PDA

View Full Version : I thought the early Habbo was a little too...

Magnetez
10-03-2009, 06:54 PM
"new wave" for my tastes, but when they updated it in '05, I think it really came into its own, commerically and artistically.

The whole game has a clear, crisp look, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism which really gives the rooms a big boost.

It's been compared to The Sims, but I think Habbo has a far more bitter, cynical sense of style.

In 2008, Habbo released their best update. I think their undisputed masterpiece is the Rares section, a section so addictive most people probably don't buy all the best ones, but they should. Because it's not just a metaphor of conformity and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the game itself.

Twist
10-03-2009, 06:55 PM
"new wave" for my tastes, but when they updated it in '05, I think it really came into its own, commerically and artistically.

The whole game has a clear, crisp look, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism which really gives the rooms a big boost.

It's been compared to The Sims, but I think Habbo has a far more bitter, cynical sense of style.

In 2008, Habbo released their best update. I think their undisputed masterpiece is the Rares section, a section so addictive most people probably don't buy all the best ones, but they should. Because it's not just a metaphor of conformity and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the game itself.
Cynical :S?
By the way this should be in the Habbo section.

untrustus
10-03-2009, 06:59 PM
habbo has gone the way of pokémon.
too many rares/pokemon just being ****ted out and generally just being rinsed out for every last idea to make money.

Magnetez
10-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Jesus, what does that have to do with anything? There are more important things to worry about than Pokémon.

Anvrew
10-03-2009, 07:00 PM
*Habbos worst update was in 2008.

kthx

Magnetez
10-03-2009, 07:01 PM
*Habbos worst update was in 2008.

kthx

Oh my God, Anvrew, do you want me to fry you up some *Removed* potato pancakes? Some latkes?

Text removed by Biohazard (Forum Moderator): Please don't avoid the filter.

Ashhizzle
10-03-2009, 08:41 PM
No need to be rude is there?

Magnetez
10-03-2009, 08:47 PM
What's the matter Ashhizzle, no shiatsu this morning?

Fehm
10-03-2009, 08:50 PM
That post made me lol, Your tryin to big yourself up, but your not helpin yaself bbz. Goddd and tbh, THe best update for Habbo was when i joined =D woop lmao

Magnetez
10-03-2009, 08:57 PM
*Removed*

Magnetez
10-03-2009, 09:06 PM
You're inhuman, Biohazard. Did you know that Ted Bundy's first dog, a collie, was named Lassie? Have you heard this?

CJW93
10-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Hardly anyone on the forum plays habbo

Magnetez
10-03-2009, 09:22 PM
*Removed*

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the forum filter.

GommeInc
10-03-2009, 09:27 PM
The whole Habbo franchise was and should be for the purpose of its users, and to make a decent amount of income at the end. Now it seems Habbo are focusing too much on the money side of things, therefore failing to satisfy its users and fan base. For socio-economic company, this is the wrong attitude.

Ever since they attacked their fan base e.g. the fansites, they've caused nothing but unnecessary problems and a severe lack of professionalism. A profesonally run franchise would think before taking action, and with the case of attacking their fans, they clearly have acted before thinking about the consequences.

When they were thinking up the idea of disallowing fansites to sell harmless premium services, they refused to give a reason - no-one knows why they did it and everyone knows there isn't a reason to do it. Habbo will not gain anymore income by attacking the fanbases, which are one of their key areas of marketing for Habbo. Who better to sell the product than the consumers, with their fansites?

As far as I see Habbo, they are nothing but an unfair company who have bitten off more than they can chew lately. THey were a much better company back in the Version 4 days, where they provided for the community and kept in contact with the community. Now they focus on selling their products without any decent reason, and to mass-produce products which are just tedious - rares make alot of money, so they make aload of pointless ones to gain more.

Although they are a money making business (there to make money), they have over-stepped the mark a little bit. I wouldn't jump to conclusions saying furniture and services shape the individual needs and personalities of their users. I would say they've just seized an opportunity which has worked in the past and clearly want to make money from it with silly little events and advertisement schemes through their obviously boring news system and email system - there to sell and not to inform. In the past, when Habbo was more successful socially, they made the whole Habbo experience interesting and fun, now it's just there to make an extra pound using farfetched advertising schemes.

Also, didn't Habbo scrap the rares section, making it so that old rares which were better in every way possible, impossible to get? Now it's just boring items that try to make things rarer.

Magnetez
10-03-2009, 09:29 PM
The whole Habbo franchise was and should be for the purpose of its users, and to make a decent amount of income at the end. Now it seems Habbo are focusing too much on the money side of things, therefore failing to satisfy its users and fan base. For socio-economic company, this is the wrong attitude.

Ever since they attacked their fan base e.g. the fansites, they've caused nothing but unnecessary problems and a severe lack of professionalism. A profesonally run franchise would think before taking action, and with the case of attacking their fans, they clearly have acted before thinking about the consequences.

When they were thinking up the idea of disallowing fansites to sell harmless premium services, they refused to give a reason - no-one knows why they did it and everyone knows there isn't a reason to do it. Habbo will not gain anymore income by attacking the fanbases, which are one of their key areas of marketing for Habbo. Who better to sell the product than the consumers, with their fansites?

