PDA

View Full Version : Laptop not charging

mangle
04-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Title explains it.

It got down to 10% power, I plug it in and it just wont charge.

No idea why, anyone?

Laggings
04-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Wow. I just posted this exact answer in another thread :O

Make sure the power outlet is operational.

I had this problem before too.
2 Things:

1. The charger has a loose wire. If the charger has a light on it, make sure it is on.
2. If the charger is ok, you're imput connection for the charger to the motherboard may be 'broken', such as a hairline crack in the motherboard. In this case, you'll need to get a totally new motherboard.

Dell computer seem to have this problem more than other types. Try bending the plug where it connects to the computer. If it is a hairline crack in the motherboard, bending the plug will (hopfully) make a connection with the crack. This should charge your computer up, but you'll have to keep holding it in :x

Hope this helps, best of luck!

efq
04-03-2009, 04:47 PM
As laggings said above, I had this problem before and it was the connection of the input and I had to solder it again but then a few days later it broke and Toshiba took it and tryed to fix it but they did nothing and it didn't work.

I just bought another laptop but that isn't always an easy option for some people.

iBlueBox
04-03-2009, 05:09 PM
It's the lead what plugs in the charge box, as i just changed that lead to my sisters and its working now,

iUnknown
04-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Yes, that's very possible and probably most likely.

The charger that appears to be faulty, take the bit that you plug into your laptop and look down it. If some of the pins (or the single pin) inside it are slightly bent or not straight, that's the issue. Try and use a knife or something (when power of it is off) to fiddle with it to get it straight again.

Anvrew
04-03-2009, 05:14 PM
I have this problem too.
EVERY charger and batter that Dell send me just don't work.
Then my aunties does? :S

Laggings
04-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Dell just sucks bum. I'm glad it's just the charger and not the motherboard :O

mangle
04-03-2009, 05:47 PM
I kicked the little black box with my Dell charger and it worked :)

Thanks all!

Laggings
04-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Must have been a loose wire.
Hopfully it's.... 'Fixed' now <3

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!