PDA

View Full Version : Gear

Swearwolf
08-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Basically...
I got almost full epic gear (some is PvP cos it was better than blue/green crap I had)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Swearwolf

Just wanna know what you think of gems i've used etc, and any replacements :D

(NOTE: My blue ring hasnt updated but replaced in game with titanium impact band with 16 AP and 8 crit)

cheerz!

Axel
08-03-2009, 01:31 AM
surely you should get 16 agility instead of 16 crit and 16 str instead of 32 ap cos ap and crit doesnt stack with kings?

Charles
08-03-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm no DK expert, but as a physical dps class you should be gemming str (bar rogues) as it scales with kings as Jon said. Socket bonuses aren't always worth it ;)

Crimson
08-03-2009, 08:46 PM
My gear is far from as good as yours. But I'm an utter DK-nerd and I've read up one them and what-not.

I'm not sure what you're aiming for. Are you going for PvP or PvE? Some of your gear is nice for PvE, but then alot of it seems best suited to PvP.

-Anyway, since you're exalted with the Ebon Knights; get yourself a head enchant..
-Get yourself the AP leg enchant.
-NEVER go for base-stat gems (I.E +ap). Replace ALL of those with either pure +str or +str & +stat. If I had to, I'd tend to go for +agi rather than +crit as well.
** Also, if you're going for PvP go for resi/sta gems over any ap gems... but if you're PvP I'd focus on pure dmg dealing gems; I.E +str / +hit etc. With most of my gear I've

Give us more info on what you're aiming for :D

Btw. That was also utter harsh judgement. I also have pure +crit and pure +ap cause I'm lazy :D But if you're wanting immense-ness then go on what I've said.

Crimson
08-03-2009, 08:46 PM
My gear is far from as good as yours. But I'm an utter DK-nerd and I've read up one them and what-not.

I'm not sure what you're aiming for. Are you going for PvP or PvE? Some of your gear is nice for PvE, but then alot of it seems best suited to PvP.

-Anyway, since you're exalted with the Ebon Knights; get yourself a head enchant..
-Get yourself the AP leg enchant.
-NEVER go for base-stat gems (I.E +ap). Replace ALL of those with either pure +str or +str & +stat. If I had to, I'd tend to go for +agi rather than +crit as well.
** Also, if you're going for PvP go for resi/sta gems over any ap gems... but if you're PvP I'd focus on pure dmg dealing gems; I.E +str / +hit etc. With most of my gear I've

Give us more info on what you're aiming for :D

Btw. That was also utter harsh judgement. I also have pure +crit and pure +ap cause I'm lazy :D But if you're wanting immense-ness then go on what I've said.

Swearwolf
10-03-2009, 03:59 PM
ok thanks guys :) +reps all round
also i'm aiming for mostly PvE dps with some PvP but more PvE :D

TehJoshy
10-03-2009, 04:09 PM
http://elitistjerks.com/f72/

Proberly the best place to look for help on improving your DK (:

Crimson
10-03-2009, 04:37 PM
ok thanks guys :) +reps all round
also i'm aiming for mostly PvE dps with some PvP but more PvE :D

Then get rid of all those +sta gems. :P

Swearwolf
10-03-2009, 05:08 PM
i've replaced and added a ton of str :D and earlier at my friends i got 2.4k dps on IF test dummies lol, just got 3.9k now :O! (with army of the dead ;))

Crimson
10-03-2009, 05:35 PM
i've replaced and added a ton of str :D and earlier at my friends i got 2.4k dps on IF test dummies lol, just got 3.9k now :O! (with army of the dead ;))

And for dmg, blood suxx. I'm using this spec atm. I have a spellsequence macro that does super damage wtih my spec, I done 5/6k on the naxx raid (with quite ****** gear as it was my first ever naxx).
PS > IT > B.S > B.S > SS > UB
And proc in gargoyle when you have spare rune power and Death Coil when gargoyle is on CD.

And the armory isn't working :S Search Asalene for my DK if you're desperate. It's an unholy spec.

Tugoui
10-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Nah, I prefer Blood to Unholy.
Tried Unholy, but I don't feel my SS does enough damage (even with Sigil of Awareness) Tested my dps with both specs on the training dummies in Acherus and Blood won, with 3.2k DPS, whereas Unholy I was only at 2.8k DPS, so I stuck with Blood.

Crimson
11-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Nah, I prefer Blood to Unholy.
Tried Unholy, but I don't feel my SS does enough damage (even with Sigil of Awareness) Tested my dps with both specs on the training dummies in Acherus and Blood won, with 3.2k DPS, whereas Unholy I was only at 2.8k DPS, so I stuck with Blood.

Rotations are are major thing though, probably more important that specs :P

If you were doing SS > PS > B.S > B.S > IT then your damage would be apalling. The thing with blood is there isn't really a set rotation. Whereas with unholy if you dont follow a specific rotation to your spec then your damage will be relatively low.

EDIT: And why is "B" and "A" placed together filtered? ._.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!