PDA

View Full Version : HabboFunFM Radio Back Next Week!

04Jack04
21-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Time goes by, so slowly.

So today we sent off the application for our licence to broadcast, it’s in the post! And this is the annoying bit, all we can do now is just wait and wait and wait. A lot of fansites are trying to find loop holes, but let’s face it – it’s the law and it won’t work.

We can’t wait to start broadcasting again; we miss you all so much! And we hope that you miss the radio as well.

We should be back soon, but whilst we aren’t here you can enjoy BBC Radio One!

Thanks to all of you for being so loyal, don’t forget we still have our daily events going and we still have our brilliant forum up!

Join the Fun – HabboFunFM!

Prooves it can actully be done?

no waiii
21-02-2009, 12:10 PM
They paid 200pound for 1-10listeners per hour?

there either gunna have to lowers there listeing limit or get loads more money

soz carnio fail xx

04Jack04
21-02-2009, 12:12 PM
They paid 200pound for 1-10listeners per hour?

there either gunna have to lowers there listeing limit or get loads more money

soz carnio fail xx

the liscnece is so you can play music nothing to do with the listeners. :S

no waiii
21-02-2009, 12:13 PM
no its is they price is different depending on how many listeners you get...........

Favourtism
21-02-2009, 12:42 PM
The 200.00 fee is for 10 listeners lol

no waiii
21-02-2009, 12:48 PM
thank you for conferming it lol

Favourtism
21-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Also, nvrspk4 confirmed it too ;) read his announcement

Immenseman
21-02-2009, 01:24 PM
lol carnio is kwl.

AgnesIO
21-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Carnio has spent £200 for nothing lmao.

why dont they keep playing like habbox?

They dont need to stop, they just need to wait for license.

Arron
21-02-2009, 02:02 PM
no its is they price is different depending on how many listeners you get...........

thank you for conferming it lol

Nice grammar.

04Jack04
21-02-2009, 02:11 PM
none of you no anything tbh with you the 200 quid aint for the listeners as Carnio rung PPL idc what nvrspeak said. CARNIO RUNG THEM AND HAS SEVERAL EMAILS PROOVING THIS

AgnesIO
21-02-2009, 02:14 PM
none of you no anything tbh with you the 200 quid aint for the listeners as Carnio rung PPL idc what nvrspeak said. CARNIO RUNG THEM AND HAS SEVERAL EMAILS PROOVING THIS

Temper..

--ss--
21-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Under the small webcaster licence which costs roughly £200 you are only allowed a total of 27,000 performances in a year which is 73 per day, most online radios are on for roughly lets say 10 hours a day, that means each dj will only be allowed to play 7 songs in the whole of their show.

I am still reading through the site but this is quite interesting to know:
Under the PPL Licence you cannot:
(c) No ‘shuffle’ function allowing random playback of music may be offered.
(d) In any given 3 hour period of Webcasting there shall be:
---(i) No more than 3 songs from a particular album
---(ii) No more than 2 songs from a particular album consecutively
---(iii) No more than 4 songs by one particular artist
---(iv) No more than 3 songs by one particular artist consecutively

Gutted for the djs who overplay the same music over and over again.

Also one thing I do not understand is why the PPL have the right to distibute these so called licences, they are not and official govenment organisation theyre just a company who were set up by a few label companies giving each other permission to stream their material, I doubt every single record label and artist has given permission to the PPL and is coverd by them so it could be that none of the music played is not covered at all by it and that if the record company wanted they can still press charges against you and sue you.

I say ignore the PPL till you get an email from the actual record companies, and even then you could just boycott songs from that particular company.

Also the cost of streaming one song to one listener is £0.000578 , no problem for small sites such as hffm, but for sites like habbox whom gets peaks off 300+ it will add up.

Edit: rofl according to the FAQs even copying a song to a portable device such a mp3 player, cd or hardrive will recquires a royalty fee even if you have legally purchased the material.

Another edit: The USA is not covered by the PPL so if American record companies wanted to sue you (lets face it UK companies never sue it's always the American ones) they still can even when under a PPL. It's quite pointless imo.

Ardemax
21-02-2009, 02:39 PM
These are completely stupid.

Why should PPL have the right to charge sites for playing music?

Are they like the only host?

no waiii
21-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Nice grammar.

what was the point in that hunnie xxx?

cause i always take the piss out of ya?

or has Habbo just taken over you?

Arron
21-02-2009, 03:32 PM

I'm just stating that you have good grammar :rolleyes:

9y
21-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Lol FAIL. Thought he was a hero, but acctually, no, hes wasted his money for his 10 listeners!

marriott0.01
21-02-2009, 04:14 PM
It's really weird because to be able to qualify for the Standard Broadcasting Licence which means you can have +27,000 performances, you have to have a revenue of £5000

AgnesIO
21-02-2009, 05:20 PM

*REMOVED*

Edited by MattGarner (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not insult forum members.

Immenseman
21-02-2009, 05:29 PM
I don't think Habbox should do anything until they get contacted directly.

no waiii
21-02-2009, 05:52 PM
You are a complete plank.

why are you insulting me i never did anything *REMOVED*

Edited by MattGarner (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not insult other forum members.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!