PDA

View Full Version : HFFM.co.uk Money Scam

WeAllLoveClover
19-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Rumours have been circulating that HFFM and its owner Carnio have set up a money scam claming they have to now pay for a PPL licence.

http://www.hffm.co.uk/web/ppl.html

Are we actually donating to pay for a PPL or are we paying for a Games Console for Carnio? The Owner of HFFM has once again put a sad plea for donations, is he ever going to pay for something out of his own pocket?

Maybe were being a bit harsh on Carnio? Maybe he’s just an idiot who has been fooled by some sad little kid trying to scare him? But one last thing is, if Carnio is being asked to get a PPL why isn’t habbox, they are a far more popular site, same with CH it all seems a little too suspicious for me.

Anyway what are your thoughts?

Thread closed by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Due to Bump.

mlp16
19-02-2009, 07:18 PM
This infact is not a scam, and it must be paid.

e5
19-02-2009, 07:22 PM
This also isn't a news story. I don't think they're in the habbit of lieing, especially as this time of thing can you get put in prison for a significant amout of time ...

Access
19-02-2009, 07:23 PM
All of them are being asked lol not just HFFM..

luce
19-02-2009, 07:23 PM
LOLIRL tune into clubhabbo now it's their last show so it's no scam :D

Calvin
19-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Get out. I dont think he would do something like that, also all fansites have to pay it.

Robbie
19-02-2009, 07:30 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=562482

fgs.

Bass
19-02-2009, 07:35 PM
No scam, its true, ClubHabbo have there POSSIBLE last show on atm.

Quite upsetting really, after the hard work going into these sites

TopManTim
19-02-2009, 07:39 PM
LOL hi mr clubhabbo/some fansite no-one knows about spreadin ****

ever thought to research before stirring pots? ever thought to ask other radio fansites if they have also recieved the bill?

and what are you talking about 'he please for money again' when has he plead for money before :S

Skajo
19-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Ha.

Thing is, they'll have to pay a license for each song that they play yes? It can't be right if they pay £200 and that's it.

It doesn't make sense to me.

WeAllLoveClover
19-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Well the thing is, PPL is a private company who sort out paying the revenue for the artitists. They do not enforce the law also do you really think that youd be put in prision for running a online habbo fansite which is non profit when HMPS is alread overloaded? No i dont think so.

Romanity
20-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Each license is worked out on an individual basis depending on useage, bandwith, visitors etc... However the starting deposit is £200.

I dont see why a fansite should have to pay the £200 itself when the radio benefits everyone. Not when its a price like this anyway.

Bare in minds this isnt just official sites or habbo sites, if you have a site with a radio... you're in the same place right now.

Yantie
20-02-2009, 12:35 AM
Rumours have been circulating that HFFM and its owner Carnio have set up a money scam claming they have to now pay for a PPL licence.

http://www.hffm.co.uk/web/ppl.html

Are we actually donating to pay for a PPL or are we paying for a Games Console for Carnio? The Owner of HFFM has once again put a sad plea for donations, is he ever going to pay for something out of his own pocket?

Maybe were being a bit harsh on Carnio? Maybe he’s just an idiot who has been fooled by some sad little kid trying to scare him? But one last thing is, if Carnio is being asked to get a PPL why isn’t habbox, they are a far more popular site, same with CH it all seems a little too suspicious for me.

Anyway what are your thoughts?

LMAO you dumb nut!

If you have any mind, you would of looked up the licensing laws on which over last year and now this are being heavily enforced.

It is not a scam, ALL websites broadcasting signed artists/bands will have to pay royalty/broadcasting fees.

This is simply because without the permission from the record labels who hold the artist/band's rights, it is against the law to broadcast their music.

Kipp
20-02-2009, 12:42 AM
LOOL that ain't a scamm.

Anvrew
20-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Why didn't they get contacted before now?
Hmm...

.:wozzaaboii:.
23-07-2012, 02:15 PM
there comming back:O

Edited by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't bump old threads - instead, make a new one. :)

David
23-07-2012, 02:27 PM
nice bump

doubt they'll last long

Lewis
23-07-2012, 02:41 PM
there comming back:O

you naughty habbo, bumping this thread :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!