PDA

View Full Version : Just installed OS X :)

Dentafrice
21-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Well, after quite a while of "debating" it, I decided to install OS X on my system.

It took a few days to download the ISO, expected on such a lousy internet connection, and then I attempted to install it.

Had quite a few problems at first, but got them fixed thanks to a few kexts I found :)

Next I need to get my sound to work, yay.

Used iDeneb 10.5.5

All in all, I love it. It's so much smoother.

http://www.grabup.com/uploads/062abe019e5622097f619d514f7866e9.png

Kyle!
21-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Well done for switching to OS X. You'll love it! :)

Dentafrice
21-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Yeah I'm still working on getting my sound working ;P

Jaysun
21-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Well come to OS X =]. What specs did your computer have? I want to install this on my home PC.

Dentafrice
21-02-2009, 09:32 PM
4GB DDR2
320HDD
ATI Radeon HD 2600
Intel® Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6850 @

Robbie
21-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Well done. I just got my sound working today using the default Conexant kext (a)

So alls good except video drivers but idc cos I just force 1280x800 resolution anyway

Source
21-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Mine luuuuuvs to crash every now and then, I thinks its down to the sound drivers as it normally happens with spotify running :P

Dentafrice
21-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Well done. I just got my sound working today using the default Conexant kext (a)

So alls good except video drivers but idc cos I just force 1280x800 resolution anyway

I've got an integrated sound card on a Dell mobo, and Dell only tells me it is a Sigmatel 92XX C-Major HD card, don't know which 92 is running..

So I'm having to download a Linux Live CD, boot into there, make a dump of the Sound Card codec, then patch AppleHDA with my codec. Hopefully it works.

Mine luuuuuvs to crash every now and then, I thinks its down to the sound drivers as it normally happens with spotify running :P

:D Mine hasn't crashed yet, been using it all day.

I have to force it into 1280x1024 mode though, and always have to boot it into Safe Boot, but that's okay.. it works.

(1280x1024 Kernel Flag - "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32@60" works)

Source
21-02-2009, 09:58 PM
I just did some updates that worked perfectly thanks to my pc supporting vanilla ^_^ hoping that a few issues I had will be fixed with those updates (mainly software).

if( $mingle != 'msn' ) $mingle->msnSignIn( 'now' );

kthx ;)

shizzle
21-02-2009, 10:03 PM
I might install it, if someone persuades me.

James!
21-02-2009, 10:09 PM
I'd prefer Windows Vista if that's what my computer supports. :|

Welcome anyways.

Xarea
21-02-2009, 10:28 PM
I just sort of, you know, actually bought a Mac, but welcome.

Source
21-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Typical snotty habbo DJ response.

Not everyone has their daddy's buy them a macintosh.

Recursion
21-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Denta, if your audio doesn't work I have the Sigmatel 9200 audio too, its AD1988B drivers you want.

By the way, I recommend OSX86 Tools :], Google it.

People against this, maybe its because we can't afford a Mac after spending £800 on a GAMING PC. Some of us may be buying a Mac soon anyways, think of it as a trial, also we are learning from it =)

newWORLDorder
21-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Not everyone has their daddy's buy them a macintosh.

Some people, like myself save up and get one. Not troll like yourself.

I dont mind people OSx86ing anymore, Apple make enough from people buying their products, so a couple of hackintoshs is not going to damage them.

Source
21-02-2009, 11:25 PM
Its not trolling? I was responding to 1 particular person and not the community.

Dentafrice
21-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Lawl, http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=483742&highlight=osx86

Seems you wanted it.

wsg14
21-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Hey Caleb, mind sending me the URL to the torrent on MSN?

Recursion
21-02-2009, 11:41 PM
I can't believe people torrent this! :P

Barmi
21-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Its not trolling? I was responding to 1 particular person and not the community.
You pluralised "daddy"... or more like mutilated the English language so as to completely skew all rational interpretation of what you intended to mean.

Either your English is horrendous and you can't articulate what you mean correctly, or you are in fact trolling. For the record, I bought my own.

Recursion
21-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Ahh **** GSOD, Kernel Panicky thingy

Source
22-02-2009, 12:12 AM
You pluralised "daddy"... or more like mutilated the English language so as to completely skew all rational interpretation of what you intended to mean.

