PDA

View Full Version : Microphone.

DjNina
07-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Right
i wnt to start making beds
if u dont know what a bed is
a bed is just background music.

So i use a B-2 Pro (Think its Behringer)
I Am getting a new drumkit
Would one microphone beable to record a high quality sounds from the drumkit?
And is the Mic good enough?
Thanks
Nina

(I Never knew were to post this so i just kinda posted it here!)

Recursion
07-03-2009, 10:28 AM
My friend records his drumming and has 3, 4 or 5 hooked up O_o

DjNina
07-03-2009, 11:35 AM
My friend records his drumming and has 3, 4 or 5 hooked up O_o

Wow
Well i have seen videos on youtube showing people just using one
so i might try it

Hayd93
07-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Drum kit needs alot of mics to get it sounding good. heres what i recomend anyway.

AKG C1000s x 2 for overheads
SM57 x 3 for snare high tom and 2nd tom and floor tom
Then for bass drum look arround at a few mics. I dont really have a favorite bass drum mic but a senhiser are usually best.

Then with you Behringer mic use it as like a boundry mic so like a couple of meters from the kit. This will get a nice reverb sound for you mixdown.

useing just one will sound absolutely ****. If you wanna cheap skape to the max then go for:
AKG c1000s x 1 for all 3 toms and cymbles
SM57 x 1 for snare
and then a senhiser bass drums mic.

Be warned though it wont sound the best at all as you will most likely get alot of spill from snare ect. Also beds for jingles are never usually done useing stuff like this. Beds are usually made with sequanceing softwear like reason.

DjNina
08-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Drum kit needs alot of mics to get it sounding good. heres what i recomend anyway.

AKG C1000s x 2 for overheads
SM57 x 3 for snare high tom and 2nd tom and floor tom
Then for bass drum look arround at a few mics. I dont really have a favorite bass drum mic but a senhiser are usually best.

Then with you Behringer mic use it as like a boundry mic so like a couple of meters from the kit. This will get a nice reverb sound for you mixdown.

useing just one will sound absolutely ****. If you wanna cheap skape to the max then go for:
AKG c1000s x 1 for all 3 toms and cymbles
SM57 x 1 for snare
and then a senhiser bass drums mic.

Be warned though it wont sound the best at all as you will most likely get alot of spill from snare ect. Also beds for jingles are never usually done useing stuff like this. Beds are usually made with sequanceing softwear like reason.

Thanks alot Dan :) Gonna try look for them today online

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!