PDA

View Full Version : Publicity of Jade Goody's Death... Right or Wrong?

Hecktix
16-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Heyy (:
There are a lot of Jade Goody threads on this forum and in all honesty it's hard to avoid her story living your day to day life, on the news, in the papers etc there is a different headline every day which is practically saying something similar to the day before, it's starting to appear like Jade's illness is becoming a soap opera with a different plot each day.

Personally I'm finding the Jade Goody situation horrific now. Today there was an article in The Sun about how Jade has explained to her children she is dying. I just don't think it's necessary for us to know about this, that's her PRIVATE business. By all means the initial press coverage of her cancer has done a world of good for young girls out there, making them more aware of cervical cancer, cervical cancer jabs are being introduced in schools for christs sake, on this term it's fantastic.

I also agree with her making money for her children but for some reason I thought it would stop at the Wedding and that would be the last event of her life covered by the media (except from her death), I do think some of the images and stories covered now are just an invasion of privacy.

That's my opinion, what do you think?

Moh
16-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Yes, its getting really annoying now. Never mind Rest in Peace, how about Die in Peace?

drama
16-03-2009, 07:37 PM
she invited the media to cover her story and make money for her kids (as they obviously can't live off the £8,500,000 they have), and she's allowing the funeral to be on TV so she's welcoming the publicity on herself.

If she doesn't want the media attention now she shoudn't of brought it to her when she was first told she had months to live.

Having said that i'm not totally anti-jade, now she's basicly blind i've stopped all Shuttlecock related jokes.

Hecktix
16-03-2009, 07:42 PM
I think the problem is now, we don't want to hear it!

dirrty
16-03-2009, 08:03 PM
tbh, i don't mind her. if theres articles about her, i just won't read em as i know what they'll be about really and i don't really have any interest in it. however, i'm glad shes milking the media for what she can get. her kids need financial comfort, and even though the millions she has will probably do em good, why not strive for more? in any profession, if someone had a decent amount in their will for their children but could earn more without much effort, they sure would. common sense really.

so i don't get why some people just wish that she'd die already, as thats just out of order wishing death upon someone. sure they don't like all the press coverage shes getting, but wishing she'd die faster is just wrong.

clarissa !!
16-03-2009, 08:05 PM
she is starting to take the piss a bit

Twist
16-03-2009, 08:05 PM
I just want her off the TV, newspapers, radio, everything. Simple as.
In a heartbreaking meeting with her two young boys, Jade explained to them that “Mummy’s going to heaven soon”.
She said: "I'm going to be a star up in the sky so when you are looking up you will be able to see me and know I'm there, always looking over you. Mummy's going to be up there looking over you. Close your eyes and you can talk to me."

How many cameras do you think where there when she said that.

Jord
16-03-2009, 09:13 PM
she invited the media to cover her story and make money for her kids (as they obviously can't live off the £8,500,000 they have), and she's allowing the funeral to be on TV so she's welcoming the publicity on herself.

If she doesn't want the media attention now she shoudn't of brought it to her when she was first told she had months to live.

Having said that i'm not totally anti-jade, now she's basicly blind i've stopped all Shuttlecock related jokes.

They've prob made so much off like 40 front pages already a show of her wedding and interviews and now the funeral

Eight.
16-03-2009, 10:01 PM
I believe it's getting annoying aswell but it's sad. But that publicist guy Max Clifford annoys me too much. I remember reading when he made up that Freddie Starr story.

Loser
16-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Personally I'm finding the Jade Goody situation horrific now. Today there was an article in The Sun about how Jade has explained to her children she is dying. I just don't think it's necessary for us to know about this, that's her PRIVATE business. By all means the initial press coverage of her cancer has done a world of good for young girls out there, making them more aware of cervical cancer, cervical cancer jabs are being introduced in schools for christs sake, on this term it's fantastic.