Either your English is horrendous and you can't articulate what you mean correctly, or you are in fact trolling. For the record, I bought my own.

It was an innocent mistake, and considering that is completly off-topic surely that counts as trolling alot more than the original post. People seem to be "stupid" enough to actually think I was implying every mac owner gets their daddy to buy them a mac... when I wasn't. I was replying to someone who was clearly been a `snob` and wanting an arguement because he felt caleb should have got a mac rather than doing a hackintosh installation.

I myself will be getting a new mac very shortly, I am anything but a mac hater. Thanks for the post though Barmi.

Barmi
22-02-2009, 12:28 AM
It was an innocent mistake, and considering that is completly off-topic surely that counts as trolling alot more than the original post. People seem to be "stupid" enough to actually think I was implying every mac owner gets their daddy to buy them a mac... when I wasn't. I was replying to someone who was clearly been a `snob` and wanting an arguement because he felt caleb should have got a mac rather than doing a hackintosh installation.

I myself will be getting a new mac very shortly, I am anything but a mac hater. Thanks for the post though Barmi.
You're more than welcome.

And what you said wasn't off-topic? I believe Ollie was only expressing his dissatisfaction at the means, which other people in the thread have addressed for/against in a valid fashion. I don't think he was opening himself for accusation at that point.

Just a quick lesson: if you're not sure how you are going to be construed given your construction and use of punctation, check it before you submit. Otherwise such ambiguous comments provoke responses from people like me. I don't like to play Devil's advocate, but if you had left it as singular I would have stayed quiet.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. It's nice that even more people can enjoy such a wonderful operating system, even if (like a lot of the content owned by users of Habboxforum) it isn't legit. As someone has said, it encourages some to move to Mac in the future... which is cool!

wsg14
22-02-2009, 12:32 AM
os8x6 or whatever says to find the version fit for your hardware, how do I know which one is right for mine? I can't find a list of the different versions for different type of hardware configurations.

Source
22-02-2009, 12:48 AM
Just a quick lesson: if you're not sure how you are going to be construed given your construction and use of punctation, check it before you submit. Otherwise such ambiguous comments provoke responses from people like me. I don't like to play Devil's advocate, but if you had left it as singular I would have stayed quiet.

It's very worrying to find people who think forums are english grammar tests. This is a forum, a place for people to generally discuss topic without having to worry about the professionalism of their posts. If I was send an email on a professional basis then I would have checked my punctuation/grammar... but no it's just a forum.

Barmi
22-02-2009, 12:54 AM
To the people who run Mac OS on a PC: does the benefit of the OS use outweigh any instabilities?

It's very worrying to find people who think forums are english grammar tests. This is a forum, a place for people to generally discuss topic without having to worry about the professionalism of their posts. If I was send an email on a professional basis then I would have checked my punctuation/grammar... but no it's just a forum.
No, forums are an arena to express your views and stimulate debate. Perfect spelling, grammar and punctuation are not necessary as long as your post is clear. Yours was ambiguous, due to bad punctuation/pluralisation (not sure what you intended there!), to the point where your true meaning was unclear and some interpretations verged on insulting groups of people – i.e. those who bought their own computers.

Kyle!
22-02-2009, 01:37 AM
Come on guys, give it a rest...

Agnostic Bear
22-02-2009, 01:45 AM
To the people who run Mac OS on a PC: does the benefit of the OS use outweigh any instabilities?

Depends entirely on what you're wanting to do, it'll do things better in some areas and worse in others. If you run the right hardware you don't get instability, no Windows, Linux or OS X installation on my pc has ever crashed unless I myself forced it to.

If you're using an AMD processor, no it's not worth it, if it's Intel, go right ahead if it's Core2, it'll run just peachy with the right mobo and stock kernel.

Jamesy
22-02-2009, 02:21 AM
it all depends on the initial setup. Pick the right packages and you have very few problems.

newWORLDorder
22-02-2009, 02:47 AM
@Caleb

Yes, I was going to install it, and? Back when I first got my Mac (March08), I did think it was a bit of a tight arse way out.. but now I see its not that and its understandable, although the whole 'cost' thing is a cop out imo. I was going to install it on a old laptop, I dont see what was wrong with me planning on doing that?

