PDA

View Full Version : Looking to invest

Titch
10-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Hello,

Well i was sorting out some old bank accounts today and found an odd 650 pounds lying in an old savings accounts from when i was a todler. So i am looking to invest it into some sort of bussiness of something instead of just blowing it.

I am open to any offers really, i will look into all of them. However, they must make me my money back within 1-2 years.

Titch.

Protege
10-03-2009, 06:35 PM
save it in a .5% interest saving acc, actually store it under your bed.

Buy shares if you know what you're doing, lloyds have very cheap shares atm (there share value went down around 70% or something)

Titch
10-03-2009, 06:37 PM
save it in a .5% interest saving acc, actually store it under your bed.

Buy shares if you know what you're doing, lloyds have very cheap shares atm (there share value went down around 70% or something)

I was thinking about shares, however dont really know i am not very well knownledged in that department. Dont want to keep it bank untill we our out of troubles. I dnt trust them atm.

Protege
10-03-2009, 06:49 PM
I wouldnt worry about losing your money if your money is in a big high street bank, seems like our government _doesnt_ have a problem paying out a "few billion of pocket change" to them.

Iszak
10-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Well, I'm no stock marketer, but yesterday I was reading the newspaper and Lloyds is now around 75% owned by the government, as they had to bail it out once more so you can probably ensure that it won't be fail as the government will prevent it. The stock prices as Protege mentioned has went down to around 0.40 AUD from over $100 AUD from what I read, so yeah you're likely to make your money back in a few years time. But I'd do some more research into it, just to satisfy your own curiosity.

Fehm
10-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Google shares are always good!
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=GOOG
They regularly go up and down but their mainly increasing just lately :)

Protege
10-03-2009, 08:46 PM
yeah but to get a good investment, you need around 1200 shares in a large scaled public company eg: Lloyds, would earn you around 3000£ interest p/a (last year).

blanky12!
10-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Save that money, don't get rid of it, times like this you will need it.

Split your money up to 25% each open up 3 more accounts and put that money into them accounts, making "somewhat" more money.

Edited by Cyndia (Forum Moderator): Please do not double post.

RichardKnox
10-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Save that money, don't get rid of it, times like this you will need it.

Split your money up to 25% each open up 3 more accounts and put that money into them accounts, making "somewhat" more money.

How would you make more money? You'd simply make 0.5% interest on the four 25% "chunks" instead of 0.5% interest on the full amount?

blanky12!
10-03-2009, 10:13 PM
How would you make more money? You'd simply make 0.5% interest on the four 25% "chunks" instead of 0.5% interest on the full amount?
Sorry, edit no need.

Skajo
11-03-2009, 08:20 PM
£100 for a 50% stake in an unfounded digital media group.

If you're interested, PM me.

Knox knows what I can do.

PatrickMS
11-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Google shares are always good!
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=GOOG
They regularly go up and down but their mainly increasing just lately :)
Tis not a bad idea, though I it goes up and down often then just buy cheap and make small money the next day selling. Will take some time but if you have nothing else to do I don't see why a small investment in google would harm any one.

RichardKnox
11-03-2009, 10:45 PM
£100 for a 50% stake in an unfounded digital media group.

If you're interested, PM me.

Knox knows what I can do.

Knox does eh? Anyway yeh adam is good.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!