These were introduced at the start of the school year here, or there was talk of it.

clueless
17-03-2009, 12:10 AM
even if she saves just one person who is inspired to go have a screening then its all worth it

Captain
17-03-2009, 12:19 AM
even if she saves just one person who is inspired to go have a screening then its all worth it

Thats something my teacher would say.

But really, it's starting to get on my wick now. Thousands die everyday why the hell arent they on the front page

RandomManJay
17-03-2009, 01:59 AM
Personally I'm not really a fan of Jade Goody and don't really care if she is in the media, literally any 'in the moment' celebrity would be sprawled all of the tabloids etc. if they suffered from a fatal disease, if Jade wants to have the media film her wedding or funeral its up to her, no one else. Also her motives may be true towards getting enough money saved up so her kids wont suffer when she's gone, and personally I think she's got every right to considering her status in the media and the opportunities she has, so anyone who's sick of it should just suck it up, she wont be in the media stream for much longer considering her present condition. So in my opinion, Jade's got every right to do what she's done, so stop complaining.

leah
17-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Heyy (:
There are a lot of Jade Goody threads on this forum and in all honesty it's hard to avoid her story living your day to day life, on the news, in the papers etc there is a different headline every day which is practically saying something similar to the day before, it's starting to appear like Jade's illness is becoming a soap opera with a different plot each day.

I also agree with her making money for her children but for some reason I thought it would stop at the Wedding and that would be the last event of her life covered by the media (except from her death), I do think some of the images and stories covered now are just an invasion of privacy.

You're completely right, she's taking it too far - fair enough shes making money for her children but it's quite upsetting watching someone die and it must be hard for her family without paparazi everywhere.

N!ck
18-03-2009, 10:40 PM
She's not dead yet :S.

RedStratocas
18-03-2009, 10:50 PM
i dont really know much about this situation since im in america, but it seems kinda similar to that movie "network"

N-Dubz
20-03-2009, 05:19 PM
No it isnt right, sure its helping people but theres thousand of people dying of cancer who have kids. I mean its good what she's doing, and its not really her fault. But Jack getting special treatment to be with her is just not fair, they wouldn't do it for anyone else.

It's not fair that one person in the world gets all this publicity, what about Wendy? Didn't she die of Cancer and there was like one issue about her. Its getting on my nerves now, there acting like Jade Goody is the first person to ever have Cancer.

All these special things she is getting, shouldnt everyone with Cancer get the lovely things she is getting for her final days? Its not really fair.

GommeInc
20-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Neither, the publicity is good for her and others whom want more publicity about cancer and its effects and interesting for some if they like this whole "reality" stuff. It's also bad because it is annoying for others and belittling to cancer sufferers and anyone who was infected by it directly or indirectly. It's neither :/

Loser
20-03-2009, 08:33 PM
i dont really know much about this situation since im in america, but it seems kinda similar to that movie "network"

Imagine someone on Big Brother, who is not particularly interesting, just a bit of a loud mouth. They don't even win the show, and are left out of the public eye for a while apart from a few appearances on panel shows (I don't know if these are popular in the US, if not, ask and I'll clarify). After a couple of years in which nobody really heard alot about she appears in Celebrity Big Brother. In this session, she disgraces herself by making a joke deemed racist, and general bullying of another housemate. The media go crazy about this, but eventually she apoligises publicly, and it all dies down a bit.
Suddenly she gets cancer and doesn't everyone know about it. Yada yada yada, big news stories, everyone's pissed off with her and people are pretty much sick of seeing her on every front page because she dropped a lollypop.

And that is Jade Goody's "amazing" life.

JackBuddy
20-03-2009, 10:06 PM
I do think it's slightly OTT. However I don't blame her for it. If I was in her position, I would probably be milking and taking advantage of the press for every penny they have for the sake of my children. The blame for the publicity of the situation is down to the press and the people who want to read about it in the weekly mags.

The whole saga has also raised awareness about cancers, particularly cervical ones. So that can only be a good thing.

