PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista Search

GreenCrayons.
19-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Hey guys im doing a project at school for search engines and im abit confused about the windows vista search engine.
Basicly, When i type say "Apple" into the search enginge but dont press enter, it comes up with like Apple Homepage,Apple FAQ, Etc and other files on my pc, then when i click search everywhere it goes to "google desktop" now i have like 2 questions:

1. Is the search where i dont press enter still powered by google desktop? or is it just my computer search engine.
2. Does google desktop use the same method as google or does it just search your computer rather than the whole web.

The search where you dont press enter is the one when you press "Start" then its just above that.

Thanks REP Will be given!

:job2
19-02-2009, 11:10 PM
A search engine would be www.google.com www.ask.com etc not the toolbar on your desktop, on vista when u press start and search something it shows everything related to what you searched, well imagine that but instead of searching files it searches websites using keywords chosen by the website.

So you have a server which stores all these keywords, when you go on google and search the keywords it looks into the server finds websites that relate to the word(s) and displays results, thats what the search engine is

Recursion
20-02-2009, 07:51 AM
There is a Vista search bar in Start Menu that is just Vista. I am assuming your PC manufacturer installed a load of Google crap, thats the search on your task bar I think in the bottom right hand corner? That is just google search, but on your desktop.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!