Nick.
22-02-2009, 11:22 AM
I just sort of, you know, actually bought a Mac, but welcome.
That was a very snotty thing to say, you know just as much as myself and most other Mac users do that Macs aren't cheap and are just not everybody's thing due to the over-priced hardware within. The only reason I buy Mac's is the design.

Well come to OS X =]. What specs did your computer have? I want to install this on my home PC.
I think you mean Welcome ;)

It's so nice to see everyone finally seeing how great OS X is. :)

Recursion
22-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Ehhhh you cant remove the battery or anything in the Alu MacBooks?! That just put me off :(

Barmi
22-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Ehhhh you cant remove the battery or anything in the Alu MacBooks?! That just put me off :(

You can remove the battery. Apple sell new ones (for a hefty price of £97).

Dentafrice
22-02-2009, 01:39 PM
@Caleb

Yes, I was going to install it, and? Back when I first got my Mac (March08), I did think it was a bit of a tight arse way out.. but now I see its not that and its understandable, although the whole 'cost' thing is a cop out imo. I was going to install it on a old laptop, I dont see what was wrong with me planning on doing that?

What are you on about?

Recursion
22-02-2009, 02:04 PM
You can remove the battery. Apple sell new ones (for a hefty price of £97).

Can you change out the HDD?

If I can change the battery, HDD and RAM then im back to my original idea of getting an Alu one.

Barmi
22-02-2009, 02:48 PM

If I can change the battery, HDD and RAM then im back to my original idea of getting an Alu one.

The battery and RAM are user serviceable, but the HDD isn't.

Rarelime
22-02-2009, 05:11 PM

Found videos on youtube showing how to change HDD and RAM in the alu macbooks.

RAM - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rZGs8mTFSQ
HDD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=613Th34BBhg

Barmi
22-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Found videos on youtube showing how to change HDD and RAM in the alu macbooks.

RAM - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rZGs8mTFSQ
HDD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=613Th34BBhg

Ahh... my mistake. I wasn't aware the difference between old and new MacBooks was as much as that. It's handy that the HDD is now easily serviceable.

Recursion
22-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Wahey! Thank you +REP :D

EDIT: Repped Rarelime and Barmi.

Dentafrice
22-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Wahey! Thank you +REP :D

EDIT: Repped Rarelime and Barmi.
Well I've halfway got my sound working, every reboot I have to patch my AppleHDA again :\ ugr.

Recursion
22-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Have you tried the Taruga_AD1988b_rev4_Installer?

I've uploaded it here (http://*****.co.uk/Taruga_AD1988b_rev4_Installer.zip) for you if you want to try it.

Dentafrice
22-02-2009, 07:04 PM
What do you do, just run it?

Recursion
22-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Yep, just run it (for some reason it runs behind an active window if there is one? O_o), its worked 100% perfectly for me :)

Nick.
22-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Yeah, there's is just a latch to lift to change the HD and battery, you have to unscrew 4 screws to change the RAM. Not bad.

Xarea
22-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Lawl, http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=483742&highlight=osx86

Seems you wanted it.

Yep, then I bought an iMac.

Dentafrice
22-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Congratulations. There's no need for you to be a smartass then, like your post above.

Nick.
22-02-2009, 10:19 PM
I know what you should do next, leave, right now... go on, go...

Dentafrice
22-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Spotify working in the USA :) yay.

PriceTags
27-02-2009, 12:13 AM

I just sort of, you know, actually bought a Mac without downloading an (possibly, I don't know, never tried it) inferior version of the OS first.

Dentafrice
27-02-2009, 02:16 AM
I just sort of, you know, actually bought a Mac without downloading an (possibly, I don't know, never tried it) inferior version of the OS first.
And some of us might not have the money, like you, to just go out and buy anything we want, anytime we please.

HotelUser
27-02-2009, 02:51 AM
And some of us might not have the money, like you, to just go out and buy anything we want, anytime we please.

It's not my business what other people choose to illegally download, I didn't use a hackintosh on my old setup because of incompatibility. But not everyone who wants a Mac just walks out and buys it. Some people save their money for weeks or months before hand;).

