PDA

View Full Version : When a filling has came out,

ToxicPaddy
23-02-2009, 04:20 PM
does the dentist always take the remainder of the tooth out aswell? And if you leave it without a filling could it get infected?

scott
23-02-2009, 04:21 PM
i think well my dentist anyway just patches up the filling
idk though

Ashley 12344
23-02-2009, 09:28 PM
The dentist will replace the filling, I'm fairly sure of that.

And it won't go infected. It'll be a lot more vulnerable to plaque and all that lot, and will (possibly) hurt like hell if a nerve gets exposed.

Urnuph
23-02-2009, 09:28 PM
i think well my dentist anyway just patches up the filling
idk though

yeah iv had a few fillings come out and my dentist just redid them. he would only take the whole tooth out in extreme circumstances im guessing - and i don't think it can get infected as such, but maybe very sore if you get a ton of sweet stuff in it (especially on the nerve as ashley said above)

ToxicPaddy
23-02-2009, 10:09 PM
The nerve of the tooth was removed last time I saw the dentist about 6 months ago, so there's no chance it will hurt :) Thanks for your help

mangle
23-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Try and hammer it back in, it works.

Serioulsy though don't. But yeah im pretty sure they dont take the entire tooth out :)

Ashley 12344
23-02-2009, 10:42 PM
The nerve of the tooth was removed last time I saw the dentist about 6 months ago, so there's no chance it will hurt :) Thanks for your help

I wouldn't take that as an incentive to leave it. My dentist try and fit you in on an Emergency appointment where needed, I'd consider giving them a ring.

leah
24-02-2009, 12:35 PM
my filling has never came out lol
hmmm i'd say he just does a new one?

ToxicPaddy
24-02-2009, 04:18 PM
I will get a new filling, because of the risk of infection but would he have to use an injection and drill again because there is already a hole there?

Zak
25-02-2009, 09:31 AM
To start the filling they have to drill into your tooth to find the deepest part of decay so they can start filling it. If fillings fall out the dentist should be able just to do them again.

+ no it won't become infected

leah
26-02-2009, 12:54 PM
I will get a new filling, because of the risk of infection but would he have to use an injection and drill again because there is already a hole there?
Yeh he wouldn't need to use the drill and injection again

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!