PDA

View Full Version : Hooray for windows

marriott0.01
03-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Microsoft deserve a round of applause for keeping up BSOD in ever single graphical version!

Windows 7 bring the same agonizing reboot process and BSOD as all previous versions of windows. I'm now stuck here for what is going to be hours, waiting for windows to reinstall.

I live Microsofts consitency !!

Thread Closed by MattGarner (Forum Super Moderator): To prevent any further arguments.

Jamesy
03-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Microsoft deserve a round of applause for keeping up BSOD in ever single graphical version!

It's a Beta OS, quite honestly did you expect it to be a fully working product?

Windows 7 bring the same agonizing reboot process and BSOD as all previous versions of windows. I'm now stuck here for what is going to be hours, waiting for windows to reinstall.

Hours? 40 minutes for the install and 20 minutes more for drivers? If you don't backup then on your own head be it.

Oh, and because something doesn't work for you instantly makes the whole product line crap :rolleyes:

marriott0.01
03-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Everyone knows windows is crap :)

Mac is sooo much better.

DaveTaylor
03-03-2009, 06:10 PM

Mac is sooo much better.

i want to flame but i just cant be arsed, at all, tom take over.

Jamesy
03-03-2009, 06:12 PM

Mac is sooo much better.

I dual boot windows and osx. They both have their purposes, pros and cons. Justify your argument and I might actually bother giving a flying crap what you think.

DaveTaylor
03-03-2009, 06:13 PM
I dual boot windows and osx. They both have their purposes, pros and cons. Justify your argument and I might actually bother giving a flying crap what you think.

*bows to james* thank you.

marriott0.01
03-03-2009, 06:14 PM
I cba to justify my points, considering I am typing all my messages on the iPhone which means it is incredibly slow.

Recursion
03-03-2009, 06:15 PM

Mac is sooo much better.

Each one has their pros and cons and different people have different tastes.

I use Windows on my desktop because I wouldn't be able to play any games on Mac OS X.

Now get out.

DaveTaylor
03-03-2009, 06:15 PM
I cba to justify my points, considering I am typing all my messages on the iPhone which means it is incredibly slow.

It doesn't take that long, so try a different excuse, thank you :)

scottish
03-03-2009, 06:17 PM
So you have no point; so you pointlessly critisized an OS because it failed to work for one customer, grats.

iPhones/iPods sometimes have problems, i guess apple just sucks aswell eh?

Stephen!
03-03-2009, 06:49 PM
It's your hardware. There is nothing wrong with the OS

Wootzeh
03-03-2009, 06:52 PM
You need a phone with windows mobile. :rolleyes: :D

Agnostic Bear
03-03-2009, 06:52 PM
It's your hardware. There is nothing wrong with the OS

Bingo! Never had a Vista bluescreen with my current hardware.

HotelUser
03-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Bingo! Never had a Vista bluescreen with my current hardware.

I've owned several different Vista setups. BSODs were not frequent, but I still got them. Just something on the list of why I think Vista sucks I guess..

scottish
03-03-2009, 07:12 PM
I've had more BSOD's on xp than i have on vista david :P

HotelUser
03-03-2009, 07:22 PM
I've had more BSOD's on xp than i have on vista david :P

So have I.

I've used Vista for a year and five months.

I've used XP since 2001.

On average I'd say I've gotten more BSODs on Vista. Particularly with the Acer Aspire 9410 laptop. I have never got a BSOD on an XP ASUS EEE netbook before, and I've had EEE netbooks since 2007 Christmas.

Luke
03-03-2009, 07:31 PM
I've used Vista since Jan 08 now, and have only had 1 BSOD with my current spec, and that was due to my error, of trying to get the PS3 remote to work on pc lmao xD

And if windows is crap, because you had 1 BSOD
I could call mac crappest, since on my emac, osx got corrupt and i had to reinstall the whole thing.

As people have said, time after time and after time, Both Os's have good points, both have bad, but most of the time, it's not the Os's fault, it's yours.

