PDA

View Full Version : Radio Idea

AgnesIO
20-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Sorry guys, i know you are expecting a cunning plan on getting round the radio thing etc :D Sadly this idea is not about that..

--

However after looking on HFFM I saw they link to Radio 1 while they are working out what to do with this radio thing.

Anyway perhaps when a DJ is not in the next slot, the radio could play Radio 1? This would get people staying on habbox for longer times, abnd may also encourage people to join the forum!

Now I am not sure if this is possible but thoughts?

Cheers,

Dom

GoldenMerc
20-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Its possible, Alot of fansites are doing this atm :P
Although i think people listen to Habbo radios because the chance of winning habbo furni so eye

BeanEgg
20-02-2009, 04:46 PM
I agree, this is a good idea.

Perhaps like some sort of script that can do this automatically. When a DJ is off, it then enables that Radio 1 radio.

,Jess,
20-02-2009, 04:47 PM
The difference is the other sites haven't got DJs on at all and that's why they're streaming radio 1. The only hours hxl was down today were 5-7am I think. Also it would mean the player code would have to changed to radio 1 just at those times? Or it can probs be made to change to Radio 1 when the radio is off idk.

GoldenMerc
20-02-2009, 04:54 PM
The difference is the other sites haven't got DJs on at all and that's why they're streaming radio 1. The only hours hxl was down today were 5-7am I think. Also it would mean the player code would have to changed to radio 1 just at those times? Or it can probs be made to change to Radio 1 when the radio is off idk.
It would work the same way that the old code worked, When a DJ stopped streaming auto DJ kicked in if you remeber?

,Jess,
20-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Oright, I wasn't around when there was an auto DJ on HxL.

AgnesIO
20-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Its possible, Alot of fansites are doing this atm :P
Although i think people listen to Habbo radios because the chance of winning habbo furni so eye

Yeh, but i know older users may like it :D I cant stand the constant party room annoucnements :D

Auto DJ :D

Alkaz
20-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Do that and then use DJ Says for competitions :D

Sammeth.
20-02-2009, 05:19 PM
As Jess has said we aren't really down enough as we have enough real DJs to keep the radio going. Today we were down from 5am till 7am which isnt a huge gap, and we are already booked up till Saturday morning (obviously we have booked more into the future, however up to Saturday morning with no gaps). I just don't think we are down enough to warrant all this. Especially seeing as the listener numbers around the times we are down aren't exactly massive.

Jin
20-02-2009, 05:23 PM
I don't think we will be implementing this, if you look at our announcement about our radio we will be streaming as normal until we clarify with PPL our legal requirments.

luce
20-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Also is someone comes online who can DJ and auto DJ is on you have to wait for someone to come and switch it off. It's more hassle then it's worth :D

Angel-Light
20-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Also is someone comes online who can DJ and auto DJ is on you have to wait for someone to come and switch it off. It's more hassle then it's worth :D

As far as I can remember Auto DJ didn't work like that. Would be a bit useless if you had to activate Auto Dj cause the person who activated it could have just DJed :rolleyes:

Sameer!
20-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Yeah, I think we should get this issue with PPL out of the way now and then think about getting new ideas to the radio.....

Zak
20-02-2009, 07:07 PM
I still haven't listened to a habbo radio broadcast

ever!

nvrspk4
20-02-2009, 10:14 PM
The problem with auto dj is that it discourages DJs to DJ :P For example, instead of covering or trying to keep the radio up, they would just switch on auto DJ. It not being there gives DJs more motivation.

AgnesIO
21-02-2009, 09:58 AM
The problem with auto dj is that it discourages DJs to DJ :P For example, instead of covering or trying to keep the radio up, they would just switch on auto DJ. It not being there gives DJs more motivation.

I should be employed to motivate them..

'DJ or you're fired!' 'Get your ass on air'

:)

leah
21-02-2009, 10:38 AM

I think Jess has that covered ;)

AgnesIO
21-02-2009, 11:31 AM
I think Jess has that covered ;)

darn ;p

nvrspk4
22-02-2009, 07:26 AM

Trust me, they've tried it. I tried it even! And for the most part my threats worked but I couldn't be here all the time.

AgnesIO
22-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Trust me, they've tried it. I tried it even! And for the most part my threats worked but I couldn't be here all the time.

Hehe, that would be a fun job.

Having a go at other people - wait i already do that :D

Grig
24-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Another idea which will not work!!!

You need a UK IP ADRESS to listen to radio 1 online. I can't do it, nor can many other people internationally. Thus putting it on during non-peak hours or w/e will defeat the point! Therefore, that's where many people's brains don't click because that's the sad reality really...

AgnesIO
24-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Another idea which will not work!!!

You need a UK IP ADRESS to listen to radio 1 online. I can't do it, nor can many other people internationally. Thus putting it on during non-peak hours or w/e will defeat the point! Therefore, that's where many people's brains don't click because that's the sad reality really...

Very rude of you from habbox staff isn't it?

Im not a nerd, I don't need to know if someone from Hong Kong can listen to a UK radio, yes a UK Official Fansite, that sometimes goes to USA, but Hong Kong?

Why did you need to flame me for suggesting something?

Mayyte
24-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Very rude of you from habbox staff isn't it?

Im not a nerd, I don't need to know if someone from Hong Kong can listen to a UK radio, yes a UK Official Fansite, that sometimes goes to USA, but Hong Kong?

Why did you need to flame me for suggesting something?

He wasn't flaming you at all, he was just stating a fact. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions ect so please don't start an argument.

Also, this idea won't really work to be honest due to the fact that it would be too much hassle to set up ect.

Slowpoke
24-02-2009, 08:48 PM
Therefore, that's where many people's brains don't click because that's the sad reality really...

He wasn't flaming you at all, he was just stating a fact. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions ect so please don't start an argument.

Not really, what he said at the end was completely uncalled for.

Grig
25-02-2009, 03:19 AM
If you take anything in a literal sense you will know all it simply means is that people don't realize it-simple as that as people assume you can listen to radio 1 anywhere.

What was uncalled for was calling me in any way rude thanks.

Jordy
25-02-2009, 07:35 AM
Although Radio 1 is for UK License Fee payers only, if you began running it through Habbox it would then open it up to the rest of the world and that would be breaking one law or another in the UK (They hardly need to add to the list).

Grig
25-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Although Radio 1 is for UK License Fee payers only, if you began running it through Habbox it would then open it up to the rest of the world and that would be breaking one law or another in the UK (They hardly need to add to the list).

Nope mate. It can detect UK IPs and will only work WITH UK IPs, unless you have an IP proxy and all that gismo. So that's why I initially said it won't work internationally.

Immenseman
25-02-2009, 02:37 PM
If they want Radio 1, they'd just listen to it anyway, lol.

AgnesIO
25-02-2009, 03:36 PM
If they want Radio 1, they'd just listen to it anyway, lol.

I know, but it may keep people on habbox's site, as it saves opening two tabs!

P.S. There enough the idea won't work - but at the end of the day is was just an idea!

Closed - DAMN I cant closed now :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!