Mickster
27-02-2009, 07:58 AM
I tried burning the ISO to a disc but it wouldn't boot afterwards, so i guess I'm stuck with vista :)

Barmi
27-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Planning and saving. Working off your own back, not spending a lot, and planning when you are going to buy... they all kinda work well together.

Different people have different priorities. There's only so far money can stretch, anyone else's business is their own.

Dentafrice
27-02-2009, 12:29 PM
It's not my business what other people choose to illegally download, I didn't use a hackintosh on my old setup because of incompatibility. But not everyone who wants a Mac just walks out and buys it. Some people save their money for weeks or months before hand;).

Planning and saving. Working off your own back, not spending a lot, and planning when you are going to buy... they all kinda work well together.

Different people have different priorities. There's only so far money can stretch, anyone else's business is their own.

Which is what I'm doing, I work a full time job, after expenses are paid.. I'm left with enough free money to do a few things, and go out a few nights. Some of my paycheck is put into savings for things like a Mac, so yes.. it is planning and saving.

I'm not going to switch out needed items and bills to buy a Mac, I have to make do with the money I'm making.

If my system supports it now, why not install it? It will just get me prepared on using the system, and will determine whether or not I really like it.. like a test drive.. before I spend that kind of money.

Berch
27-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Did anyone get past the 'Waiting for boot device' when trying to boot from the CD and manage to get past it?

I installed on laptop and was kinda cool and wanted to put it on my PC cause it of course had higher specs than my laptop and was just easier to use on a PC rather than laptop seen as I always use my PC...

But I've tried Kalyway, iATKOs, iDeneb and with Kalyway I just get 'Waiting for boot device' when the CD boots and iDeneb and iATKOS I get a little icon with a cricle and line through it like a no smoking sign and doesn't do anything.

Anyone find/know a solution?

VistaBoy
27-02-2009, 12:55 PM
REMOVED

Barmi
27-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Which is what I'm doing, I work a full time job, after expenses are paid.. I'm left with enough free money to do a few things, and go out a few nights. Some of my paycheck is put into savings for things like a Mac, so yes.. it is planning and saving.

I'm not going to switch out needed items and bills to buy a Mac, I have to make do with the money I'm making.

If my system supports it now, why not install it? It will just get me prepared on using the system, and will determine whether or not I really like it.. like a test drive.. before I spend that kind of money.
+ points for planning and saving.

My main point of contention is the use of stolen software for this 'test drive'. Apple allows anyone 'test drive' their OS on any of their in-store Macs. If you bought the software and then fiddled to get it on a PC (breach of the EULA or not, it's still a more preferable moral standing), I would not be so critical.

It just frustrates me when people resort to illegally downloading software. Take iWork '09 for example: as a student it costs a mere £35. Likewise, you can get some ridiculous prices on Microsoft Office (http://www.software4students.co.uk).

@VistaBoy: Putting to one side the issue of installing the OS on a PC, can you honestly say you will be installing a legitimate copy of the OS? I hardly think any of the 'Hackintosh' users (whether they proceeded to buy a Mac or not) have paid money to Apple to cover their 'test-drive'. And no, I will not get off my high horse.

James!
27-02-2009, 12:58 PM
I just took like 600 quid from savings and assured I'd put it back in there, sold my Xbox Elite with games for 300 and then sold my computer for 300, then lent 200 off my dad, paid him back.

Then I bought a MacBook :P

Sameer!
27-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Meh, I hate Macs. D:

Kyle!
27-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Meh, I hate Macs. D:

-Rep, not related to the topic at all, and your just not being nice.

Dentafrice
28-02-2009, 02:03 AM
+ points for planning and saving.

My main point of contention is the use of stolen software for this 'test drive'. Apple allows anyone 'test drive' their OS on any of their in-store Macs. If you bought the software and then fiddled to get it on a PC (breach of the EULA or not, it's still a more preferable moral standing), I would not be so critical.

It just frustrates me when people resort to illegally downloading software. Take iWork '09 for example: as a student it costs a mere £35. Likewise, you can get some ridiculous prices on Microsoft Office (http://www.software4students.co.uk).

@VistaBoy: Putting to one side the issue of installing the OS on a PC, can you honestly say you will be installing a legitimate copy of the OS? I hardly think any of the 'Hackintosh' users (whether they proceeded to buy a Mac or not) have paid money to Apple to cover their 'test-drive'. And no, I will not get off my high horse.