HotelUser
03-03-2009, 07:44 PM
I've used Vista since Jan 08 now, and have only had 1 BSOD with my current spec, and that was due to my error, of trying to get the PS3 remote to work on pc lmao xD
Usually I got BSODs when I did a Windows Update, ran a supposedly Vista compatible application, updated drivers.

And if windows is crap, because you had 1 BSOD
I could call mac crappest, since on my emac, osx got corrupt and i had to reinstall the whole thing.
You mean OSX, not mac.

As people have said, time after time and after time, Both Os's have good points, both have bad,
There's more OSes than just two. I liked XP and most of its precessors. Vista was a train wreck.

I liked Ubuntu.

I'm using OSX now.

A lot of people assume OSX users just use OSX. Have you done this?

but most of the time, it's not the Os's fault, it's yours.
I blame Microsoft for their pathetic attempt at XP's successor:).

Recursion
07-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Actually, 99% of the time it's a bad driver*... NOT MADE BY MICROSOFT funilly enough... :rolleyes:

*Or bad hardware :rolleyes:

Agnostic Bear
07-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Actually, 99% of the time it's a bad driver*... NOT MADE BY MICROSOFT funilly enough... :rolleyes:

*Or bad hardware :rolleyes:

This post. It's usually hardware though, my MSI board was rock solid on XP, put it on Vista and it turned into a ****fest. My P5Q has never had a BSOD I haven't forced on purpose to debug something on any non-beta operating system.

Turbocom
08-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Hey man, come play GTA IV online with me.

oh wait nvm.

That's something a mac can't do, I would say right click but we all know they can NOW.

Neil
08-03-2009, 10:37 PM
You all watch too much dirty stuff! I've never had a BSOD on any computer I've ever owned.

marriott0.01
08-03-2009, 10:44 PM

oh wait nvm.

That's something a mac can't do, I would say right click but we all know they can NOW.
Macs can right click, it's the macbooks that can't *******!

Monopoly
08-03-2009, 10:47 PM

Mac is sooo much better.

both OSs have there ups and downs. :/

i'm a mac osx user and i'm so bored of seeing threads with you making and embarrassment out of everyone else who uses a mac marriot.
so shut it please?

Macs can right click, it's the macbooks that can't *******!

My MacBook right clicks...

marriott0.01
08-03-2009, 10:48 PM
both OSs have there ups and downs. :/

i'm a mac osx user and i'm so bored of seeing threads with you making and embarrassment out of everyone else who uses a mac marriot.
so shut it please?

*yawn* You bore me get out of my thread please!

Chippiewill
08-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Do you own the few hundred kb that this thread takes up? No! So its not your thread tyvm.

Usually its a hardware problem for BSOD, the annoying thing is though that microsoft hasnt bothered to chenge a little bit of code (I posted a tutorial I found a while ago) that changes it from blue to red. Then that would confuse people and also prevent the association of windows error to bsod....

marriott0.01
08-03-2009, 11:34 PM
I own the body of the forum manager, does that count?

GommeInc
09-03-2009, 12:31 AM
*yawn* You bore me get out of my thread please!
Bingo! Someone has lost an argument and has realised what a fool he is making himself look, by both sides of the argument.

All OS' have their pros and cons, same as all cars, foods, and so on.

marriott0.01
09-03-2009, 12:32 AM
Bingo! Someone has lost an argument and has realised what a fool he is making himself look, by both sides of the argument.

All OS' have their pros and cons, same as all cars, foods, and so on.
-poke I have respect for you, don't lose that respect.

HotelUser
09-03-2009, 01:00 AM
You all watch too much dirty stuff! I've never had a BSOD on any computer I've ever owned.

OSX gets kernel panics, but I must say it made me chuckle when I got a BSOD after opening up Add or remove programs. The only things I've installed on that Windows machine were Visual C++ 2008, Visual C# 2005 and Office 07.

oh wait nvm.

