PDA

View Full Version : Got a tattoo

Slowpoke
14-03-2009, 09:51 PM
I got my first tattoo today. I went in expecting the worst since I've heard so many horror stories about how much it's meant to hurt. It did hurt, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. The first few minutes were the worst and I had to stop to take my inhaler but the hour passed by pretty quickly.

http://uploadpicz.com/images/GCUC6QM.jpg (link to picture)

It looks a bit faded on the picture but that's because of the cream I've put on it.

And yes, I'm tensing. :P

Bun
14-03-2009, 10:02 PM
i like it, although you'll probs get a lot of people moaning cos it's tribal.

Slowpoke
14-03-2009, 10:05 PM
It's unique. I used designs that I found and sort of made my own. I'm not that bothered if they don't like it though because it's not them who has to live with it. I love it!

cocaine
14-03-2009, 10:05 PM
i dont like it, sorry.
it would look better if it was small.

EmoGilly
14-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Im not really a tribal fan as you may be able to tell haha.

But as long as you're happy with it, than thats brilliant!
**** everyone else, you're the only one that matters when it comes to tattoo's.

NIce size though, you think of getting it extended further on in life?

Wootzeh
14-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Meh atleast get a tattoo of something that means something to you, but oh well too late now. Don't like it myself.

LoveToStack
14-03-2009, 10:35 PM
I don't like it. Seems like you would want something decent in a tatoo rather than a tribal conforimity.

Myth
14-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Nice tattoo you got there. I might get one, one day.

dirrty
14-03-2009, 10:38 PM
how much did it cost?

EmoGilly
14-03-2009, 10:39 PM
I hate it when people say that you should only get a tattoo when you have a story or emotional tale to tell about it.

Why do tattoo's only have to be about the death of a loved one or something like that?

Why cant you just get one that practically says your personality from the outside?

LoveToStack
14-03-2009, 10:42 PM
I just think getting a tribal tatoo is stupid when you are not a member of a tribe and your life experiences do not relate to a tribe in any way. The same applies to things written in Chinese or Japanese, meaningless if you can't read them yourself or relate. Putting something on you're body for life isn't worth while if it's only because you think it looks 'cool'.

Slowpoke
14-03-2009, 10:43 PM
how much did it cost?

£110

Im not really a tribal fan as you may be able to tell haha.

But as long as you're happy with it, than thats brilliant!

NIce size though, you think of getting it extended further on in life?

Cheers haha, and yeah. The flicks on both ends are there so that it can be easily extended although I'm not sure how I'd want it yet. I'll probably wait a few years and plan it all. :)

Hitman
14-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Meh atleast get a tattoo of something that means something to you, but oh well too late now. Don't like it myself.
I agree with Wootzeh. I want a tattoo - but I'm not getting anything random just because it looks 'cool'. I'm going to wait until something happens in my life that I want to mark with a tattoo that represents that occurrence.

But it doesn't matter what we think - so long as you like it.

Slowpoke
14-03-2009, 10:50 PM
I just think getting a tribal tatoo is stupid when you are not a member of a tribe and your life experiences do not relate to a tribe in any way. The same applies to things written in Chinese or Japanese, meaningless if you can't read them yourself or relate. Putting something on you're body for life isn't worth while if it's only because you think it looks 'cool'.

Why exactly do you need to be able to link a tattoo with a significant event for it to mean something, in your oh so wise opinion? It's body art, just like piercings. People rarely get piercings to mark an occasion. Both are also a form of expression and decoration in my opinion and that's exactly what I did.

Trinity
14-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Why exactly do you need to be able to link a tattoo with a significant event for it to mean something, in your oh so wise opinion? It's body art, just like piercings. People rarely get piercings to mark an occasion. Both are also a form of expression and decoration in my opinion and that's exactly what I did.

Piercings aren't permanent though.

Hitman
14-03-2009, 10:54 PM
It just seems silly to get any random thing because you're stuck with it for life if you later on decide you don't want it (yes, there's certain treatments to remove it, but you'll have scarred skin). And with a piercing, you can easily take it out (it's reversible, unlike the tattoo).

It's up to the individual as to what they do to their skin and why, it's just our opinions.

Jord
14-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Looks wicked harry :)

LoveToStack
14-03-2009, 11:19 PM

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean anything bad by it. It's just my opinion. Your choices are yours in the end and I'm not going to judge you either way because you have a tatoo I do or do not like.

no waiii
14-03-2009, 11:26 PM
omg im affraid to get bigs one i only have three small ones

[DC]eption
14-03-2009, 11:27 PM
It just seems silly to get any random thing because you're stuck with it for life if you later on decide you don't want it (yes, there's certain treatments to remove it, but you'll have scarred skin). And with a piercing, you can easily take it out (it's reversible, unlike the tattoo).

It's up to the individual as to what they do to their skin and why, it's just our opinions.

The tattoo is their for a reason that being that he wanted it, wether a daft decision or not, itll remind him about something. Its not like it is at a place that is going to be shown 24/7 and will stop him getting a job. I like it :)

Anvrew
14-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Its too big :x
Like your shirt though :lol:

Hitman
14-03-2009, 11:42 PM
eption;5675637']The tattoo is their for a reason that being that he wanted it, wether a daft decision or not, itll remind him about something. Its not like it is at a place that is going to be shown 24/7 and will stop him getting a job. I like it :)
... well of course the reason will be because he wanted it. :rolleyes: He's not going to get it because he doesn't want it. :P It may (or may not) remind him of something, however it's not very personal/significant of anything important. As for the job comment, I think it's the Police Force where no tattoos can be showing if you're wearing a t-shirt.

Hazza
14-03-2009, 11:50 PM
You're like 15? How you manage tht?

buttons
14-03-2009, 11:55 PM
that's cool harry =]
an hour? bloody hell

Kyle!
15-03-2009, 01:19 AM
Looks really nice, good choice.

Ramones
15-03-2009, 01:38 AM
get some bigger arms and you'll pull it off ;)

Jordan:A
15-03-2009, 01:40 AM
dont listen to anyone else, its your body, do what you want ;]

Slowpoke
15-03-2009, 01:44 AM
i like it

Nice tattoo you got there. I might get one, one day.

Looks wicked harry :)

eption;5675637']I like it :)

Thanks! :)

You're like 15? How you manage tht?

My dads mate is a tattooist. And I'm 16.

that's cool harry =]
an hour? bloody hell

Thanks Jensta :)

Looks really nice, good choice.

Cheers! :D

get some bigger arms and you'll pull it off ;)

I'm working on it. ;)

dont listen to anyone else, its your body, do what you want ;]

Cheers! :)

camera
15-03-2009, 10:22 AM
i dont really like it. it just dont look right like theres something missing :P but you like it and thats all that matters

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!