PDA

View Full Version : Clubtropica: Beta testers, finnally something to do :)

Chippiewill
07-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Any of the first 250 beta testers (Like me) now have access to the webcam and multi chat features on the site. No client yet (Been over a year since they said 3 months) but anyone who was lucky to get a CT beta account try it out. (You should have recieved an email)

Club tropica (http://clubtropica.com)

Dentafrice
07-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Was just about to post this.

Hello Caleb!

All of us in the ClubTropica team hope you are okay and doing well.

You applied to be a BETA Tester for ClubTropica last year. If you are not aware, your application was successful and you are one of 250 official ClubTropica BETA testers. (Congratulations!). We’re emailing you today to ask all our BETA testers to do some further testing for a significant addition to our website. We will shortly be adding a Multi-user Community Chat Room client to our site which includes Webcam and Audio functionality. It uses Adobe Flash and is a very powerful system. You can send drawings to each other, upload images for everyone to see, send private messages to users, view mini profiles in the chat room as well as see your friend list and block lists. At present, we’ve put up the basic application however we would like you to test our new system and give us feedback on any bugs you may find, any changes you would like to see, and any additions you want on this chat room client.

We will be rewarding every BETA tester who actively tests our chat room every day for the next 3 days a full 3 months VIP Chat Room bolt-on which allows various advanced features. We will also be hosting an exclusive chat session with all the ClubTropica Staff and Management in 2 sessions of 15 people, one at 6pm and another at 6:30pm on Monday 9th March 2009 in the specially created chat rooms where you can give us feedback on the BETA test, feedback on ClubTropica generally as a company, and anything else you wish to discuss with the whole team. This is your chance to put your points of view across and we will listen to every comment made (So long as you ask politely of course!).

You can BETA test this application as of 5pm Saturday 7th March 2009 (Today) where your account will exclusively be granted access to view the Chat room by clicking the “Chat” option at the bottom of the screen in the left hand side once you login at http://www.clubtropica.com.

If you have any major issues testing this application, please contact the Customer Support Team and select Technical Faults and give us as much information as possible so we can help resolve the issue.

Many Thanks in advance for all your help and we look forward to speaking to you all on Monday!

The ClubTropica Team

You received this email as you signed up at www.ClubTropica.com and agreed to receive these emails in our Terms and Conditions. To remove yourself, please contact Customer Support.
Don't forget to WHITELIST clubtropica.com to ensure you receive our emails.

Swearwolf
07-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Yeah me too :)

edgates
07-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I got this email, but when I click on the chat button, I get 'IM and Chatroom is currently unavailable for your account.' :(

Swearwolf
07-03-2009, 02:09 PM
the email says from 5pm GMT bud

Dentafrice
07-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I got this email, but when I click on the chat button, I get 'IM and Chatroom is currently unavailable for your account.' :(
Where's the link even at?

Immenseman
07-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Yeah I got it also. Bottom left it says "chat" ^

edgates
07-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Where's the link even at?
On the facebook-esque toolbar :)

And thanks, missed that bit of the email!

Dentafrice
07-03-2009, 02:17 PM
ohh lmao, duh me.

I didn't see it, my Firefox search was covering it up.

Immenseman
07-03-2009, 09:56 PM
lol im on there now and so is caleb but he isnt talking and there was someone called "cryingjesus" who said their name was inspired by flyingjesus small world!!

Dentafrice
07-03-2009, 09:58 PM
lol im on there now and so is caleb but he isnt talking and there was someone called "cryingjesus" who said their name was inspired by flyingjesus small world!!
I was thinking that too lmao.. kept reminding me of flyingjesus.

I was away :(

Titch
08-03-2009, 10:26 AM
haha james has well long hair!

Jord
08-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Becuase time

efq
09-03-2009, 07:52 AM
Yeah I got the email, its an ok chat room. Just a copy of facebook tbh.
Spoke to James for a while though.

My CT username is Mr

Kardan
11-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Well, I think the '250 beta testers' is crap, considering everyone here happens to have got the email.