Hey man, lets go download hundreds of crap of TPB.

Oh wait nvm.

That's something a PC can't do without a bigger risk of contracting a virus. I would say indexed searching but we all know they can NOW (thank Apple for that;)).

But seriously, there's positives and negatives about both. A lot of Windows users flame OSX even though they've never used it. It's a typical case of, "but i bought this.....no MINE IS BETTER!"

Jordan was lieing again :O:O

marriott0.01
09-03-2009, 01:13 AM
OSX gets kernel panics, but I must say it made me chuckle when I got a BSOD after opening up Add or remove programs. The only things I've installed on that Windows machine were Visual C++ 2008, Visual C# 2005 and Office 07.

Hey man, lets go download hundreds of crap of TPB.

Oh wait nvm.

That's something a PC can't do without a bigger risk of contracting a virus. I would say indexed searching but we all know they can NOW (thank Apple for that;)).

But seriously, there's positives and negatives about both. A lot of Windows users flame OSX even though they've never used it. It's a typical case of, "but i bought this.....no MINE IS BETTER!"

Jordan was lieing again :O:O
David macbooks don't have a dedicated right click button, you have to click ctrl!

So why don't you leave your last comment out of it and get the **** out!

HotelUser
09-03-2009, 01:18 AM
David macbooks don't have a dedicated right click button, you have to click ctrl!

So why don't you leave your last comment out of it and get the **** out!

I would consider the two finger trackpad method right mouse clicking, actually :).

marriott0.01
09-03-2009, 01:20 AM
Well that's your suggestion, Apple's suggestion (you know the company that make the macbook), suggest the ctrl button.

HotelUser
09-03-2009, 01:47 AM
Well that's your suggestion, Apple's suggestion (you know the company that make the macbook), suggest the ctrl button.

Although I don't own a MacBook I believe two finger click is already built into MacBooks?

marriott0.01
09-03-2009, 06:56 AM
Although I don't own a MacBook I believe two finger click is already built into MacBooks?
I believe Apple more than u kfnx :D

Invent
09-03-2009, 07:13 AM
'Gotta say that I've had more OS X kernel panics than BSODs.

marriott0.01
09-03-2009, 07:16 AM
'Gotta say that I've had more OS X kernel panics than BSODs.
No you don't ;)
You don't have to say anything :D

Invent
09-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Actually, yes I did :).

Neil
09-03-2009, 11:16 AM

Apple make mouses with 2 buttons, so yea.. o.O

Barmi
09-03-2009, 12:06 PM
I believe Apple more than u kfnx :D
You get more annoying by the day. :eusa_eh: Stop being so pigheaded. I appreciate Apple as much as the next person, but appreciation does not need to develop into ridiculous fanboy-ism without knowing what you are talking about! Heck, you wouldn't be half as bad if you knew more about Apple's products. Clearly you're too pig-headed to compare, either objectively or being subjectively fair, any of Apple's products to those of their competition.

And for your information, the two-finger click is a very popular option for MacBook owners. Apple put it in there. Just because you haven't used it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's far quicker than using two hands. I prefer it to using a second button, in all honesty.

http://img.skitch.com/20090309-erein5chmtkeb6gs1tsxpbme6k.png

No you don't ;)
You don't have to say anything :D
Why can't he recall his experiences here? Get down from your high horse. I have received kernel panics and hardware failure myself. As a matter of fact my MacBook has had to go in for repair twice; and both times I have received an unsatisfactory repair process. Heck, I sometimes get the message telling me that I must restart (usually associated with kernel panic) when I shut down.

Despite the issues I have had, I still think my MacBook is a great piece of kit. Chances are I'll buy a new MacBook product next year... but based on the experiences I've had, the experiences others have had, and not based on blinded, childish opinions that you seem to try to impose upon others.

NB: I bite. And if you want to know who gave you that positive rep, it was me. I meant to give you negative, but clearly I failed on epic proportions.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!