PDA

View Full Version : Jack Rodwell signs until 2014

EverSteve
19-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Sorry Arsenal and Manchester United :eusa_whis

http://evertonfc.com/assets/_files/cached/img/272x180/aug_08/efc__1218109374_break.jpg

Everton's talented teenage midfielder Jack Rodwell has signed a new five-year deal with the Club.

evertonfc.com reported earlier this week that Everton had reached agreement with the player and the negotiations have subsequently been completed.

Rodwell, 17, is now contracted to the Club until 2014.

http://evertonfc.com/assets/_files/images/feb_09/efc__1235051148_rodwell-450.jpg

He scored his first Everton goal in the 3-1 win over Aston Villa last weekend and received lavish praise from his manager, teammates and the wider football fraternity.

In total, he’s made thirteen appearances this season, seven of which were from the start.
Rodwell is a product of Everton's academy and made his debut last season as a 16-year old. For the first team, he’s been playing as a midfield player having first impressed in the Academy and reserve sides as a central defender.

He's been regularly involved in the first team squad this term.

Blues boss David Moyes was delighted to secure the services of one of the Premier League's brightest talents.

He said: "When we get good young players, we want to sign them up and keep them here. That’s always the way that we have gone about it.

“Jack has got a long way to go and it wasn’t ideal that we had to pitch him in at the start of the season; we threw him in at the deep end.

“He played well in those games at times but we took him away from it for a while to give him a break and let him see what it’s all about.

“But when he came back in against Liverpool he looked really good and he made a big contribution against Aston Villa. The signs from him were positive.”

Skajo
19-02-2009, 02:09 PM
http://www.toffeetalk.com/

Tell it to people who care.

EverSteve
19-02-2009, 02:12 PM
http://www.toffeetalk.com/

Tell it to people who care.

Soz im a bluekipper and grandoldteam fan :eusa_clap

and lol if you dont care, they dont reply. but thanks for bumping my thread i knew you wanted everyone else to see it

Skajo
19-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Did you know Lewis Guy has gone on loan to Hartlepool?

I might just post a thread about that. Mind, you probably don't know who he is you fake scouser.

EverSteve
19-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Did you know Lewis Guy has gone on loan to Hartlepool?

I might just post a thread about that. Mind, you probably don't know who he is you fake scouser.

lmao, why dont you then. Don't need to tell me about it unless you want me to hold your hand!?!?!

and once again well done from finding out im not from Liverpool, if i was fake surely my location would be Liverpool not Doncaster*Removed*

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude.

Skajo
19-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Oh wow, resorting to the exchanging of unpleasantries now? Wow, a new low.

Get yourself down to the KM and watch your local team and stop filling the forum WITH BLOODY CRAP.

EverSteve
19-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Oh wow, resorting to the exchanging of unpleasantries now? Wow, a new low.

Get yourself down to the KM and watch your local team and stop filling the forum WITH BLOODY CRAP.

Lmao, If Americans buy Liverpool & United while Arabs can buy Man City. I can be a fan without being 1 minute down the road.

Unless theres a rule book somewhere? Didn't think so

*Removed*

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude.

Skajo
19-02-2009, 02:27 PM
No, it's called making a point. One of those things that you cannot do because all you do is come out with the most incoherent drivel I think I've ever seen on a forum.

It's called G-L-O-R-Y supporting. I mean, I'd probably understand it if you 'supported' Manchester United or whatever because every kid does nowadays but Jesus, support your local team. I used to 'support' Arsenal until I was old enough to go to the KM and see my local team. Being the only one in my immediate family who likes football, it was hard for me to have any contacts to local football.

Oh, and another tip - don't start your next post with "lmao". Talk bloody English.

Why did you edit your post? Moderators can see the original you know so you won't get away with what you put.

EverSteve
19-02-2009, 02:32 PM
No, it's called making a point. One of those things that you cannot do because all you do is come out with the most incoherent drivel I think I've ever seen on a forum.

It's called G-L-O-R-Y supporting. I mean, I'd probably understand it if you 'supported' Manchester United or whatever because every kid does nowadays but Jesus, support your local team. I used to 'support' Arsenal until I was old enough to go to the KM and see my local team. Being the only one in my immediate family who likes football, it was hard for me to have any contacts to local football.

Oh, and another tip - don't start your next post with "lmao". Talk bloody English.

lmao - i mean lol....so i can suit everyones needs xo

If I was a glory supporter, Then from when I was born to 2005 I would've not supported Everton who were fighting relegation every year.

