PDA

View Full Version : How long do you think Habbo as a whole would last for?

Clowgon
24-02-2009, 11:12 PM
I think it could possibly last for another 20 years but saying that again reports are saying each year Habbo's turnovers have decreased year by year.

Seeing as were in an economic downturn i don't think they will see any miraculous change to their revenues, seeing as most Habbo users get depend on the Parent's money to provide paying for HC, Credits ect. :P

Pyroka
24-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Quite a long time I think, virtual worlds will always be popular as it's a way of getting away from the hussle and bussle of real life. I think Habbo will eventually redesign and rethink their graphical concept, to breathe new life into the project (which is really an on-going one, nothings ever finished).

Barmi
25-02-2009, 12:13 AM
I think it could possibly last for another 20 years but saying that again reports are saying each year Habbo's turnovers have decreased year by year.

Seeing as were in an economic downturn i don't think they will see any miraculous change to their revenues, seeing as most Habbo users get depend on the Parent's money to provide paying for HC, Credits ect. :P
Can you provide any evidential citations to support that? If not, it would be wiser to not make wild guesses in the future. Habbo cannot have a lower turnover now than they did seven years ago... so please make it clear as to what exactly you are trying to say.

The internet is quickly evolving. When Habbo first launched, it was fairly revolutionary and quite unlike anything else at the time. It's hard to determine the life span left. I guess it depends on how quickly Habbo evolves to meet the progression of the rest of the web, and how successful any competitors are.

Kyle
25-02-2009, 12:13 AM
Quite a long time I think, virtual worlds will always be popular as it's a way of getting away from the hussle and bussle of real life. I think Habbo will eventually redesign and rethink their graphical concept, to breathe new life into the project (which is really an on-going one, nothings ever finished).
But the isometric "2.5d" graphics is what make habbo unique, changing this would lose them many customers and would make it seem like every other mmorpg or whatever they are called... lol :p

Clowgon
25-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Can you provide any evidential citations to support that? If not, it would be wiser to not make wild guesses in the future. Habbo cannot have a lower turnover now than they did seven years ago... so please make it clear as to what exactly you are trying to say.

The internet is quickly evolving. When Habbo first launched, it was fairly revolutionary and quite unlike anything else at the time. It's hard to determine the life span left. I guess it depends on how quickly Habbo evolves to meet the progression of the rest of the web, and how successful any competitors are.

Unfortunately i can't provide concrete evidence to back up what I've just said but I've read on a few official websites which relates to Habbo and they all seem to being saying yes, since Habbo was launched in 2001 they have seen gross profit but since 2005-6ish they seem to have not been making the money what they used to be making before that period.

Then again we can only say and guess if Habbo is making/losing money.

visa.
25-02-2009, 04:29 AM
habbo is wildly profitable. even accounting for everything it costs to run the website, they are making far more. especially since the '05-'06 date quoted as the beginning of habbo's financial difficulties, habbo has actually been making more money.

one of the major reasons the concept of discussion boards, groups and habbo homes was introduced was to increase page impressions under the habbo domain to subsequently increase advertising revenue. they make more than enough from the advertisements (i.e. banner) alone; people paying them for nothing (credits) is just a (monstrous) cherry on top.

Ardemax
25-02-2009, 06:46 AM
the economic downturn has not affected habbo's profits it would seem

and habbo should last as long as sulake are still interested

and i think there's been a thread on this

Immenseman
25-02-2009, 07:49 AM
A long time, I think. It's too vast to one day just be gone.

Louis-Fox
25-02-2009, 11:47 AM
I agree, i think it'll be around forever but if it is losing interest over the years i would like to see a Habbo Europe hotel as we see alot of Spanish and Germans around the UK hotel anyway not to mention all the americans which isn't a bad thing at all.

Accipiter
25-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Unfortunately i can't provide concrete evidence to back up what I've just said but I've read on a few official websites which relates to Habbo and they all seem to being saying yes, since Habbo was launched in 2001 they have seen gross profit but since 2005-6ish they seem to have not been making the money what they used to be making before that period.

Then again we can only say and guess if Habbo is making/losing money.

Im sure i read a thread last month saying that their profits had increased massively?

visa.
25-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Im sure i read a thread last month saying that their profits had increased massively?
as i've explained above

nicool
27-02-2009, 10:54 AM
i doubt habbo is losing money, because of the amount of people buying creds etc.

for example; the purple monolith was given out to people who had bought 1,000 credits. look how many people got it, lol..

but yeah it will probably last a long time because new people join like all the time and just keep playin like everyone else, building up furni, buying creds, collecting stuff, etc.

Immenseman
27-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Yeah, it's getting busier. I swear it had like a blip in 2007 when there were only like 6-8K people on at a time now it's back to like 10/11 at peak.

JACKTARD
27-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Well if Sulake decided to ditch habbo then surely someone would buy it out, its a huge business. Maybe it will become VirginHotel if richard branson buys it lol XD

visa.
27-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Well if Sulake decided to ditch habbo then surely someone would buy it out, its a huge business. Maybe it will become VirginHotel if richard branson buys it lol XD
ya totalie xD :p :P ^_^

Immenseman
27-02-2009, 06:04 PM
i will die before habbo

no waiii
27-02-2009, 10:33 PM
i will die before habbo

is that gunna be soon then, lol

e5
27-02-2009, 11:22 PM
it will prob go for another 5 or so years lol

flatface
28-02-2009, 12:11 AM
I think it will be around for alot longer

Kipp
28-02-2009, 12:43 AM
A long time i think.

luce
28-02-2009, 09:23 AM
i will die before habbo

You will die if habbo closes you mean!

Also i don't think it will close anytime soon like Immeseman said there only used to be 6k on now it's gone way back up again to an almost constant 10k :D

Oidz2
03-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Obviously I am going to prefer 2002 habbo - 2005. Cause I'm a man in the past but no way is Habbo loosing profits. The new furni coming out, we get 12,000 people on the hotel we use to get 9,000 back in the day.

If habbo will die, it'll die in a time when we are Cats and dogs
Extracted from Vanilla Sky.

ElliottThompson
05-03-2009, 10:46 AM
I wouldn't say that they are making less money, they are just making it in different ways. The amount of credits people buy is much less than what people bought a few years ago, mainly due to the exchange system, and a fully founded rare system where it is much easier to purchase furni from people than it is to buy credits (and you get more for your money, as credit prices seem ridiculous now in comparison to what you can buy for them). Habbo get most of their money from movie tie in's, television show tie in's and basically any other event or organization that is based around kids and wants to be known by a large amount of kids in a small amount of time. That is why 50% or more (I made up that statistic, but seems about right, sure you would agree) of the competitions on habbo are based around movies, televisions shows or w.e advertisement habbo are doing, and its also the cause of the quality of habbo's competitions lowering dramatically, as most competitions are not room designs with a new advertisement or furni range tacked on.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!