I just want to take a minute here now and just laugh out loud at you..

I hate that you don't condemn using stolen software.. you know, I agree with you, so tomorrow I'm going to stand in the Apple store from opening until closing using a demo Mac, because that's what they are there for right? I can really experience OS X in the 10 minutes I'm trying it out..

I don't care whether you like it or not really, neither do the rest of the hackint0sh users on this forum, and elsewhere..

We have reasons for doing it, and whether you like it or not doesn't make us loose sleep at night.

Barmi
28-02-2009, 02:41 AM
Great... now I can laugh at you. Were you drunk when you wrote that?

I hate that you don't condemn using stolen software.. you know, I agree with you, so tomorrow I'm going to stand in the Apple store from opening until closing using a demo Mac, because that's what they are there for right? I can really experience OS X in the 10 minutes I'm trying it out..
Seriously, were you drunk? I do condemn the use of stolen software; I made an additional point that you did not mitigate your actions in any way by payment following this supposed 'test drive'. This additional point was not to deviate from the fact that I abhor theft. There is no excuse for it.

I don't understand why you would only be using the Mac for 10 minutes when you're planning to stay in the store all day (which is, quite frankly, ridiculous). The software is not provided for you to steal and use on unsupported machines as a test drive.

I don't care whether you like it or not really, neither do the rest of the hackint0sh users on this forum, and elsewhere..
Well it's evident you don't give a damn. As far as I was aware, that feeling of self-importance doesn't impliedly exclude my right of reply... does it?

We have reasons for doing it, and whether you like it or not doesn't make us loose sleep at night.
I would be worried if you did lose sleep at night. I'm sure you do have special reasons. Wanting something you otherwise couldn't have is usually at the root of it. But yes, special reasons... :eusa_eh:

Dentafrice
28-02-2009, 02:52 AM
Great... now I can laugh at you. Were you drunk when you wrote that?

Awesome! You attempted to think logically. No, I was not drunk. Considering that part of my reply has nothing to do with it.

Seriously, were you drunk? I do condemn the use of stolen software; I made an additional point that you did not mitigate your actions in any way by payment following this supposed 'test drive'. This additional point was not to deviate from the fact that I abhor theft. There is no excuse for it.

I don't understand why you would only be using the Mac for 10 minutes when you're planning to stay in the store all day (which is, quite frankly, ridiculous). The software is not provided for you to steal and use on unsupported machines as a test drive.

Well it's evident you don't give a damn. As far as I was aware, that feeling of self-importance doesn't impliedly exclude my right of reply... does it?

I would be worried if you did lose sleep at night. I'm sure you do have special reasons. Wanting something you otherwise couldn't have is usually at the root of it. But yes, special reasons... :eusa_eh:

Yeah, I believe you're quite stupid.

You tell me that Apple provides a way for us to "test drive" OS X before buying it, in Apple stores.

Okay, I have a few applications and things I would like to try, along with iPhoto for my pictures, and things like that.

I can't do that in the store, I can't tell if it's worth it or not by using it for 10 minutes in the store, I can't really experience a Mac before I spend a hefty amount of money by doing it in a store, in public.

I'm not going to go on anymore, because I think it's quite funny. I don't care whether or not you like me using it or not, I'm still going to.. and to be honest, you're not going to change that.

I don't care if you pirate or not, 95% of this forum do and or have, if not more.

Cry all you want, and call it theft all you want, doesn't really change a thing, just makes you look rather silly.

Barmi
28-02-2009, 03:06 AM
Awesome! You attempted to think logically. No, I was not drunk. Considering that part of my reply has nothing to do with it.

Yeah, I believe you're quite stupid.

You tell me that Apple provides a way for us to "test drive" OS X before buying it, in Apple stores.

Okay, I have a few applications and things I would like to try, along with iPhoto for my pictures, and things like that.

I can't do that in the store, I can't tell if it's worth it or not by using it for 10 minutes in the store, I can't really experience a Mac before I spend a hefty amount of money by doing it in a store, in public.

I'm not going to go on anymore, because I think it's quite funny. I don't care whether or not you like me using it or not, I'm still going to.. and to be honest, you're not going to change that.

I don't care if you pirate or not, 95% of this forum do and or have, if not more.

