PDA

View Full Version : Elfen Lied

VelvetClover
11-03-2009, 10:17 PM
I've never really been into anime and I don't know much about it but my boyfriend introduced me to this series and it was quite good. It had a good storyline. It was quite violent lol anyone else seen it?

Southe,
11-03-2009, 10:26 PM
seen bits of it but havent watched it yet. i hear mixed opinions of it from people so dunno if i should give it a try or not

Neversoft
11-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Seen it, hated it. The story is rubbish in my opinion. It tries to be too unordinary and weird a lot of the time and it's full of cliches. People seem to like the fact that it's extremely violent, but I just find it very disturbing. The violence very rarely has any meaning as well, so why is it there? The characters are simply dull and predictable plus they lack depth. I didn't like any of them and I can't actually think of one part in which I liked watching the series. I think Elfen Lied is highly overrated, and really don't see any merits within the series.

VelvetClover
11-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Seen it, hated it. The story is rubbish in my opinion. It tries to be too unordinary and weird a lot of the time and it's full of cliches. People seem to like the fact that it's extremely violent, but I just find it very disturbing. The violence very rarely has any meaning as well, so why is it there? The characters are simply dull and predictable plus they lack depth. I didn't like any of them and I can't actually think of one part in which I liked watching the series. I think Elfen Lied is highly overrated, and really don't see any merits within the series.

I agree most of the violence was completely unnecessary, there was too much.

Niall!
12-03-2009, 04:11 PM
You guys are losers, the violence was to represent how powerful and evil people are, also to set the story straight.

Nemo
12-03-2009, 04:29 PM
I watched like 2 minutes and it was too gory for my liking, so i didnt bother.

Neversoft
12-03-2009, 06:58 PM
You guys are losers, the violence was to represent how powerful and evil people are, also to set the story straight.

Not really... the violence was used aimlessly.

LoveToStack
12-03-2009, 07:17 PM
The violence was a bit ott but apart from that it was ok. I quite liked the relationship between Lucy and Kouta as kids.

RareFish
22-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Too violent.. kind of awkward trying to watch it with somebody else..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!