As far as I see Habbo, they are nothing but an unfair company who have bitten off more than they can chew lately. THey were a much better company back in the Version 4 days, where they provided for the community and kept in contact with the community. Now they focus on selling their products without any decent reason, and to mass-produce products which are just tedious - rares make alot of money, so they make aload of pointless ones to gain more.

Although they are a money making business (there to make money), they have over-stepped the mark a little bit. I wouldn't jump to conclusions saying furniture and services shape the individual needs and personalities of their users. I would say they've just seized an opportunity which has worked in the past and clearly want to make money from it with silly little events and advertisement schemes through their obviously boring news system and email system - there to sell and not to inform. In the past, when Habbo was more successful socially, they made the whole Habbo experience interesting and fun, now it's just there to make an extra pound using farfetched advertising schemes.

Also, didn't Habbo scrap the rares section, making it so that old rares which were better in every way possible, impossible to get? Now it's just boring items that try to make things rarer.

No, silly. Habbo will own most of the internet by the end of the 00's. Now they're into that whole Yale thing.

GommeInc
10-03-2009, 09:31 PM
No, silly. Habbo will own most of the internet by the end of the 00's. Now they're into that whole Yale thing.
Yale thing? Habbo seem to be getting smaller and smaller in my eyes. I haven't seen a crappy Habbo ad for years :S And since the expansion plans had completed, it's been awfully quiet. Perhaps they're losing money... Wouldn't it be just grand if they went bust :D

Anvrew
10-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Oh my God, Anvrew, do you want me to fry you up some *Removed* potato pancakes? Some latkes?

WOULD LOVE IT THNX

Magnetez
10-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Yale thing? Habbo seem to be getting smaller and smaller in my eyes. I haven't seen a crappy Habbo ad for years :S And since the expansion plans had completed, it's been awfully quiet. Perhaps they're losing money... Wouldn't it be just grand if they went bust :D

You know, the whole Yale thing!

There are no more barriers to cross. All Habbo has in common with the sell-outs and the dull, the tedious and the cheap, all the fanbase they've lost and their utter indifference toward it they have now surpassed. Their yuppie-business is constant and sharp and they do not wish for a better game for anyone, they want their demands for money to be inflicted on others. They want no one to escape.

But even after being a big fan and admitting this, there is no catharsis. My punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of the game. No new knowledge is extracted from my telling. This confession. Has meant. Nothing.

WOULD LOVE IT THN
That's simply not possible, and I don't find this funny any more.

Anvrew
10-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Magnet you have some temperrrrr

Magnetez
10-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Magnet you have some temperrrrr

You're so sad... JESUS! Just cool it with the anti-Magnet remarks!

GommeInc
You know, the whole Yale thing!

There are no more barriers to cross. All Habbo has in common with the sell-outs and the dull, the tedious and the cheap, all the fanbase they've lost and their utter indifference toward it they have now surpassed. Their yuppie-business is constant and sharp and they do not wish for a better game for anyone, they want their demands for money to be inflicted on others. They want no one to escape.

But even after being a big fan and admitting this, there is no catharsis. My punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of the game. No new knowledge is extracted from my telling. This confession. Has meant. Nothing.
Of course there are still barriers, they've just added more to it ;) It's like locking a few people in a room with a few items, a TV, a chair and a table. As more money has come in, you've chucked in more items, a game console, lights and a fridge. The room is still the same size, it's just more in there ;)

Jordan:A
Yeah look at it now
Its not for teens, its for kids

tdi
10-03-2009, 10:39 PM
i used to enjoy habbo 'back in the day' until it became **** / i grew out of it and quit, it's run by robbing ***** who make it seem so appealing so as to rob kids of their pocket money.

Magnetez
10-03-2009, 10:57 PM
But inside, believe it or not tdi, someone's actually listening to you.

Virgin Mary
11-03-2009, 02:11 AM

How about you shut up

Richie
11-03-2009, 04:40 AM
The graphics may be better but the hotel is ****e now back in the day when it was like v8 was the best, its like version 15 now or something i guess but yeah, they realise stupid things just so people may buy credits from them, its just for the money realy sorry if people thought sulake acctualy care about there habboos but to be fair i wouldnt either if i was part of the sulake group i just want ya moneyzzz $$$$

Zak
11-03-2009, 11:43 AM
All I can remember is that Habbo updates are usually awful and most furni released is just recoloured

Magnetez
11-03-2009, 12:43 PM
*Removed*

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter.

Fart
11-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Habbo fails,
The old school days was amazing!
Like i remeber v7 - 9, everyone thought the versions take ages to come out, it was top notch when new version was out
but then they shot up to quick
v10 v11 v12 v13 v14 -------- v28 and so on,
dont even know what version it is now.

GommeInc
11-03-2009, 01:53 PM
The graphics may be better but the hotel is ****e now back in the day when it was like v8 was the best, its like version 15 now or something i guess but yeah, they realise stupid things just so people may buy credits from them, its just for the money realy sorry if people thought sulake acctualy care about there habboos but to be fair i wouldnt either if i was part of the sulake group i just want ya moneyzzz $$$$
Last time I heard it was V28 or something :P

leah
11-03-2009, 02:09 PM
lol random :S

Anvrew
11-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Last time I heard it was V28 or something :P
V31 Actually :P

Nick.
11-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Yeah I remember waiting ageeeeeees for version 9. Then when it came, it was really good. Then all of a sudden V12-31 in the space of 12/16 months... it's rubbish now.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!