Cry all you want, and call it theft all you want, doesn't really change a thing, just makes you look rather silly.
It makes me look silly for having some morals?

Yes, I am telling you that Apple offer a fair test drive. If it's not adequate for you, then that's your problem, not Apple's. I'm sure they would be more than willing to talk to you if you had any questions.

And it is quite funny that you think you can't rely on a brief Mac experience when considering buying. Why? Because the vast majority of current Mac owners do rely on just a brief prior experience.

Like it or not, you can not legitimately call what you are doing a test drive. Microsoft provides a very similar way of playing with their OS: use a computer in a shop. And just to be clear, I would bite at anyone who stole a copy of Windows for their use if they shared a similar attitude to you. (And yet... other such users are far more 'under the radar' than yourself.)

And if you cared to read what I had already left for you in my previous post... your feeling of self-importance does not (as far as I was aware) impliedly exclude my right of reply. Whether or not what I say has any effect on you is irrelevant here.

VistaBoy
28-02-2009, 12:08 PM

I am going to comment on this in the point of that you have a point so i want to add to what you said. If you take a look at Australia there is only one apple store yes there is resellers but when you go to the resellers the people that work there no crap all about the Macs so you can not ask stuff so having a OSX86 has some good point to it. Also if you take in to account that the different currency's like a macbook in the US cost 1500$ in AU it cost 2500$

Blinger1
28-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Mate, thats so true!

Although, there was one opening in Chadstone in Victoria so, maybe thats two??

Lelouch
28-02-2009, 12:22 PM
I was told it was opening in Dandenong?
As said before, not everyone has resources to Apple's stores and facilities. The fact is, OSX86 is just easier. I bought a Mac for two reasons, for design and development and too credit apple for their work.

James!
28-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Dentafrice you can test drive your Mac for 2 weeks when you buy one, if you dont like you can send back and get your money back.

Source
28-02-2009, 01:17 PM
But you need to find the money in the first place... kind of an obsolete point in this case.

HotelUser
28-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Dentafrice you can test drive your Mac for 2 weeks when you buy one, if you dont like you can send back and get your money back.

+Rep, that's actually a very good point:P.

But you need to find the money in the first place... kind of an obsolete point in this case.

Someone who condemns illegal software would wait until they had the money to buy a real iMac, then buy it and if they didn't like it they would return it.

If, the overall scheme of the plan was to get a real Mac.

Dentafrice
28-02-2009, 02:43 PM

Yeah, well hand me the money and I'll test drive it and send it back.

+Rep, that's actually a very good point:P.

Someone who condemns illegal software would wait until they had the money to buy a real iMac, then buy it and if they didn't like it they would return it.

If, the overall scheme of the plan was to get a real Mac.

The problem here is that I don't "condemn" illegal software, I use it daily.

Plus, your plan requires the money, and I don't have the money.

Of course I am saving up a little extra at a time to buy it, but in the end I cannot just go out and purchase a Mac. I'm trying to get my credit really good before any big purchases.

So if I go and buy it now, I'm left with quite a bill that I cannot pay.

So I'm trying it out using this method, and it's working great, when I get the money, I'll buy a Mac, that simple. Until then, I'll continue to use this.

HotelUser
28-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Yeah, well hand me the money and I'll test drive it and send it back.

The problem here is that I don't "condemn" illegal software, I use it daily.

Plus, your plan requires the money, and I don't have the money.

Of course I am saving up a little extra at a time to buy it, but in the end I cannot just go out and purchase a Mac. I'm trying to get my credit really good before any big purchases.

So if I go and buy it now, I'm left with quite a bill that I cannot pay.

So I'm trying it out using this method, and it's working great, when I get the money, I'll buy a Mac, that simple. Until then, I'll continue to use this.

Well there's nothing to discuss then really. It's not like people are going to convince you to remove OSX if you don't care about pirating software:).

Blinger1
28-02-2009, 08:47 PM
I was told it was opening in Dandenong?
As said before, not everyone has resources to Apple's stores and facilities. The fact is, OSX86 is just easier. I bought a Mac for two reasons, for design and development and too credit apple for their work.
No, we have three now :O!
The first opened in Sydney, then there is one in Chatswood (??) and Chadstone. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!