PDA

View Full Version : Reboots when "Shut Down" is selected in Vista

mb-group.net
28-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Hi,

I have a problem on my custom built (old!) AMD Sempron 3000 computer with 1.25GB ram. When I select Shut Down, it reboots? I have to hold down the button on the front of the machine for it to shut down.

I know it isn't software for a fact because I have re-formatted the computer.

What hardware could cause it? Are there any things I should take a look at?

Thanks!

(+REP - if possible - for anyone who helps)

Ashhizzle
28-02-2009, 10:51 PM
This may sound stupid, but are you sure its the shut down button?

I know on my laptop the (what i thought was shutdown button) Was infact restart...

Kyle!
28-02-2009, 10:56 PM

I know on my laptop the (what i thought was shutdown button) Was infact restart...

Yeah Vista's shutdown, restart, sleep menus are all ****** up. Make sure it's the right one your clicking.

mangle
28-02-2009, 11:01 PM
I have a similar problem, is it every time!?

Mine only happens when I shut the lid whilst its charging and then press shut down aha

Swearwolf
28-02-2009, 11:15 PM
it might be a long shut but i've had this issue before (not vista) but my power switch connection onto my motherboard was knocked over and making contact with my reset pins (i do a lot inside my pc now and again and only connect power switch so other pins are exposed) so it may be worth checking thats sitting in right

mb-group.net
01-03-2009, 09:04 AM
it might be a long shut but i've had this issue before (not vista) but my power switch connection onto my motherboard was knocked over and making contact with my reset pins (i do a lot inside my pc now and again and only connect power switch so other pins are exposed) so it may be worth checking thats sitting in right

I am going to check that now. Thanks!

I'm sure :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!