PDA

View Full Version : New Facebook Look

Samishlol
12-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Facebook has a new look. I logged in earlier today and found that it's confusing to me.

What do you think of it if you have facebook?

RyanDOT
12-03-2009, 04:48 PM
What's different, its the same as always?

Twist
12-03-2009, 04:49 PM
I haven't noticed anything different :S.

awelsh
12-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Its the exact same, you just havent looged in for months to not have this :P anyway yeah the old one was way better, same goes for bebo :)

RedStratocas
12-03-2009, 04:54 PM
some people dont have it yet, me included. my roommate has it though. im amazed people havent noticed the notice at the top of their page:

Changes to the Home page are coming soon
Learn about the new features ahead of time. This is happening soon; check out the home page tour (http://www.facebook.com/sitetour/homepage_tour.php) now.

lol, its been up there for a week now.

Its the exact same, you just havent looged in for months to not have this :P anyway yeah the old one was way better, same goes for bebo :)

mmmmm nope, theres another new one out. included the link to the tour page in that quote up there ^

oh, and give the new facebook a chance. my roommate logged on to his facebook yesterday and saw the change and immediately got pissed off about it, didnt even look to see what was new or different. he just saw it changed and started complaining. the developers of facebook are smart, im sure this one is going to be better. the last time they changed it, it was better too, even though it took a while to get used to. dont be one of those people who just see that its different and blow a fuse.

RyanDOT
12-03-2009, 04:57 PM
I havn't got that notice, but its good.

awelsh
12-03-2009, 04:58 PM
some people dont have it yet, me included. my roommate has it though. im amazed people havent noticed the notice at the top of their page:

lol, its been up there for a week now.

mmmmm nope, theres another new one out. included the link to the tour page in that quote up there ^

oh, and give the new facebook a chance. my roommate logged on to his facebook yesterday and saw the change and immediately got pissed off about it, didnt even look to see what was new or different. he just saw it changed and started complaining. the developers of facebook are smart, im sure this one is going to be better. the last time they changed it, it was better too, even though it took a while to get used to. its definitely better.

Ahh right, theres never been a notice on the top of my facebook saying about a new look :(

Anyway looking at the demo page it seems the same but things moved around to a more annoying place. DONT FIX WHATS NOT BROKEN FACEBOOK

Barmi
12-03-2009, 04:59 PM
I haven't got it yet, but I know a fair few who do. The new one looks/sounds gash to be honest, but I'll reserve any further judgment for when it makes its way to my own account.

Samishlol
12-03-2009, 05:00 PM
I've got it.. and I didn't have to click nothing.

marriott0.01
12-03-2009, 07:30 PM
I'm more of a Twitter guy, and Facebook announced it wants to be more like Twitter, but the new layout looks really good, and I may just signup again ;)

timROGERS
12-03-2009, 08:01 PM
I haven't got it on mine yet :(

Samishlol
12-03-2009, 08:25 PM
This is what the new facebook looks like.

http://img.habboupload.com/1236889488.png

RyanDOT
12-03-2009, 08:44 PM
EURGH, i got it now.
It looks disgusting!

Nick.
12-03-2009, 09:02 PM
I have it and I hate it! :@

RedStratocas
12-03-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm more of a Twitter guy, and Facebook announced it wants to be more like Twitter, but the new layout looks really good, and I may just signup again ;)

lol, being more like twitter would mean it would have to get rid of all its features. twitter = myspace - everything but status updates.

EURGH, i got it now.
It looks disgusting!

I have it and I hate it! :@

everyone hated it the last time they updated it too. there were hundreds of "bring back the old facebook" groups. but it died down a few weeks later because everyone realized the new version was in fact better. give it a few weeks, the same thing will happen with this one.

Nick.
12-03-2009, 09:13 PM
lol, being more like twitter would mean it would have to get rid of all its features. twitter = myspace - everything but status updates.

everyone hated it the last time they updated it too. there were hundreds of "bring back the old facebook" groups. but it died down a few weeks later because everyone realized the new version was in fact better. give it a few weeks, the same thing will happen with this one.
No, I actually liked the change last time. I never used to use Facebook because it was all too cluttered and stuff, then it neatened up (the last update) and I begun using it, now it sucks. I'll get over it.

Recursion
12-03-2009, 09:13 PM
WHERE IS THE POKE BUTTON?!

Barmi
12-03-2009, 09:23 PM
"Everyone" is a fail word. We've already established that at least one person liked the design, and you can add me to that. I didn't complain in the slightest; I saw its merits. This new one... ugh. :( (Yes, I have it now.)

AlexOC
12-03-2009, 09:45 PM
What the hell is this!

The old one was really easy and nice, this is like... What the hell!

Who did this, who did this?, I will sock em in there face!

Josh-H
12-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Hmm I'm not sure, this looks a bit confusing. I suppose I'll get used to it. I liked the old one though.

Samishlol
12-03-2009, 10:11 PM
WHERE IS THE POKE BUTTON?!You will have to explore the new verison.

Myth
12-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Facebook look the same to me. Doesn't look differen't.

Barmi
12-03-2009, 11:38 PM
http://img.skitch.com/20090312-ni3bfr56mkcfx4j334tfs834ar.png

Zebroid
13-03-2009, 12:07 AM
You will have to explore the new verison.

where it used to be it will say show more or something and probs will come up/

Seany
13-03-2009, 08:49 AM
yeah when i logged on yesterday i was on phone to my friend, i said ooo facebook has changed, yet hers hadn't.

PoizZoNxX
13-03-2009, 10:55 PM
I like how it shows wall post and other stuff in the feed rather than the odd one but the right hand side seems messy with all the different notes and groups etc, especially when halve of the people on my friends list talk L1K3 TH15..x.

I'm not keen on the status updates either on peoples profile, how they show as a wall post and how they have rounded the pictures..it's okay though.

A lot of people just jump on the bandwaggon (not saying people on here), but loads of status's recently just slate it because someone else has..or they haven't even looked at it and just seen its different.

Cyndia
14-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Eugh I'm not a fan of change. I like a few of the new aspects, but on the whole it's driving me crazy trying to get used to it being changed around again. And I'm really more of a fan of the old design.. pre-apps. Ah well. By the time I get used to this one, I'm sure they'll end up changing it again! :/

Technologic
14-03-2009, 09:01 PM
whats with the whole showing everyone's wall posts :l

emotional
14-03-2009, 09:14 PM
eeek, i guess i'm only one of the few to like it then.
great change imo

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!