PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Seats

PaintYourTarget
24-02-2009, 02:44 AM
As Geraint knows, I had a disastrous spell as a waiter in the Eon Hospitality Lounges at the Ricoh Arena. It was so weird looking at the ground and the match from a different perspective and quite annoying know I was probably more interesting in the game than half the people there.

Now somehow, I've got tickets for the West Stand and the Lounge I used to work in for the Coventry vs Blackburn cup replay, with the same smart dress code and what I'm thinking will be a great disinterest in the club.

Just asking now, what's your opinion on fans in the corporate seats? Devoted fans putting a lot of money into their club or just a souless waste of space for 'proper' fans?

luce
24-02-2009, 07:50 AM
My dad gets invited to the boxes at OT all the time because of his work and he sometimes goes for the free match but he does say that it's just people showing off what they can afford to do for 100 people or so. But one the other hand my Uncles brother has one at Wolves all season and they use it every week as proper fans. So I think it does depend on whos buying it. Becuase tycoons showing off is a waste of space, but loyal fans wanting one for family and friends can only be good. Although you miss on on atmosphere! :)

Twist
24-02-2009, 08:04 AM
As Geraint knows, I had a disastrous spell as a waiter in the Eon Hospitality Lounges at the Ricoh Arena. It was so weird looking at the ground and the match from a different perspective and quite annoying know I was probably more interesting in the game than half the people there.

Now somehow, I've got tickets for the West Stand and the Lounge I used to work in for the Coventry vs Blackburn cup replay, with the same smart dress code and what I'm thinking will be a great disinterest in the club.

Just asking now, what's your opinion on fans in the corporate seats? Devoted fans putting a lot of money into their club or just a souless waste of space for 'proper' fans?
Who do you actually support :S?

Geraint
24-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Prawn sandwich *****. Look at Wembley, all turn up for the big games. Get half the k**** in there, throwing stuff at us in the Cup final. Football's gone too corporate.

Implement
24-02-2009, 04:14 PM
My dad gets invited to the boxes at OT all the time because of his work and he sometimes goes for the free match but he does say that it's just people showing off what they can afford to do for 100 people or so. But one the other hand my Uncles brother has one at Wolves all season and they use it every week as proper fans. So I think it does depend on whos buying it. Becuase tycoons showing off is a waste of space, but loyal fans wanting one for family and friends can only be good. Although you miss on on atmosphere! :)

Your family supports Wolves yet you live so far away? :S

Captain
24-02-2009, 04:27 PM
My dad gets invited to the boxes at OT all the time

I believe you.

Bun
24-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Prawn sandwich *****. Look at Wembley, all turn up for the big games. Get half the k**** in there, throwing stuff at us in the Cup final. Football's gone too corporate.
agreed. i'd hate to have to go to a game in a shirt and tie anyway.

Geraint
24-02-2009, 04:38 PM
I believe you.

Just because she doesn't go, doesn't mean her father doesn't?

Twist
24-02-2009, 05:04 PM
You live in Guernsey and have a family of Wolves fans?

Geraint
24-02-2009, 05:06 PM
You live in Guernsey and have a family of Wolves fans?

Orginially from that area.

Minstrels
24-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Wigan away last season, didn't like it.

PaintYourTarget
24-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Who do you actually support :S?
I'm a Coventry fan, but my missus is a Villa fan so I end up catching up on most their games and results too.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!