PDA

View Full Version : Girls Aloud's 21st Single

Liz♥
23-02-2009, 02:40 AM
Ladies and gents, prepare to get excited for ‘UNTOUCHABLE’! Yes, as soon as the album was released, it became clear this was destined to become a fan favourite and now it’s going to be the girls’ third single from Out of Control and their 21st single ever!

Released on 27th April, the single will coincide with their upcoming tour!

The single was included in a poll on the official girls aloud forum where fans would vote for their favourite song, apparantly, they took notice of this fan made poll and it was decided that 'Untouchable' (Girls Aloud's first 6 minute+ song) would be their 21st single, which I voted for.

The song will be edited for the radios and video will be recorded after Cheryl & Kim finish their mountain climb for Comic Relief, it's been rumoured that the music video is to be fan made like Spears' break the ice.

A perfect candidate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0AwJ06s84U - If you're going to watch this, watch the whole thing!

This video is put together extremely well and made me realise what Girls Aloud has been through in the fast 6 years. :P.

Slowpoke
23-02-2009, 02:44 AM
Pretty good song, it should definitely go top 10. :)

Alkaz
23-02-2009, 02:47 AM
O wow, its really good! It's beaty but slow, a bit wierd but I really like it and they really do seem untouchable.

Thanks for the link! +REP.. when i can

Liz♥
23-02-2009, 02:55 AM
Some reviews already

"Untouchable" received generally favorable reviews from critics. The song was referred to as "fast, electronic and fantastic" with an immense build-up to the chorus by Popjustice. It was praised by NME, described as "post-Ibiza power-balladeering". "Untouchable" was hailed as "one of the classiest and most ambitious pop songs of the year."

I'm afraid this might get neglected like the loving kind. Despite TLK being the girls' 12th most successful single with 90k sales it charted at #10 (the lowest GA have ever had) and that was due to the lack of promotion before the single (they did some but like 2 months before the single) and if it wasn't for the physical sales it wouldn't of got 10 and if they're doing this right before the tour, how will they have the time to promote it? The little shows like GMTV, this morning make a difference lol. I might of just rambled on about something no one actuallly cares about haha

Jord
23-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Pretty good song, it should definitely go top 10. :)

agreed its amazing

TopManTim
23-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Some reviews already

I'm afraid this might get neglected like the loving kind. Despite TLK being the girls' 12th most successful single with 90k sales it charted at #10 (the lowest GA have ever had) and that was due to the lack of promotion before the single (they did some but like 2 months before the single) and if it wasn't for the physical sales it wouldn't of got 10 and if they're doing this right before the tour, how will they have the time to promote it? The little shows like GMTV, this morning make a difference lol. I might of just rambled on about something no one actuallly cares about haha

tbh TLK only got to #10 due to it's weeks of floating around the chart because of high downloads and then when it was released physically (#10 week) people already had it so it didn'thave strong one week sales it just had good sales scattered around its time in the top 40.

Juelz
23-02-2009, 04:57 PM
i like it, which is a first lol ;)

Liz♥
23-02-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm hoping for #1, it's got the qualities of a #1 and i'm not just saying that because i'm a GA fan. But this depends on who will be in the chart at that time, The Promise only stayed at #1 for a week because the following week a charity song came and then Leona Lewis and for TLK, just dance was released. If there's lots of big sales in the chart then GA might struggle to chart if their sales don't match up.

brandon
23-02-2009, 05:06 PM
I don't like it, which is a first lol ;)

Slowpoke
24-02-2009, 04:08 AM
tbh TLK only got to #10 due to it's weeks of floating around the chart because of high downloads and then when it was released physically (#10 week) people already had it so it didn'thave strong one week sales it just had good sales scattered around its time in the top 40.

