PDA

View Full Version : Mobile help

GoldenMerc
05-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Yay,

finally allowed to upgrade / cancel my contract im looking for a £25 a month contract but i want a PDA phone really with a keyboard, I liked the G1 and the Blackberry storm which are both out of my price range :( Does anyone else have good recomendations I'd quite like one with a keyboard and hopefully wifi :D
Ross

The Professor
05-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Wow someone who actually wants the storm? I'm impressed and surprised at the same time.

But as for your question, I have no idea :D Phones with keyboards don't seem all that common in the UK, I hardly see any. Maybe you should wait for the palm pre, that looks amazing.

GoldenMerc
05-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Need phone urgently, tmobile cancelled my contract cos my dad had a huge row with someone on the phone LOL.

The Professor
05-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Is the keyboard absolutely essential? Could you not live with an onscreen one or a keypad?

GoldenMerc
05-03-2009, 09:21 PM
nowayyy wot a rip
u have to have the full fing
its like having a girl with no boobs, why date a girl :S
I liked this fone
http://www.ppczone.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/02/xda-exec-i1.jpg
NO LONGER MADE, wot a rip

marriott0.01
05-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Just get a different O2 XDA init!

Although the Palm Pre is AMAZZZZZZZZING, and the Toshiba TG01 is gonna be amazzzing, and Nokia N97 *speechless*

GoldenMerc
05-03-2009, 09:45 PM
the new XDA's are crap.

marriott0.01
05-03-2009, 09:47 PM
What about a HTC device, like the HTC Diamond?

GoldenMerc
05-03-2009, 10:16 PM
http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/handset/htc_touch_hd/detail/pay_monthly
I likeeeee
but out of stock lul
Im really wanting one with a keyboard and wifi and just kl

marriott0.01
05-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Get the HTC Touch Pro it has a keyboard, and the newest XDA is hot tbh.

GoldenMerc
05-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Is HTC Touch Pro a good phone? cos i can get that tomorrow before college :P

marriott0.01
05-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Yes it is, it's a HTC so obv it has to be!!!

But it's quite old considering that in a few months there will be the touchpro2 :)

Still a really good phone!

GoldenMerc
05-03-2009, 10:35 PM
is it for orange only?
cos its been discontiued :@

Fehm
05-03-2009, 10:37 PM
http://www.electricpig.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/lg-ks360.jpg

I have that one :)
Wi-Fi is available on contract only, but i got pay as you, cheap! £80 lol

Good luck on your decision :)

marriott0.01
05-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Hmmmmm I dno I don't think so ><

GoldenMerc
05-03-2009, 10:38 PM
http://www.electricpig.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/lg-ks360.jpg

I have that one :)
Wi-Fi is available on contract only, but i got pay as you, cheap! £80 lol

Good luck on your decision :)
the keyboard on that is crap but rest looks nice, what phone?

marriott0.01
05-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Some sort of LG I see, LG are okay, but aren't really smartphones and I presuming that the LG there runs Symbian

GoldenMerc
05-03-2009, 10:55 PM
I'd like one where you can download like modules and stuff like how it works with Ipod touch's thats kl

marriott0.01
05-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Applications u mean ;)

Symbian you can download applications but it's not the eaiest process, if you go for a HTC phone you'll get Windows Mobile, which a lot easier to download apps on.

Unfortunately no one has as good menu system as the iPhone, and best menu system for Windows Mobile would be the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1, my opinion.

If you want a phone like the iPod touch with the UI etc.. iPhone is obvious choice but if you want a smartphone HTC lead that Market.

You could go to the windows mobile website they have loads of phones on their that you'd probably love.

Saying that Windows Mobile is the worst mobile OS with symbian most likely coming out on top, but the only symbian smartphone that could honestly pass itself as a smartphone is the Nokia N97 which isn't out and will be expensive.

GoldenMerc
05-03-2009, 11:06 PM
I like the phone you posted but its not avaliable no more ;[
so yeh do you know if Orange are going to release another one of its kind

marriott0.01
05-03-2009, 11:07 PM
Orange are set to release the HTC TouchPro2 but no one knows when!!

GoldenMerc
05-03-2009, 11:11 PM
uh
hmpf
really not too sure on what phone to get
IS the HD one without the keyboard good?

marriott0.01
05-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Excellent, and make sure you check Vodafone they have HTC devices aswell and if you would go SIM Free you could buy from PC world.

GoldenMerc
05-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Orange - Out of stock
T-Mobile- Dont do it
Vodafone - dont do it
3 - dont have it

marriott0.01
05-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Have you got an orange store nearby??
Coz that shows it as out of stock online, it might be in store though.

