PDA

View Full Version : PAYPAL HELP [20+REP]

Clowgon
26-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Well basically my account got limited and i need to provide some information so my limitation on my account will be lifted.

So i phoned PayPal and i explained to them that i don't have a credit card statement and so they said ok then - Provide a debit card statement.

They also said they need a Photo ID - Which is Passport, Driving License, National Identity card so i worked my way around it and said that i was on Holiday and i lost my Passport with my National ID card so they said fax in your Birth Certificate and I'm on 15. Is there anyway to work around this like, changing the year i was born on my BC to the year i put on my PayPal account?

They have really got me cheesed off too, because i sold something on eBay and they straight away hold the funds to that.

Any advice would be really helpful.

BeanEgg
26-02-2009, 05:28 PM
I have the exact same issue, sadly as per their policies you cannot do anything unless you provide them with some sort of proof. :(

You can try with anything, in London they have an under 16's Oyster Card with a photo and name. (Try that if they do that in Birmingham)

Try a GP document or something.

N!ck
26-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Scan your birth certificate, edit the date of birth, print at the exact same size and then fax it?

Sunny.
26-02-2009, 05:33 PM
If they ask for id then all they need to verify is that its your name and ur address.

Crop the image and take out ur dob. If they ask say date of birth wasnt neccesary they shudnt ask anything

Jord
26-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Same happened to me lol I aint got around it

But im sure if you put your 20? On paypal or something and you really 15 I think you wont get the funds

Clowgon
26-02-2009, 05:51 PM
I have the exact same issue, sadly as per their policies you cannot do anything unless you provide them with some sort of proof. :(

You can try with anything, in London they have an under 16's Oyster Card with a photo and name. (Try that if they do that in Birmingham)

Try a GP document or something.

I don't think the Oyster card will work as it's different to the other one.

GP document, hmm that might work. Going to have to get a recent one.

Scan your birth certificate, edit the date of birth, print at the exact same size and then fax it?

That seems to be a very good idea, the thing is i don't have a scanner. :(

If they ask for id then all they need to verify is that its your name and ur address.

Crop the image and take out ur dob. If they ask say date of birth wasnt neccesary they shudnt ask anything

They've asked me to fax them my name and address with my card statement which they have accepted. Just ID and debit card statement i need.

Same happened to me lol I aint got around it

But im sure if you put your 20? On paypal or something and you really 15 I think you wont get the funds

I'm going to try everything i possible can. if i can't get the limitation lifted I'm just going to have to say I'm 15.

Clowgon
26-02-2009, 06:29 PM
I think I'll phone them up and be honest with them. They may have an heart and lift the limitation on my account.

Even though I'm underage the money in my account is mine so they are going to have to give my money back if they do decide to close my account.

no waiii
26-02-2009, 06:40 PM
I think I'll phone them up and be honest with them. They may have an heart and lift the limitation on my account.

Even though I'm underage the money in my account is mine so they are going to have to give my money back if they do decide to close my account.

Since when is there a 18year old age limit on paypal? i tought anyone could use it lol

Clowgon
26-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Since when is there a 18year old age limit on paypal? i tought anyone could use it lol

Nope, YOU HAVE TO BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO USE PAYPAL but obviously there is loop holes in their system which allows anyone under the age of 18 to register. (Well anyone who has a debit card)

Just talk to someone on eBay (Livehelp) i explained everything and the guy who i was talking to said i should contact Paypal and explain everything and they should allow me to still use my account if i have my Parent's permission to do so.

Jordulti
26-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Be honest.
I got money stolen , and they asked for my age, I said 14, and they understood.

flatface
26-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Tell the truth, forging documents won't get you anywhere in the long run. I hope they understand your situation :)

Clowgon
26-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Tell the truth, forging documents won't get you anywhere in the long run. I hope they understand your situation :)

Thanks. :)

I've told them and they have passed it on to the suitable departement.

So fingers cross eh. :)

Captain
26-02-2009, 11:58 PM
You won't get your money now. Paypal are all about the moneyyyyyyy

visa.
27-02-2009, 12:23 AM
weird, how does paypal find out to limit your account? i've used my verified paypal since i was 14 or 15 and i'm over 18 now ... never got limited.

brandon
27-02-2009, 12:28 AM
When it happened to me I was gonna say I had no idea and they should make it clear it is 18+, but then I resolved the issue but I don't wanna discuss how ;)

Kipp
27-02-2009, 12:30 AM
Thats weird, my account ain't limited, I've had it since 2006 and i'm only 15.

brandon
27-02-2009, 12:35 AM
Thats weird, my account ain't limited, I've had it since 2006 and i'm only 15.
Only gets limited if you spend too much/receive too much or suspicious transactions.

BlueEyedSarah
27-02-2009, 04:42 AM
I had the same issue and just could not lift the limit so for over a year it was like this. Recently I sold something on ebay and now my paypal is back to normal, it is so confusing :S I wouldn't fax my birth citificate or passport to them...asking for that kind of id sounds a little fishy to me.

Clowgon
27-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Yep i think I'll change my account to premium and or lift limit to 20K.

I'm just anxiously waiting for an email wondering if it's going to be good news.

Kyle!
27-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Yep i think I'll change my account to premium and or lift limit to 20K.

I'm just anxiously waiting for an email wondering if it's going to be good news.

Don't keep your hopes up. I don't think it was the right decision to tell the truth about your age, I think that will only hinder your situation. But we'll find out in due time I suppose.

Clowgon
27-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Don't keep your hopes up. I don't think it was the right decision to tell the truth about your age, I think that will only hinder your situation. But we'll find out in due time I suppose.

I just couldn't be bothered providing anymore information. The information what i provided, i thought was enough but they wanted more information and i just couldn't take it anymore.

I just want this over and done with. I mean why do you have to be 18 and over to use PayPal for a start anyway?

If they terminate my account, then fine but i want every single penny of what is rightfully mine.

Captain
27-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Well you agreed to the T&C before making an account so I think they can pretty much take all of your money. Quite harsh but that's what greedy companies like these do.

Clowgon
27-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Well you agreed to the T&C before making an account so I think they can pretty much take all of your money. Quite harsh but that's what greedy companies like these do.

Then if this was the case. I would not hesitate to take legal action.

flatface
27-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Then if this was the case. I would not hesitate to take legal action.

I don't think you will stand a chance, they probably cover this in there T&C (which you agreed to abide by).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!