-02-2009, 05:37 PM
City are still crap, no matter what.

Implement
18-02-2009, 05:39 PM
I lol'd, that is your opinion, I agree and disagree, they're crap atm but they might be very good in a few years time...

Technologic
18-02-2009, 05:44 PM
They've bee saying that for about 20 years

Implement
18-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Very true indeed.

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Well done to Yoshi :) but it mainly is banter, and mainly the fact that some people just don't like each other in this section, which is unavoidable in any forum really.
How is calling someone an idiot banter?

They've bee saying that for about 20 years
No we haven't. We've been saying that we deserve something and now were getting it.

Implement
18-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Deserve what?

And calling someone an idiot can be classed as banter - if it's sarcastic.

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Deserve what?

And calling someone an idiot can be classed as banter - if it's sarcastic.
No it's not. Calling someone an idiot is not banter, banter is taking the piss because you haven't won something for 30 years. Banter is acting like you've won the world cup when you've scored one goal, after watching your team concede seven. Calling someone an idiot is not banter.

And we deserve success.

Implement
18-02-2009, 05:58 PM
No it's not. Calling someone an idiot is not banter, banter is taking the piss because you haven't won something for 30 years. Banter is acting like you've won the world cup when you've scored one goal, after watching your team concede seven. Calling someone an idiot is not banter.

And we deserve success.

Cool.

And you don't deserve success ATM as you're trying to buy success, which IS wrong?

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Cool.

And you don't deserve success ATM as you're trying to buy success, which IS wrong?
So we don't deserve success?

Implement
18-02-2009, 06:16 PM
No, you don't.

Everton deserve success, been knocking on the door for years now and have made it once but let it slip at the early stages of qualifying.

Aston Villa deserve it - and look like they are actually going to make it.

And you can't say that's not correct.

Is that okay, sir.

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 06:30 PM
No, you don't.

Everton deserve success, been knocking on the door for years now and have made it once but let it slip at the early stages of qualifying.

Aston Villa deserve it - and look like they are actually going to make it.

And you can't say that's not correct.

Is that okay, sir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnAm5ZV-Cs4
Speaks for itself.

Notice the massive pitch invasion, from ALL sides? This was an AWAY game. Back to back promotion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TiVjn_McVQ

Were a club where the fans deserve something.

Implement
18-02-2009, 06:36 PM
O rle.

Once again you're trying to change subject, I never mentioned the fans...

But still, fans don't get what they deserve I'm afraid, look at Newcastle. :rolleyes:

Everton and Aston Villa deserve it, not Man City.:)

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 06:37 PM
O rle.

Fans don't get what they deserve I'm afraid, look at Newcastle. :rolleyes:

Everton and Aston Villa deserve it, not Man City.:)
Why don't we?

Implement
18-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Your throwing money at it.

And tbh, there is already one big team from Manchester, we don't need two. :rolleyes:

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Your throwing money at it.

And tbh, there is already one big team from Manchester, we don't need two. :rolleyes:
So you don't think it would be good for the Premiership to have the whole AC Milan Inter thing going on in the Premiership? Are you MAD?

And Chelsea brought success.
United brought success.

All teams buy it, face it. :rolleyes:

Implement
18-02-2009, 06:59 PM
It's a forum and i'm voicing my opinion, I can do that.

And for your information no, I wouldn't, that derby can still go ahead as it does every six months, just not on the scale of the Milan derby (the Manchester derby is actually probably bigger than the Milan derby in terms of viewers an passion ect).

And also FYI I'd rather see less big teams from London, and big teams spread throughout the country instead of in clumps in big cities.

Thanks.

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 07:01 PM
It's a forum and i'm voicing my opinion, I can do that.

And for your information no, I wouldn't that derby can still go ahead as it does every six months, just not on the scale with the Milan derby (the Manchester derby is actually probably bigger than the Milan derby).

I'd rather see less big teams from London, and big teams spread throughout the country instead of in clumps in big cities.

Thanks.
Why would you want clubs such as Portsmouth to be big? They offer nothing to the PL apart from a cold night match with an away end with hardly any protection from the weather.

Implement
18-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Why would you want a club like Manchester City to be big? apart from the fact that you support them.

We already have one huge derby - The Merseyside Derby.

Thanks.

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Why would you want a club like Manchester City to be big? apart from the fact that you support them.

We already have one huge derby - The Merseyside Derby.

Thanks.
Manchester derby would be massive. United are a massive side, City could be massive. Were already bigger than Everton and United are bigger than Liverpool.
We have a better ground than both Everton and Liverpool already.
We'll have better players than Liverpool in a few seasons, more exciting players.

Ask BusyBabes, I'm sure he'll tell you a Manchester derby which is better than the Milan one would do the PL massive favours.

Implement
18-02-2009, 07:08 PM
The PL is already big enough.

Minstrels
18-02-2009, 07:08 PM
The PL is already big enough.
So you're trying to tell me you don't want it to expand ever more?

:rolleyes:

Implement
18-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Yes just without Manchester City getting bigger.

I just don't like how they're throwing money at it.

Which is why I don't like Chelsea.

But I gotta' admit I'm gonna' love it when it comes to transfer periods, it's great to see our big clubs snap up all the talent from Europe, which will obviously include Manchester City now :P.

Jack.Lfc
18-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Manchester derby would be massive. United are a massive side, City could be massive. Were already bigger than Everton and United are bigger than Liverpool.
We have a better ground than both Everton and Liverpool already.
We'll have better players than Liverpool in a few seasons, more exciting players.

Ask BusyBabes, I'm sure he'll tell you a Manchester derby which is better than the Milan one would do the PL massive favours.

Liverpool will get tookover at the end of this season. ;)

Implement
18-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Agreed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!