Same happened to "Circus" although it's not a fantastic excuse. An example would be "Poker Face" which has been floating around for about two months in the top forty but is still climbing and could quite easily be number three come Sunday. It's all about hype and promotion really and "The Loving Kind" didn't have much at all (notice how Britney didn't do any promotion for "Circus" in the UK either and she suffered a similar fate).

Meg.
24-02-2009, 04:54 AM
As soon as I saw the title I knew Liz had posted this.

YAY UNTOUCHABLE!!!!!!111!!11!!11!1!!11!!!11!! ITS MY FAVORITE :D

TopManTim
24-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Same happened to "Circus" although it's not a fantastic excuse. An example would be "Poker Face" which has been floating around for about two months in the top forty but is still climbing and could quite easily be number three come Sunday. It's all about hype and promotion really and "The Loving Kind" didn't have much at all (notice how Britney didn't do any promotion for "Circus" in the UK either and she suffered a similar fate).

mm I guess, GaGa better start promo!

Slowpoke
24-02-2009, 04:08 PM
She's a fool if she doesn't do a bit of promotion for "Poker Face", it has a lot of potential.

Eamonn
24-02-2009, 04:59 PM
This song is amazzzzing, too amazing for a fanmade video :\

Meg.
24-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Fanmade videos can turn out very good, you know.

Slowpoke
24-02-2009, 07:55 PM
It's very different from anything else they've ever done in my opinion. :)

Liz♥
25-02-2009, 02:19 PM
It won't be a fan made video to be fair, it was just a rumour going around the forums and this sort of song does deserve a unique video but it wouldn't hurt to have those interview clips from the start, because it just emphasises that girls aloud are untouchable as they haven't changed one bit, cheesy it sounds but it gives a good effect on people. But then again, non-fans might interpret as them being stuck up, you never know... :P

stickwitu
25-02-2009, 03:41 PM
untouchable is one of the only good songs on the album, and the best thing they've ever recorded.

visa.
25-02-2009, 04:19 PM
untouchable is one of the only good songs on the album, and the best thing they've ever recorded.
ty for that ginger x

i love girls aloud, it's a brilliant single but i want miss you bow wow next.

stickwitu
25-02-2009, 06:10 PM
ty for that ginger x

thats okay boxhead x
http://sisu.typepad.com/sisu/spongebob.jpg

visa.
25-02-2009, 08:27 PM
mwah i'm glad ginger
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/06_01/ginger2NNP0106_468x320.jpg

stickwitu
25-02-2009, 09:18 PM
http://journalstar.com/content/articles/2007/10/30/living/402/doc47265fa44e5b0856793363.jpg

it's even got the bits under the eyes, must be you or a relative :O

Liz♥
25-02-2009, 10:57 PM
well this isn't off-topic :rolleyes:

They've put the song on the fascination website & some girl on the GA forums e-mailed fascination about promotion as they were worried because of what happened with TLK

Hi Samantha,

The promotional schedule for ‘Untouchable’ hasn’t yet been decided, but we certainly aim for Girls Aloud to do as many TV performances as possible, keeping in mind their hectic schedule right before the tour.

I know that many of the fans are worried that a radio edit would weaken the song, but I can assure you that we also LOVE the song is perfect in its current form, and will do everything we can to ensure an edit doesn’t lose this magic!

Best regards,

Adam Klein

Fascination Records Label Assistant

Is this a hint for a 6 minute song release instead of the edit?

visa.
26-02-2009, 02:10 AM
no, it's a hint they're going to edit it without "taking away the magic"

Meg.
26-02-2009, 04:52 AM
I really hope it's the 6 minute release... But I doubt that it will be. They're just trying to get the fans excited.

stickwitu
26-02-2009, 03:11 PM
they'll f it up and it'll be funny.
the whole era's been **** quality-wise.

visa.
26-02-2009, 03:25 PM
no, they're brilliant!

stickwitu
26-02-2009, 06:20 PM
no, they're really not.

visa.
27-02-2009, 02:28 AM
yes, they really are. go listen to your holly valence.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!