GoldenMerc
05-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Uhm yeh i could try tomorrow sometime :P
How much do you think it will be p/m

marriott0.01
05-03-2009, 11:29 PM
It's cheaper than the storm, g1 and the iPhone, but that's all I know

GoldenMerc
05-03-2009, 11:30 PM
G1 contract starts at £30 a montha nd iPhone is £45 a month with 02
i was like ur crazy

Sarah
06-03-2009, 02:25 AM
my mum just got a new phone.
she was on a £35 contract with orange and got the Blackberry curve.
normally added blackberry internet etc would cost £5 extra a month but if you have a £35 contract its added free - but be sure to remind them of this because when my mum did it in the store they forgot to do it and she had to go back and remind them. It has Wifi, email a qwerty keyboard and facebook - also other things.
Im pretty sure this might be a in-store offer, but it apply's on all blackberrys atm.
http://www.dcellphone.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/blackberry-8900.jpg

Recursion
06-03-2009, 06:53 AM
Applications u mean ;)

Symbian you can download applications but it's not the eaiest process, if you go for a HTC phone you'll get Windows Mobile, which a lot easier to download apps on.

Unfortunately no one has as good menu system as the iPhone, and best menu system for Windows Mobile would be the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1, my opinion.

If you want a phone like the iPod touch with the UI etc.. iPhone is obvious choice but if you want a smartphone HTC lead that Market.

You could go to the windows mobile website they have loads of phones on their that you'd probably love.

Saying that Windows Mobile is the worst mobile OS with symbian most likely coming out on top, but the only symbian smartphone that could honestly pass itself as a smartphone is the Nokia N97 which isn't out and will be expensive.

I would say its easy on Symbian, just download it on your PC and open it with Nokia Software Installer.

To be honest, if he wants something with loads of Apps then I would try and get a little more money and go for a T-Mobile G1, it has LOADS of apps, most are free because paid ones only just came out on the market.

Stay clear of Windows Mobile, its awful.

marriott0.01
06-03-2009, 06:59 AM
I would say its easy on Symbian, just download it on your PC and open it with Nokia Software Installer.

To be honest, if he wants something with loads of Apps then I would try and get a little more money and go for a T-Mobile G1, it has LOADS of apps, most are free because paid ones only just came out on the market.

Stay clear of Windows Mobile, its awful.
Lolz, I agree that WM mobile isn't the best, but it's probably the best option on a low budget. And the G1 is an amazing phone but the iPhone has more apps ;)

Recursion
06-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Of course it would have more apps... its been out for a year or two longer? :S

Barmi
06-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Applications u mean ;)

What the hell are you talking about? By definition a smartphone is, well... a smartphone. Heck, my 5800 is picked up as a smartphone, while my k850i is just 'mobile phone'.

And yes, Windows Mobile sucks balls. It is tragic to go recommending it up until the last line of your post. The Xperia X1 would be a nice phone if it didn't use Windows Mobile. As a result, it's horribly sluggish and accident-prone... like most Windows Mobile devices. Even 6.5 is shaping up to be a disappointment, by the looks of it.

And some people might find this interesting. Symbian on top (expected), but Apple have overtaken Microsoft's little venture and RIM's effort (used on BlackBerry devices).
http://www.canalys.com/pr/images/r2008112b.gif

Edit: The most interesting part of that table (for me) is that every category but Symbian has grown. So, while Symbian is still the most popular operating system on a smartphone by a long way, the chart illustrates a very well-defined point: smartphones are increasingly popular and quickly on their way up (hence the increase in all other OS platforms).

Jordy
06-03-2009, 08:39 PM
What's so bad with Windows Mobile? It's pretty basic, not much fun and lacks a lot of well-made applications but it works fine. I think it's great for it's Outlook capabilities, surfing the web (Use SkyFire) and MSN.

Recursion
06-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Wheres Android?!!?! :@

marriott0.01
06-03-2009, 08:58 PM
What's so bad with Windows Mobile? It's pretty basic, not much fun and lacks a lot of well-made applications but it works fine. I think it's great for it's Outlook capabilities, surfing the web (Use SkyFire) and MSN.
It's good, but slow.

It's like the full Windows Version, can do so much, but it's problems are substantial.

Tim.
06-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Wheres Android?!!?! :@

I think im correct in saying its like a OS for your phone, created by google,

Recursion
07-03-2009, 08:22 AM
I think im correct in saying its like a OS for your phone, created by google,

Yeh, Google created Android for phone, built on Linux and so that makes it an..

EPIC WIN!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!