PDA

View Full Version : BSOD

Jordy
26-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Hey, whenever I boot Vista I get past the MS Loading screen and then the BSOD. This happens in all Safe Modes and even when I've tried to repair with the Windows disk this has happened.

The error is very quick and mentions 'Cannot write to read-only memory'. BSOD have become more frequent since I got a new 8800 GTS and I possibly removed old drivers wrong which could be the cause.

I managed to get Ubuntu working fine so I doubt it's any RAM/Graphics Card problem or hardware problem, just drivers?

Can't get into Windows at all to correct this so I'm totally stumped (And bored as my Xbox 360 has also broke :P)

I'll pay a quid to the person who solves this on Paypal.

Recursion
26-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Reinstall Windows. Also, use Ubuntu to get at the Minidump file located at C:\Windows\Minidumps or something like that so you can find out what is causing it.

Stephen!
26-02-2009, 08:53 PM
"BSOD have become more frequent since I got a new 8800 GTS"

PSU issue maybe?

Berch
27-02-2009, 11:45 AM
I had this problem to a while ago but when I booted from vista disc it worked for me I went to 'Repair my pc' and clicked the first option and it done it's thing restarted and it worked but next day it done the same thing so this time I used the disc and went to a previous restore point which solved the problem.

But.. If it's ever since you got a new graphics card did you try going onto nvidia website and download the latest drivers for it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!