PDA

View Full Version : Cant get my dlink admin or password?

Bouncing
12-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Right the model is dlink DI-524 basically usually it is admin and then no password, it doesnt work. then I typed admin and my router password then unauthorized came up on the screen. Basically I need to open ports for call of duty 4 for my ps3 because I can't join games often, i cant get my dad involved because he gets paranoid it will break the network and interfere with the wireless printers etc so I'm doing it secretly and if it works hopefully he wont notice a thing. Has anyone got any suggestions?

ecstasy
12-03-2009, 10:24 PM
ive just tried it
admin and nothing worked for me. 100% sure it doesnt work?

Stephen!
12-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Username: Admin
Password: Admin

try that.

Bouncing
13-03-2009, 11:57 PM
nope they don't work.

Trinity
14-03-2009, 04:30 AM
Checked if it's written on the router?

Flash-Host
14-03-2009, 08:49 AM
I Also Had This Problem Please Add Me On Msn [email protected]

Thanks
Flash-Host

P.S= I Know The Email Says Dylanshost :P

ecstasy
14-03-2009, 11:16 AM
yeah, the user + pass are usually written on the bottom of the router.
cant see it being anything different though, if admin and nothing has worked before.

i know its obvious, but it's easily done. sure you're putting in the right ip?

Bouncing
14-03-2009, 12:49 PM
Ill have a look on my router, although its hard because my dad has so many wires plugged in so i cant move it but ill try now..

Bouncing
14-03-2009, 01:01 PM
nope admin and blank do not work, and I have got the box which comes up when i type the default Ip adress. On the back of my router it says exactly what I'm doing. If this helps we do have a password on our router but I type admin and the password aswell and still that doesnt work.. has my dad changed everything??? sometimes a simple message on the screen comes up saying unauthorized

ecstasy
14-03-2009, 01:32 PM
he could have changed the pass
i'd restore it to its factory settings

- find the reset button on the back of the router (its only small)
- with the power on, press and hold the reset button
- hold it for about 10 seconds
- release the reset button
- wait 20-30 seconds before you reconnect. the router is now at default

the user should be admin and there wont be a pass now
only thing is you might have to set up the network again, and you'll probably need the book. but im not sure about that bit :P

Bouncing
14-03-2009, 05:10 PM
lool i can't do that, my dad would flip he would notice that his password isnt working anymore. also we would have to set up a password on the router all over again. I just wanna open these ports without my dad knowing or noticing a thing :P

ecstasy
14-03-2009, 06:39 PM
if you dont know what the new pass is, and you dont want your dad knowing you're doing anything with the router, you cant do anything really.

the only thing you can do is ask him what the pass is, or change it. but he'll notice it's changed

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!