Dentafrice
11-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Well, I think the '250 beta testers' is crap, considering everyone here happens to have got the email.
Maybe because we're BETA testers?

GommeInc
11-03-2009, 10:26 PM
So is ClubTropica just a glorified chatroom now?

Kardan
11-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Maybe because we're BETA testers?

I never signed up to be a BETA tester, I only created an account. The BETA testers were told they were BETA testers over a year ago? I'm not bothered about it anyway, it's crap.

Soy
12-03-2009, 04:31 PM
So is ClubTropica just a glorified chatroom now?
some one answer this

Samishlol
12-03-2009, 04:39 PM
I got that email too but i'm not a beta tester

AgnesIO
12-03-2009, 07:32 PM
some one answer this

It is indeed.

They said that it will not be at all client based now.

edgates
12-03-2009, 07:38 PM
I think everyone got the second email, but BETA testers got another a few days before. :)

GommeInc
12-03-2009, 11:21 PM
It is indeed.

They said that it will not be at all client based now.
Thanks to Soy for that response.

Why make a BETA chatroom? What's there to test? They may aswell get rid of the domain and idea, and give all those ClubTropica people who gave them money their money back, if they haven't already done so.

Zak
13-03-2009, 01:05 AM
i got tired of waiting for them to release their client

visa.
13-03-2009, 06:16 AM
um yeah

i worked as clubtropicastaff from just after launch until the whole client fiasco as well. the site is set up with investments from james' dad (dad's username on CT is boss) and james is meant to try and turn profits out of the site for his father. callie was let go because james claimed she didn't work enough. the truth is that james never planned to keep callie on staff - he just had her so that she would pull the initial group of habbos to the site. i worked first in establishing a site "community" based around fansites and forums and later went on to manage a radio which james decided to take down after a few days because it wasn't popular enough and demonstrated what a flop the site is (my usernames were plastic and delicious, both of which are now permed as former staff). i was on the client when it was still in production; it was terrible at best. clubtropica couldn't pay the thirdparty programming team to keep creating it so the whole idea of a client was nixed. james told staff that sulake paid the programmers to stop work on it to sabotage but this sounded as ridiculous then as it does now.

anyways, yeah ... that's a bit of a ramble. point is, the only reason the site is still going is because james (site running guy) is trying to turn a profit back on his father's (username boss) initial investments. end of. don't bother with it.

GommeInc
13-03-2009, 11:14 AM
um yeah

i worked as clubtropicastaff from just after launch until the whole client fiasco as well. the site is set up with investments from james' dad (dad's username on CT is boss) and james is meant to try and turn profits out of the site for his father. callie was let go because james claimed she didn't work enough. the truth is that james never planned to keep callie on staff - he just had her so that she would pull the initial group of habbos to the site. i worked first in establishing a site "community" based around fansites and forums and later went on to manage a radio which james decided to take down after a few days because it wasn't popular enough and demonstrated what a flop the site is (my usernames were plastic and delicious, both of which are now permed as former staff). i was on the client when it was still in production; it was terrible at best. clubtropica couldn't pay the thirdparty programming team to keep creating it so the whole idea of a client was nixed. james told staff that sulake paid the programmers to stop work on it to sabotage but this sounded as ridiculous then as it does now.

anyways, yeah ... that's a bit of a ramble. point is, the only reason the site is still going is because james (site running guy) is trying to turn a profit back on his father's (username boss) initial investments. end of. don't bother with it.
How does he intend to make a profit on a product that is over-glorified and shouldn't cost a thing to use, when there are most likely better chatrooms available? And I would of laughed at him if he used the Sulake sabotage excuse, that would of made him money if anything :P

So did he pay back the people who he technically scammed money out of? :P

visa.
13-03-2009, 06:39 PM
no, anyone that bought clubtropica credits (islas) has never gotten a refund.

Dentafrice
13-03-2009, 06:55 PM
They don't need a refund, and are not going to get one.

They purchased the products (islas) and none of those were ever removed, the ones that were bought are still on the accounts.. and can still be used for sitewide purchases and features.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!