PDA

View Full Version : Skullcandy Smokin' Buds, any good?

lolwut
26-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Hey all,
I've been a proud owner of some Skullcandy Lowrider headphones for a long time now. The only trouble is that my teachers are constantly sniping me with them and confiscating them, and I feel horrendously self-conscious walking around wearing them.
I heard from a mate about Smokin' Buds which are supposedly the same thing but in-ear and therefore a lot smaller and discrete, which means I can hide them under my school shirt and listen to music all day. The very next thing I did was go onto Play.com and buy a pair without (regretably) a second thought.

Are Smokin' Buds any good? I know my Lowrider's are absolutely amazing so I want opinions on these, please.

Pos. rep. to any good feedback on 'em.

Dentafrice
27-02-2009, 02:23 AM
I really didn't like them, they didn't fit in my ears really good.

The best I believe, in my opinion, is the Ink'd buds.

They fit right inside your ear, and you can hardly see them..

http://www.lowtek.ca/roo/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/sc_inkd.jpg

Agnostic Bear
27-02-2009, 05:03 AM
Don't buy skullcandy, they exist on reputation alone, for ear buds sennheiser are good, but don't buy anything else from them, they get that from reputation alone too.

Barmi
27-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Don't buy skullcandy, they exist on reputation alone, for ear buds sennheiser are good, but don't buy anything else from them, they get that from reputation alone too.
Quoted for truth.

I had some Skullcandy in-ear buds once and they:
- felt cheap and tacky;
- were not comfortable;
- did not distinguish between left or right;
- had poor sound quality.

I agree with JB. Get some Sennheiser or Bose earphones if you can get them. If not, I hope the Skullcandy ones are sufficient for you. :)

Pyroka
27-02-2009, 09:30 AM
I have Sennheiser headphones, they costed me 15 quid, in-ear ones and oh my god the sound is amazing in them. When i try to use iPod headphones, its like "Wheres ma bass gone". They play extreeeemely well. C300 I think my model headphones are.

Johno
27-02-2009, 03:56 PM
I really didn't like them, they didn't fit in my ears really good.

The best I believe, in my opinion, is the Ink'd buds.

They fit right inside your ear, and you can hardly see them..

http://www.lowtek.ca/roo/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/sc_inkd.jpg
I had the same ones.

My pair were quite good for sound quality and such, however I felt that they were quite cheap in just their manufacturing quality. Especially since they broke after the first month or two.

awelsh
27-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Get some Sony in-ear ones :) they are good quality. Agreed with everyone else with the skullcandy reputation thing though, I don't even think they look that good either.

The Professor
27-02-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm using those ink'd ones and they're fine, the little rubber bits felt horrible though so I'm using some from antohr pair of earphones :D

Dentafrice
28-02-2009, 01:59 AM
I had the same ones.

My pair were quite good for sound quality and such, however I felt that they were quite cheap in just their manufacturing quality. Especially since they broke after the first month or two.
I had a pair for about 2 1/2 years.. til I lost them ;P never broke.

lolwut
28-02-2009, 11:38 AM
I was gonna get Ink'd but the SB's where £15 and all I have in the account is £15 so I'll let you know how I get one when they ship.

Johno
28-02-2009, 05:16 PM
I had a pair for about 2 1/2 years.. til I lost them ;P never broke.
Mine were probably just a faulty pair :P

The Professor
28-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Earphones always have a tendancy to break no matter what brand they are, it's only really the £300 made of metal and bits of the moon that will definately last forever.

awelsh
28-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Earphones always have a tendancy to break no matter what brand they are, it's only really the £300 made of metal and bits of the moon that will definately last forever.

Yep, all of my earphones last 2months max. It goes right earphone stops first then a week later the left one does.

All different brands too.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!