PDA

View Full Version : Computer surveillance ?

Shinigami
02-03-2009, 12:45 PM
I think my computer is being 'monitored' somehow. How can I find out if this is the case and if so, how can I remove it ?

VPSwow
02-03-2009, 01:02 PM
The most common way to monitor someones computer is through a 'rat' or remote administration rool whereby the person who is controlling it can moniter what you are doing and can often do other things like save your passwords ect. In this case most antiviruses would pick it up as a trojon.

Laggings
02-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Either through a Rat, as stated above, or keylogger.
Could also have a backdoor trojan, although I doubt that would be the case.
Get some anti-virus and scan your computer.
You can also use the free online scanners.

Shinigami
02-03-2009, 03:48 PM
avast picked up a trojan earlier which i selected to 'move to chest'. i believe i got the same one like a week ago where I also moved to chest. its called 'JS:Agent-CV [Trj]'. the location says C:\WINDOWS\TEMP

scottish
02-03-2009, 04:02 PM
how do you think your being monitored? :)

Shinigami
02-03-2009, 04:25 PM
i dont know, i think they can 'see' whats on my screen somehow? on msn they were able to tell me more than once something that they could know from what was on my screen, cant be coincidence right? and he and someone else also mentioned it

Laggings
02-03-2009, 05:07 PM
LOLOLOL MSN
Anyways, did ou happen to download a thing called 'Nudge Tool' sent by one of your 'friends'? If you did, remove it. It happens to be a backdoor trojan.

Anyways, that trojan is a downloader, which just means that it fills your computer with crap up to it's motherboard tbh.

And do you happen to have that convo of what exactly he said?

No matter, update and run a full virus scan. Delete whatever it finds. Run it again. If you don't find anything, your friends are just trying to be e-hard.

Shinigami
02-03-2009, 06:40 PM
ahaha im feeling reeeally paranoid. nope havent downloaded 'nudge tool'. ive just done a full system scan which detected a few other stuff like 'win32:ups [cryp]' and 'nutcracker family'. could any of these be it? or are they just other random **** my computers infected with ha.

Laggings
02-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Just random crap that is messing up your computer.
Do another scan, make sure everything is clear.

Then you should be good :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!