PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media Box Aerial Cable.

AlexOC
10-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Does this go here, maybe, maybe not i dont know sorry. Anywhoo.

Hi, Does anybody have a virgin media box , the normal ones, like square, samsung silver ones with the green lcd display on the front. (maybe its the same for all boxes)

And theres a white cable coming out of it into your wall, is that just standard aerial cable? as i need to buy a bigger one.

Also is it the same cable for the V+ box, as im upgrading my bedroom box to a V+ and i cba buying a new cable.

If not could some one link me up to a maplin product, Thanksies.

Robbie
10-03-2009, 10:53 PM
It's coaxial cable, don't extend it yourself get Virgin to do it it can mess up yours and others signal levels.

Agnostic Bear
10-03-2009, 10:55 PM
It's coaxial cable, don't extend it yourself get Virgin to do it it can mess up yours and others signal levels.

If you really must change the coax, go to B&Q and grab some of the generic 25 metre stuff, it works fine, the engineer might complain though (mine just slapped a connector on for me) and the signal levels are fine here.

Plank
11-03-2009, 12:13 PM
If you really must change the coax, go to B&Q and grab some of the generic 25 metre stuff, it works fine, the engineer might complain though (mine just slapped a connector on for me) and the signal levels are fine here.
Yeah, we bought a longer cable for it online, connected it up with some connectors and it works fine. Make sure you get the right kind of coax cable though or you could loose quality. I'm not sure what one it is.

Oh and all the cables are the same for both the V+ box and standard V boxes (cable input & power)

AlexOC
11-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Ah ok, thanks all.

I will enquire with Virgin, and will look in B+Q.

Jam
11-03-2009, 09:14 PM
And theres a white cable coming out of it into your wall, is that just standard aerial cable? as i need to buy a bigger one.

No it isn't, I don't know exactly what but it isn't a normal aerial cable.

Also is it the same cable for the V+ box, as im upgrading my bedroom box to a V+ and i cba buying a new cable.

Yeah, the V-Box downstairs got upgraded to HD and no new cables were installed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!