Hushie
22-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Thousands die everyday why the hell arent they on the front page

Because they're not famous?

e5
22-03-2009, 09:05 AM
She wanted to have it public, so yeah I'd say if she's ok with it then it's fine.

Titch
23-03-2009, 12:17 PM
i agree with it and i dont, yes she trying to make money for her kids. But the way shes gone about it isnt right.

JACKTARD
23-03-2009, 08:19 PM
wouldnt you do the same?
leave her alone and give her a rest.
i would do the same, she's raised a million for her kids,
giving them the opportunities that she never had.

kuzkasate
23-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Heyy (:

Yes, it is VERY annoying I mean I wouldn't want to die with hundreds of cameras taking pictures everyday and going on the news etc. But she clearly did because they couldn't do it without her permission. So yh ;] But I agree there are some things we shouldn't know.

leah
25-03-2009, 09:25 AM
No it isnt right, sure its helping people but theres thousand of people dying of cancer who have kids. I mean its good what she's doing, and its not really her fault. But Jack getting special treatment to be with her is just not fair, they wouldn't do it for anyone else.

It's not fair that one person in the world gets all this publicity, what about Wendy? Didn't she die of Cancer and there was like one issue about her. Its getting on my nerves now, there acting like Jade Goody is the first person to ever have Cancer.

All these special things she is getting, shouldnt everyone with Cancer get the lovely things she is getting for her final days? Its not really fair.
Wendy Richards earned her fame, Jade was just well known for her stupidity on big brother.

wouldnt you do the same?
leave her alone and give her a rest.
i would do the same, she's raised a million for her kids,
giving them the opportunities that she never had.
Not all kids need a million quid to grow up with, every oe else manages fine :S

TAYLOOOOR1
26-03-2009, 01:23 AM
Right i thought i'd do a little paragraph about Jade Goody & The Press.

Jade Goody hit to fame back in 02/03 when she was a housemate in Big Brother..She was known as the stupid girl..Everybody loved Jade Goodys character in the house and she came third place...Her life changed dramatically after the BB house...She came out with books, perfumes and different ranges of things. She was rated the most successfullest Big Brother Contestant + the first one to reach a million pounds.

Through out Jades successful career from then on she made a mistake..entering the Big Brother house again..but as a celebrity along side her mother Jackie and her boyfriend Jack...then all the racial remarks were made etc..which caused big confliction between the public, jade and the press which also lead to jade goody recieving death threats...

After she was removed/kicked out of the BB house she tried to make up to the people she hurt the most whilst being in the house - the indian community..and what way to do this properly? She entered 'Big Boss' this was the indian version of Big Brother..with racial-row victim Shilpa Shetty as the host...During her time in the big boss house she gets told she has cervical cancer..

From then till now Jade Goody recieved loads of press about how the cancer turned terminal and how it was eveloping and getting worst. When it wa announced jade goody had only months to live - This is where she hit the headlines on our tv screens and news papers..

All of her life has been on Television or in the papers...Jade's life has been followed in the public eye...

Her last weeks of living did get alot of press however she wanted a many magazine..tv deals..she could get so she could raise money for her two sons; Freddie & Bobby for there future... People may say there are loads of cancer suffers out there and they aren't in the papers - This is because they aren't known to the public..any celebrity who is well known like Jade Goody with the public will be all over the headlines when omething as serious as Cancer strikes..So Jade goody like any other person is makin use of her fame and raised as much as she could for her children..if u was Jade Goody and had the chance to earn millions through photoshots & interviews would you do it? .. i thought you would..its understandable.

She has also raised aweness for cancer and made more women take screenings..which she has helpe save peoples lives..she knows she couldn't save herself from dying but she knew she could help others..

if u like or dislike Jade Goody knowbody can blame her for trying to earn cash for her children...Yes they might already have enough money..but you never have to much money..

Jade wanted them to have the up bringing she never had..

Which she has done.

-Thanks.

