PDA

View Full Version : Rick Roll'd // Mods making up rules?

scottish
08-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Ok well i posted a link to a rick roll, then got mod edit for misleading link.

First 1 or 2 super mod's had seen the thread, one had even replied and didn't see it necessary to edit the thread, but then a normal mod comes and edits it out?

There is no rule against misleading links in a thread that i have seen so i don't see why, if its a problem surely there should be a rule to forbid it to be done, not just a random mod not too fond of it so removing it? as what do you want me to post for a rick roll; http://thisisarickrolllinkifyouarestupidenoughtoclickitiw illlaughatyouafterwards.com/rickroll.html ?

End of rant for now, think this is the right section as it's not a complaint thread as noone can reply ;)

Bren
08-03-2009, 04:26 PM
they are just upset because they got rick rolld so they remove the link.

also ive seen a mod with a rick roll in his video.. dont suppose he gets moaned at though

Lee
08-03-2009, 04:26 PM
This is a complaint right? Technically (sp) :P

But, yeh I agree there, was a bit dodgey.

scottish
08-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Ye sorta, but its not in complaints section as i wish people to reply, as if there has been a rule made or something i don't want to formally make a complaint when i could be wrong, which im pretty sure i'm not atm.

Lee
08-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Yeh, I see you point.

Yoshimitsui
08-03-2009, 04:35 PM
I think it is okay as long as you don't post them in any other section or start doing it continusouly in order to tick people off.

scottish
08-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Yeh i mean i posted it once in the most suitable section, not as if im posting in habbo saying "LOL AT THIS BUG" or anything, its in the spam section ;\

Yoshimitsui
08-03-2009, 04:41 PM
I think the appropriate thing to do is take it up with lAscend or have this put into complaints for management to give you a correct statement on.

FlyingJesus
08-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Just don't bother it isn't funny anyway

jackass
08-03-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm going by what i've been told.

I was told to remove annoying links such as that, so I was completely justified in removing it. :)

scottish
08-03-2009, 05:08 PM
From who? you're evidence? Kardan's post? :S

untrustus
08-03-2009, 05:17 PM
the rules of the internet clearly state that rickrolling is lame and unfunny.
sourmath rolling on the other hand..

leah
08-03-2009, 05:21 PM
exactly, what's the point.

flatface
08-03-2009, 05:22 PM

Agreed, its annoying

Bren
08-03-2009, 05:42 PM
it isnt meant to be funny, its meant to be annoying.

Laggings
08-03-2009, 05:45 PM
I LOL at that mod. I mean seriously, must have been pms'ing or something.

scottish
08-03-2009, 05:51 PM
As few posts above; precisely, i don't do it to be funny; i do it to be annoying, which if you ask anyone that knows me, i excel at ;)

buttons
08-03-2009, 06:09 PM
lmao at ur msn name HAHAHAALMAOhttp://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x141/jenmcmuffin/scottentrance.jpg& if you are deliberately trying to annoy someone, then why shouldn't you be punished?? trying to provoke people :$

GoldenMerc
08-03-2009, 06:24 PM
tbh Jess made up rules yesterday saying you can't use other peoples photo's which is also a made up rule

dogboy123
08-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Lol, right in the middle of an SS game.

I think it should've been posted in videos jokes etc.

Slowpoke
08-03-2009, 07:11 PM
I agree with the moderator.

It's immature, pathetic and not funny on any level.

scottish
08-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Do you tend to read threads before you reply, no?

Slowpoke
08-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Actually, I did read it. I just thought I'd reply with that BECAUSE YOU LIKE TO ANNOY PEOPLE AND YOU EXCEL AT IT SO I THOUGHT I'D TAKE A SHOT IT AND IT CLEARLY WORKED!

scottish
08-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Actually, I did read it. I just thought I'd reply with that BECAUSE YOU LIKE TO ANNOY PEOPLE AND YOU EXCEL AT IT SO I THOUGHT I'D TAKE A SHOT IT AND IT CLEARLY WORKED!

So in other words it was a pointless post yee

Slowpoke
08-03-2009, 07:18 PM
No. I wanted to express my thoughts and feelings towards rick rolling. Moderators should be allowed to remove the link because it's "immature, pathetic and not funny on any level". :)

Bren
08-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Moderators should be allowed to remove the link because it's "immature, pathetic and not funny on any level". :)
So are a lot of videos like "Hitler gets banned from ____". I could watch Rick Astley for a lot longer than them.

ReviewDude
08-03-2009, 11:28 PM
To be fair, for one thing, your post could have been in breach of either of these two rules:

A10. Do not be a negative factor on the forum – This includes posting to cause arguments, unnecessary attacks on forum staff or general bad manners and attitude towards other forum members. Moderators, as always, will have the final say on whether a member is constantly being negative on the forums.

A16. Do not make threads titles which have no relevance to the actual post - Do not make thread with titles like "see this" or "something interesting" or something similar to these. Put a title which is relevant to the thread and not something completely different.

Regardless, I think you're being a little immature about the whole situation, and I don't mean that in a derogatory way, because I've seen you around, and I think you're a nice guy, but you're overreacting.

The Moderators are chosen, or, rather, pass their trials based on merit - on their aptitude for dealing with situations where the answer isn't always clear-cut. Sure, there's no rule specifically stating that you can't post Rick-Roll links, but what are you adding to the forum by posting it? It's not funny, it's just annoying.

