PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading My 24" iMac Memory

Lµke
03-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Im planning on upgrading my iMac's memory from 2GB to 4GB

Ordered the ram today from Crucial as my mate got his from there from his iMac.

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/listparts.aspx?model=iMac%202.8GHz%20Intel%20Core% 202%20Duo%20%2824-inch%20-%20800MHz%29%20MB325LL/A&pl=Apple&cat=RAM

Has anyone upgraded theres and any tips for me?

Kyle!
03-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Yeah, when un-screwing and it seems as if it isn't coming out anymore, even though it still feels firmly in, try to pry the metal bit away, it should just pop out.

Pull the tabs holding the RAM in quite hard, they need some force.

Push in the RAM as far in as possible, there will be no clicking noise to let you know they're seated properly.

Hope that helps! :D

Nick.
03-03-2009, 11:38 PM
When did you buy your iMac? If it was pre-June 08 then I found out today it's the wrong RAM and won't boot when both sticks are in your iMac. Need to get 667Mhz. Returning mine tomorrow.

Lµke
04-03-2009, 12:10 AM
Yeah, when un-screwing and it seems as if it isn't coming out anymore, even though it still feels firmly in, try to pry the metal bit away, it should just pop out.

Pull the tabs holding the RAM in quite hard, they need some force.

Push in the RAM as far in as possible, there will be no clicking noise to let you know they're seated properly.

Hope that helps! :D

Cheers for the tips + Rep if i can.

When did you buy your iMac? If it was pre-June 08 then I found out today it's the wrong RAM and won't boot when both sticks are in your iMac. Need to get 667Mhz. Returning mine tomorrow.

I bought it at the end of August 08 so would it be okay? Or will i have to return the ram?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!