Tayy ;;]]

Smarteh.
28-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Sometimes i just dont know what to think. She allows herself to be all over in public making people tell jokes about her. Sometimes at school i just stand in the cloakrooms hearing people shout out jokes about her and i think its horrible. But then i think she really is half and half on whos fault it is.

luce
28-03-2009, 06:53 PM

Jade Goody hit to fame back in 02/03 when she was a housemate in Big Brother..She was known as the stupid girl..Everybody loved Jade Goodys character in the house and she came third place...Her life changed dramatically after the BB house...She came out with books, perfumes and different ranges of things. She was rated the most successfullest Big Brother Contestant + the first one to reach a million pounds.

Through out Jades successful career from then on she made a mistake..entering the Big Brother house again..but as a celebrity along side her mother Jackie and her boyfriend Jack...then all the racial remarks were made etc..which caused big confliction between the public, jade and the press which also lead to jade goody recieving death threats...

After she was removed/kicked out of the BB house she tried to make up to the people she hurt the most whilst being in the house - the indian community..and what way to do this properly? She entered 'Big Boss' this was the indian version of Big Brother..with racial-row victim Shilpa Shetty as the host...During her time in the big boss house she gets told she has cervical cancer..

From then till now Jade Goody recieved loads of press about how the cancer turned terminal and how it was eveloping and getting worst. When it wa announced jade goody had only months to live - This is where she hit the headlines on our tv screens and news papers..

All of her life has been on Television or in the papers...Jade's life has been followed in the public eye...

Her last weeks of living did get alot of press however she wanted a many magazine..tv deals..she could get so she could raise money for her two sons; Freddie & Bobby for there future... People may say there are loads of cancer suffers out there and they aren't in the papers - This is because they aren't known to the public..any celebrity who is well known like Jade Goody with the public will be all over the headlines when omething as serious as Cancer strikes..So Jade goody like any other person is makin use of her fame and raised as much as she could for her children..if u was Jade Goody and had the chance to earn millions through photoshots & interviews would you do it? .. i thought you would..its understandable.

She has also raised aweness for cancer and made more women take screenings..which she has helpe save peoples lives..she knows she couldn't save herself from dying but she knew she could help others..

if u like or dislike Jade Goody knowbody can blame her for trying to earn cash for her children...Yes they might already have enough money..but you never have to much money..

Which she has done.

-Thanks.

Tayy ;;]]

Who in their right mind would take the time to ead that LOL

Also i think if she was ok with it and she wanted it well why not. You definatly can't compare Jade to Wendy thought because wendy earned everything she got :D

Virgin Mary
28-03-2009, 07:21 PM

Which she has done.

-Thanks.

Tayy ;;]]
That was 10 paragraphs not 1 >;]]]]kinkeh

Crimson
31-03-2009, 03:59 PM

Which she has done.

-Thanks.

Tayy ;;]]

MY EYEES

MissAlice
02-04-2009, 09:05 PM
It's not really for me to judge whether Jade's way of raising money for her boys has been too much, but I do believe there are things that should remain private. Good has come from it though, it's brought greater awareness of cervical cancer to the nations attention, and that has to have been a good thing.

What I have failed to really understand is the role of Geoff Brazier, the father of her two sons, and would hope that he intends to have a big involvement in their lives. I know he plans to take them away to Australia before the funeral, so that they will have no unhappy memories of the funeral etc. which is the right thing to do, I speak from experience. But will he be there for them as they grow up into young men without the love of a mother?

When the two lads grow up without a financial worry in the world and look back on this time in their mothers life and death, how will they feel about the whole story of events that she shared with everyone in the world?

Alkaz
03-04-2009, 09:02 PM
I think what you said it right Alice. But, they will grow up knowing what there mum was like from the endless television programs she did and had doing different ventures to, open her own salon, make her own perfumes etc. They will know from things like that, they way they are and from other family members what their mum was like. I am sure that they will understand why she went so public about it and how she only had there best interests at heart and whilst doing it raised the publicity of the cancer and has helped to get the age for the screening test to possibley be lowered, down to there mum.

