PDA

View Full Version : Bad trampolining accident

ToxicPaddy
24-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Today first lesson we had PE, and we are now doing trampolining. I was on it, and we had to do different landing style things. I landed on my knees, and (don't ask how i really don't know) somehow my back went right backwards towards toe bottom of my legs. I heard a loud crack and its seriously painful. I can walk, and sit down, but thats pretty much it. OUCH!

Juelz
24-02-2009, 04:49 PM
owww that made me shiver :O

Jord
24-02-2009, 05:50 PM
do you have to go school sean? :P

Anvrew
24-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Ouch O_O

Charlie
24-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Sounds painful.

ToxicPaddy
24-02-2009, 07:37 PM
do you have to go school sean? :P

funny you said that, cause i just got back from parents evening and we spoke to my form tutor and she said my attendance is low and i have to go in pretty much every day from now on. so, if i was off tomorrow the day after she said that it wouldn't be good. so i think i might go in tomorrow :P

Slowpoke
24-02-2009, 07:41 PM
I've done that before too! I didn't actually know this but it's recommended that you never land on your knees on a trampoline. If you read the warning booklets it says something like: "Do not land on your knees. Doing so can result in serious injury or even death". It's quite scary too because it's pretty much all you ever do at a young age on a trampoline. Hope you're ok mate! :(

ToxicPaddy
24-02-2009, 07:46 PM
I've done that before too! I didn't actually know this but it's recommended that you never land on your knees on a trampoline. If you read the warning booklets it says something like: "Do not land on your knees. Doing so can result in serious injury or even death". It's quite scary too because it's pretty much all you ever do at a young age on a trampoline. Hope you're ok mate! :(

Oooohhh, sounds serious, especially the 'even death' part. I won't be doing that again!

leah
26-02-2009, 12:56 PM
I used to do trampolining properly and never injured myself but if you land incorrectly or at the wrong angle they can be very dangerous

Barmi
26-02-2009, 01:11 PM
I thought you don't do PE... :eusa_eh: :eusa_thin

leah
26-02-2009, 01:27 PM
I thought you don't do PE... :eusa_eh: :eusa_thin
who? ><

Yoshimitsui
26-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Where you trying to do a Knee drop but it went wrong! eek! Trampolines can be very unforgiving.

flatface
26-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Good luck with your recovery :)

ToxicPaddy
26-02-2009, 03:47 PM
I didn't do PE, and then I thought like, give it one more term see how it goes, because I can get a gcse out of this if i do try. It's a fairly easy gcse aswell. And I'll see how it goes this term :)

Yoshimitsui
26-02-2009, 04:36 PM
I didn't do PE, and then I thought like, give it one more term see how it goes, because I can get a gcse out of this if i do try. It's a fairly easy gcse aswell. And I'll see how it goes this term :)

It is really good one to use, just keep your confidence and try new things and you will do fine. I got an A* in it, and all the lessons where great fun.

Crimson
26-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Eww, that made me crindge. I was on a trampoline once, just bouncing.. as you do, and I landed on the outside of my foot and my foot twisted up and I sprained it! :(

Maybe if it doesn't get any better you should get your doctor just to check it out 'cause it could be very serious!

iAdam
26-02-2009, 08:32 PM

I do knee drops all the time, it's how i learn't how to flip, it's one of the easiest things to do and the first thing I learn't.

I do what you did on my own trampoline some times, just kinda walk it off though now, I think I'm used to it, keep trying it'll get better.

ToxicPaddy
26-02-2009, 09:44 PM
The awful yesterday morning, this morning it was mildish and now it only hurts if i bend down. So it is getting better, and I doubt anything is broken :)

iAdam
26-02-2009, 09:48 PM
It's unsual to get breaks from a trampoline, it only happens if you're being stupid or it's a freak accident. The pain will go off quickly but you might be slightly sore when you start jumping again, just take it slow.

Nick.
26-02-2009, 09:51 PM
I thought you never had to do P.E again? I thought you said you were so happy you just sat in a room every P.E with none of your friends?

ToxicPaddy
26-02-2009, 09:57 PM
I thought you never had to do P.E again? I thought you said you were so happy you just sat in a room every P.E with none of your friends?

If you read what I recently posted about it...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!