And may I just add, that I posted this cuz Rodwell has a great future. Look at all the players in the past who Man Utd and Arsenal were after, Talents such as Jeffers and look at what happened to him. Lets not forget Wayne Rooney who left even though he was a LOCAL Everton fan.

and btw most of the Doncaster Fans were Sheffield United/Wednesday fans, until they got into League 2/1/Champtions. So there not glory fans either clearly!!

Geraint
19-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Adam's a glory hunter. He only supported Doncaster 'cause they were in League one. He didn't go on Tuesday because they're near the bottom. Explain yourself, young boy.

Skajo
19-02-2009, 02:37 PM
IF Arsenal want him, they'll get him. Same with Manchester United.

Just because he's got a contract, doesn't mean he's staying there until 2014. Hell, he could go this summer.

I am Geraint. Sorry :(

EverSteve
19-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Adam's a glory hunter. He only supported Doncaster 'cause they were in League one. He didn't go on Tuesday because they're near the bottom. Explain yourself, young boy.

I said most Doncaster Fans. Didn't say all xo

IF Arsenal want him, they'll get him. Same with Manchester United.

Just because he's got a contract, doesn't mean he's staying there until 2014. Hell, he could go this summer.

na cuz Rooney was offered a contract and left that summer, while Rodwell has accepted the contract.

Skajo
19-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Wow, you really don't understand football do you?

I only went to my first Rovers game November 2007 after my friend persuaded me to go. It was only my 3rd live football match (previous two were about 10 years ago when I got dragged to Hillsbrough by a friend) and I've fell in love with the club ever since. Am I a glory supporter?

Jack.Lfc
19-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Wonder if they auction the pen he used to sign the contract like they are with jo's
http://evertonfc.com/news/archive/jo-pen-on-eauction.html
maybe they might make enough money for a world class signing.

EverSteve
19-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Wow, you really don't understand football do you?

I only went to my first Rovers game November 2007 after my friend persuaded me to go. It was only my 3rd live football match (previous two were about 10 years ago when I got dragged to Hillsbrough by a friend) and I've fell in love with the club ever since. Am I a glory supporter?

Clearly you don't if you think I'm a glory supporter?

I don't honestly care whos glory supporters and whos not, at the end of the day, theres no rule book saying who you can and can't support. You support who you wish to follow or in some peoples cases who they think wil win the league.

Everton is my passion the end, Rodwell he could leave in Summer, but its unlikely. Even if he did, Everton now has a contract on him so we'll get the money for him

If he had've just not signed a contract we would've got **** all for him cuz he wasn't under a contract.

but its clearly he wants to play for Everton at the present.

Wonder if they auction the pen he used to sign the contract like they are with jo's
http://evertonfc.com/news/archive/jo...-eauction.html (http://evertonfc.com/news/archive/jo-pen-on-eauction.html)

Not all teams have foreign owners, some still are from the UK mate.

Skajo
19-02-2009, 02:54 PM
No, you don't understand football. Is Rodwell under 21? Yes I think so, so if he agreed a contract at another club that was equal or more than his contract that 'expired' at Everton then Everton would be entitled to compensation (how much would depend on a hearing).

EverSteve
19-02-2009, 02:57 PM
No, you don't understand football. Is Rodwell under 21? Yes I think so, so if he agreed a contract at another club that was equal or more than his contract that 'expired' at Everton then Everton would be entitled to compensation (how much would depend on a hearing).

He didn't even have a contract until today lol thats what im trying to say, thats his first proffesionial contract at Everton.

Twist
19-02-2009, 02:58 PM
http://evertonfc.com/news/archive/jo-pen-on-eauction.html
Wow a pen - how sad.

Skajo
19-02-2009, 03:08 PM
He didn't even have a contract until today lol thats what im trying to say, thats his first proffesionial contract at Everton.
He was obviously on a bloody contract.

Minstrels
19-02-2009, 04:05 PM
He was obviously on a bloody contract.
That's right boy, spread your knowledge!

MeRkAgE
19-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Who is this Jack Rodwell?
Is he supposed to be a SUPERSTAR or something, i've heard of him, seen him play, but don't notice anything special. Let me guess, "SHUT UP, HE'S ONLY 17!" It's the same with Dan Gosling, seriously, who the **** is he? Scores a goal against Liverpool ( deflection might i say ), and know he's some WONDERKID. These two players are gonna fail in their careers and will end up in the Championship. Rant over.

Edit - LOL AT THAT AUCTION. I KNEW DAVID MOYES WAS DESPERATE FOR TRANSFER FEES BUT THAT'S TAKEN IT TO A NEW LEVEL.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!