To what others have said, they have £2m each from there mum, why do they need it, most kids dont grow up with that. Well maybe not but others grow up with a heck of a lot more. The money will see that they are financially secure for the rest of their lives, something which Jade never had growing up. They may not have a mother no more but its not her, or their fault, they will hopefully have a loveing dad, step dad, grandparent and possibley an extended family.

Just to add about what others have said bout the amount of publicity she has got when Wendy Richards got barely any. Wendy did a television program about her cancer, she had been lucky enough to earn tens of millions for eastenders and other work. Jade didnt. Wendy had no chidren, Jade did. Wendy had lived her live and Jade hadn't. Wendy was an old woman who wanted to die peacefully. Jade is totally different to her, she was loud, brash, annoying, etc etc. She also did it for her children and to raise awareness. Ordinary people can do it like the woman who did all the sports events for the charity for cancer, its not just celebrities that get publicity and exploit it, some do, some dont.

Fez
04-04-2009, 08:05 PM
This isn't a big point about Jade or my giant paragraph of views, but I'd like you guys to see this dude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWqvWFUj51k

I think he just about nails it on the head.

GommeInc
06-04-2009, 08:44 PM
The main thing I've learnt from Jade Goody is that Jordan (Katie Price) is a hypocritical tart that needs a great big slap and a look into her own life. Did anyone hear what she had to say about Jade? That she was attention seeking with her fight with cancer? I am sure you are all aware that Jordan is the biggest attention seeker in this country, with a show based on pointless crap about her life - her fight with "finger" cancer, the amount of times she's had surgery, her son and so on. She's someone that won't be where she is in life without the public gazing down upon her "interesting" life. Shame that can't be torn away from her.

It's sad how celebrities say horrible things about each other, yet all celebrities revolve around the same thing, their public "talent".

Arron
10-04-2009, 09:09 AM
I think right because it's good for the public because it warned everyone just how young you can get cancer and how quick you should treat it before it spreads then becomes life threatening.

Meri-Boost
10-04-2009, 02:23 PM
I think that it was right to make it all over the news and that, but now i think everyone should leave the boys alone.

jameslarden
10-04-2009, 02:50 PM
So many people have decided to get tested and this has saved lives. The publicity was good from this point of view, however it did go a bit out of hand.

:Niccie
11-04-2009, 06:05 PM
No its horrible. Shes making people cry alot ;l

GommeInc
11-04-2009, 11:44 PM
No its horrible. Shes making people cry alot ;l
Not necessarily a bad thing, more heart warming :P It's like crying at the clips for Red Nose Day or Children In Need, they're good causes they earn a good cry :)

:Technical
12-04-2009, 02:23 AM
I think Jade Goody's death was too public. She died a peacefull death yet everyone feels sad though they didn't know her? But when people you see in the news paper "BRUTAL SLAUGHTERING" you just say "eww" and turn the page?

Never the less, still a death and that is a shame.

:oRach
13-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Makes people cry thinking about it. But i havent got alot of backup about her all i know is she touched the nations hearts and was in CBB. But still i dont think making it public was needed.

staace
13-04-2009, 07:53 PM
I dont see why people think its wrong, she grew up from a teen in the public eye since big brother we always saw her on the tele and in magazines and people felt like they knew her and they adored her why not let the public see whats happening to someone they idolise.

carys198
15-04-2009, 07:23 PM
I kow this sounds really uptight and everything but it's kinda true;

Before she found out she had cancer and was being a racist on Big Brother she was like on the Nations No.1 Hate List, now all of a sudden she gets cancer and is referred to as 'Princess' and gets the same kinda of treatment at her funeral as Diana did? Ok, if anyone out there actually respects the fact that Jade Goody is a 'Princess' and a 'saint' and deserves the same burial as Princess Diana, PLEASE pm me atleast 3 good things she has done for the nation.

