PDA

View Full Version : Mum's hitting the bottle again...

ToxicPaddy
02-03-2009, 01:36 PM
It's a problem that's been going on for years and I haven't got proper help for it yet. She always drinks when trouble occurs, like heres yesterday and today for example:

Yesterday she was drinking all day because of an argument with step dad. And he comes home last night from work and there's even more arguments. This morning, I got up late and was going to go into school at break. Then she drinks from like 10am, and with my 5 year old sister here and mum drunk, I had to stay home and look after her. If it wasn't for me, mum would be drunk and asleep (like she is now) with no one to look after my sister. How bad is that? She's 5, and she would be on her own for like 3 hours while mum was drunk and unable to do anything.

What about tomorrow? No doubt she'll drink then and my sister will be home again (teacher training days), do I stay home then to look after her? I really need to seek help for her drinking :(

Immenseman
02-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Well it's evident she sees alcohol as an answer to her problems as if to blank them out and pretend they don't happen. You're doing the right thing looking after your sister as she is too young to look after herself so well done for that but in the long run you can't let it hinder your progress in school. You need to talk to your mum in a sober state because the last thing you want is to contact the authorities and for them to deem her an unfit mother and call in social services or what not.

Titch
02-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Have you tried talking to her, or maby talk to your step dad, explain shes too drunk to look after your sister and you are having to stay home to look after her, if not, contact a close friend of hers or sisters or even mother or father and get them to talk to her, as soon as she remembers she needs to stop the drinking to look after your sister hopefully she will come round.

ToxicPaddy
02-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Have you tried talking to her, or maby talk to your step dad, explain shes too drunk to look after your sister and you are having to stay home to look after her, if not, contact a close friend of hers or sisters or even mother or father and get them to talk to her, as soon as she remembers she needs to stop the drinking to look after your sister hopefully she will come round.

Our nan (who is her mum) is really ill and cannot deal with all this hassle, she is under so much stress. She fell over earlier as she has much trouble with her back and she didn't want to call an ambulance, because she doesn't want a fuss. I feel so sorry for her in this. Our step dad works in Switzerland monday to friday so he can't do anything. She has been to an AA meeting but never went back and won't go because she refuses to admit she has a problem.

Titch
02-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Our nan (who is her mum) is really ill and cannot deal with all this hassle, she is under so much stress. She fell over earlier as she has much trouble with her back and she didn't want to call an ambulance, because she doesn't want a fuss. I feel so sorry for her in this. Our step dad works in Switzerland monday to friday so he can't do anything. She has been to an AA meeting but never went back and won't go because she refuses to admit she has a problem.

Maby try getting a friend talk to her, or video her and show her when shes sobar, maby they she will see that she has the problem.

Bun
02-03-2009, 03:45 PM
*REMOVED*

Edied by Yoshimitsui (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless comments.

Captain
02-03-2009, 08:03 PM
*REMOVED*

Edied by Yoshimitsui (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless comments.

Jackbee
02-03-2009, 08:09 PM
As long as she doesn't get rough it's not all bad.. :)

Technologic
03-03-2009, 05:18 PM
My mum was an alcoholic until I was 12, she went to rehab, she's cool now and is now at uni retraining to become a counsellor :D

leah
04-03-2009, 12:33 PM
aww :( try and explain to her that it hurts you when she drinks and she might put you first, if she has a really big alcohol problem then she may have to go to rehab.

Excellent2
04-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Do what I do with my mum. Lock her in the house, take her keys, take away the booze, take her purse. She can't do anything now can she? You need to talk to her in a sober state.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!