If I were you, I would have brought this issue up with one of the Super Moderators, if you feel it's unjustified, because it's dealing with a specific Moderator's edit, not a general problem with the rules. Doing it this way is just exacerbates the situation, and resolves very little - unless you consider finger-pointing a resolution.

Posting a Rick Roll video is so last year anyway. :rolleyes:

Agnostic Bear
08-03-2009, 11:36 PM
i do believe that you should all stop justifying mods making up rules and just accept that it was wrong to edit the post

kk.
08-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Yeh but tbh, no thread titles in spam are meaningful and secondly, it's in spam. It's not even offensive so I don't know where you got that from. Not meaning to sound too angry

ReviewDude
08-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Yeh but tbh, no thread titles in spam are meaningful and secondly, it's in spam. It's not even offensive so I don't know where you got that from. Not meaning to sound too angry

Ah, I have to be honest, I didn't realise this thread/post was in Spam. Not much of what I said applies, then. Sorry, Scott!

scottish
08-03-2009, 11:43 PM
To be fair, for one thing, your post could have been in breach of either of these two rules:

Regardless, I think you're being a little immature about the whole situation, and I don't mean that in a derogatory way, because I've seen you around, and I think you're a nice guy, but you're overreacting.

The Moderators are chosen, or, rather, pass their trials based on merit - on their aptitude for dealing with situations where the answer isn't always clear-cut. Sure, there's no rule specifically stating that you can't post Rick-Roll links, but what are you adding to the forum by posting it? It's not funny, it's just annoying.

If I were you, I would have brought this issue up with one of the Super Moderators, if you feel it's unjustified, because it's dealing with a specific Moderator's edit, not a general problem with the rules. Doing it this way is just exacerbates the situation, and resolves very little - unless you consider finger-pointing a resolution.

Posting a Rick Roll video is so last year anyway. :rolleyes:

It wasn't an attack or anything on any forum member so that's not acceptable as a rule, and it was a pointless thread,it was also in the SPAM SECTION which is meant for pointless posts, the thread was titled "OMG LOL" so not unrelated to it.

If i was finger pointing surely i'd be saying "OMG * EDITED MY POST" etc when i don't beleive i've said the mods name once?

Indeed it was last year, which is why not everyone expects it and i like to be annoying so, mission achieved.

i do believe that you should all stop justifying mods making up rules and just accept that it was wrong to edit the post
i agree.

kk.
08-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Reading my post again it sounds like I was moaning lol. I wasn't, I just Cba tonight xD sry

GommeInc
08-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Good for the mod, they're boring. Isn't "trolling" against the rules, because that's what it is really :/

Ostinato
09-03-2009, 12:18 AM
TBH you are all right about how much of a pain in the arse it is and how it isn't funny or whatever. But at the end of the day he didn't actually break any rule and therefore it cannot be in any way justified for the moderator to edit it.

If we start allowing mods to edit links just because they hold a personal dim view on it, then we aren't going to get far at all.

Fair enough, he posted some crap yeh - but for one it was in spam? What did he post? SPAM.

The thread was in no way at all offensive, and clearly wasn't trying to instigate any form of argument or tension - therefore there is no single rule outlined in the forums terms that he broke, and as a result it was unfairly dealt with.

Hiro
09-03-2009, 12:41 AM
/activate cry mode?
why are you crying over a small thing?

,Jess,
09-03-2009, 01:22 AM
Some mods obviously have different judgement and like others have said the links are annoying for other members but seeing as it was spam and not another section it makes it a bit different in my opinion. However I can see why a mod would have removed it - I don't think there is any specific rule, just if a user was continuously posting the links then yeah they should be removed but just 1 maybe not so much.

tbh Jess made up rules yesterday saying you can't use other peoples photo's which is also a made up rule

A5. Do not post private details or information – We do not allow you to post private information about yourself due to security concerns. Disclosing any information about another forum user without their consent is also not allowed. This includes

Private messages
Reputation comments
Private conversations (MSN, Habbo, etc.)
Images / videos of the user or social networking profiles (Bebo, Facebook, etc.)
Trying to organize real life meet-ups

DJ::Beatz
09-03-2009, 01:59 AM
When i was a mod, i thought there was a specific rule on rick rolling. Either that or we talked about it. i dont remember.

nvrspk4
09-03-2009, 04:28 AM
Regardless of the issue in question, this is quite obviously a complaint, based around a specific incident, calling out a specific moderator. This is unecessary in the public Habbox Feedback forum, and should go in the complaints forum. Since you are not complaining about the moderator but instead about the practice, it could go in the normal complaints forum.

I'm going to close this thread on the basis that dealing with it in complaints would be a bit difficult with all the bias from previous arguments made, if you want to post a complaint feel free to do so :) You will get an official reply to your post then.

If this was a community debate, the question would be a general "Should posting Rick Roll links/misleading links be against the rules?" or "Should moderators be allowed to make their own edits when necessary?"

If anyone feels that that issue needs to be discussed you may create a different thread :)

A5. Do not post private details or information – We do not allow you to post private information about yourself due to security concerns. Disclosing any information about another forum user without their consent is also not allowed. This includes:

Private messages
Reputation comments
Private conversations (MSN, Habbo, etc.)
Images / videos of the user or social networking profiles (Bebo, Facebook, etc.)
Trying to organize real life meet-ups

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!