PDA

View Full Version : Graphic problems.

Describe
02-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Hey,

I've recently been having these annoying problem when playing games such as Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. When I'm inside the game busy doing something (usually on Multiplayer) the game crashed & windows tells me that "the reference blah blah blah." I then have to restart the gamed hope nothing happens further while I'm in the game. Tonight I discovered lines crossing my screen, it looked as if the graphics were stretched like a rubber band across the screen and usually that develops in a crash. I then most recently had the problem of lines crossing my screen when I'm not playing a game, control panel was turning black & white and text was going blurry everywhere. I don't honestly know what to do and I'm worried that one day it will just go blank (it has done before leaving me to buy a new monitor)

Here are my system specifications:

Graphic Card - nVidia 7600GT
Processor - AMD sempron(tm) Processor 3200+ 1.80GHz
Memory(RAM) - 1022mb
System - 32-bit operating system.

If you need any more information post what you need! Cheers.

Laggings
02-03-2009, 09:19 PM
"The Reference blah blah blah" might not be the same thing as the graphics.
The reference issue sounds like the game cannot 'reference' a file needed to continue.

Now the graphics might be a few things. 1, your card might be lose. 2, your driver might be old. 3, your card might be corrupted.

Try ajusting your graphics card. Try updating your graphics driver. Try buying a new card altogether.

Hope this helps!

Describe
02-03-2009, 09:32 PM
"The Reference blah blah blah" might not be the same thing as the graphics.
The reference issue sounds like the game cannot 'reference' a file needed to continue.

Now the graphics might be a few things. 1, your card might be lose. 2, your driver might be old. 3, your card might be corrupted.

Try ajusting your graphics card. Try updating your graphics driver. Try buying a new card altogether.

Hope this helps!

I might consider buying a new card. I thought the 7600GT was fair. It's far from being impresive but it's not the worst on the market! I bought it around a year ago. I've got a screenshot of the memory problem.

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/7034/memprob.png

Laggings
02-03-2009, 10:03 PM
That could be anything from a full temp folder, to not finding a file that the program needs, to having low memory on your computer. Or your graphics card might not be able to handle a game like that.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!