Ok, fair enough, she has cancer, poor Jade. It's a shame, but I find it wrong for her to get what people have given her just for being a ***** on national television! Also, in the newspaper it said that her husband attacked/assaulted a taxi driver and is getting a shorter sentence because his wife died, HOW PATHETIC?! Sorry, but that's the most pathetic thing I've ever heard, yes, he has kids, good for him! Do they have grandparents? Heard of a thing called CHILDCARE?

I know it's sad to put children into care, but why should official, legal things be changed just because some poxy celebrity that the nation HATED has died? One last thing, I find it disgraceful how she was buried, 'throwing flowers down the streets of London for Jade' 'Same as Diana'? Sorry, but no. She is not the same as Diana and never will be.

Jordan:A
15-04-2009, 07:33 PM
I kow this sounds really uptight and everything but it's kinda true;

Before she found out she had cancer and was being a racist on Big Brother she was like on the Nations No.1 Hate List, now all of a sudden she gets cancer and is referred to as 'Princess' and gets the same kinda of treatment at her funeral as Diana did? Ok, if anyone out there actually respects the fact that Jade Goody is a 'Princess' and a 'saint' and deserves the same burial as Princess Diana, PLEASE pm me atleast 3 good things she has done for the nation.

Ok, fair enough, she has cancer, poor Jade. It's a shame, but I find it wrong for her to get what people have given her just for being a ***** on national television! Also, in the newspaper it said that her husband attacked/assaulted a taxi driver and is getting a shorter sentence because his wife died, HOW PATHETIC?! Sorry, but that's the most pathetic thing I've ever heard, yes, he has kids, good for him! Do they have grandparents? Heard of a thing called CHILDCARE?

I know it's sad to put children into care, but why should official, legal things be changed just because some poxy celebrity that the nation HATED has died? One last thing, I find it disgraceful how she was buried, 'throwing flowers down the streets of London for Jade' 'Same as Diana'? Sorry, but no. She is not the same as Diana and never will be.

And theres her husband going round assulting taxi drivers and he gets a shortened sentance just because his wife just died or cancer, in my eyes thats just biast well something along the lines.
And this has been said a couple of pages ago, shes asking for donations for her childrens future, hundreds of people get cancer and they dont ask for donations for there cildrens future plus if shes a 'Millionaire' or what ever she is, why would she need our money for her kids future, i know they have lost there mother but all the money in the world couldn't bring her back

Sixiz
15-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Close this thread and let her R.I.P

carys198
16-04-2009, 12:34 PM
And theres her husband going round assulting taxi drivers and he gets a shortened sentance just because his wife just died or cancer, in my eyes thats just biast well something along the lines.
And this has been said a couple of pages ago, shes asking for donations for her childrens future, hundreds of people get cancer and they dont ask for donations for there cildrens future plus if shes a 'Millionaire' or what ever she is, why would she need our money for her kids future, i know they have lost there mother but all the money in the world couldn't bring her back

I know, I find it disgusting, when I first saw it in the paper I was like; aww, poor thing, but when it got to like the third day in a row of being in the paper I was like... Ok, I get the point.. Then one day it was; 'Jade's Going Blind.' Wth? Millions of people ARE blind and were born blind and blind from cancer and they don't get all this special treatment, infact, there are some people who are dying of cancer in far worse pain than her and they don't even have the money for a house!

Catchy
16-04-2009, 03:35 PM
It was her own choice to put it all public, she did it purely so she could make money for her sons so they'd have a better future. Surely anybody can understand that?

Catchy
16-04-2009, 03:39 PM
I know, I find it disgusting, when I first saw it in the paper I was like; aww, poor thing, but when it got to like the third day in a row of being in the paper I was like... Ok, I get the point.. Then one day it was; 'Jade's Going Blind.' Wth? Millions of people ARE blind and were born blind and blind from cancer and they don't get all this special treatment, infact, there are some people who are dying of cancer in far worse pain than her and they don't even have the money for a house!

Yes millions of people die of cancer each year but there name isn't Jade Goody a multi millionaire from reality television that we all watch on tv for our own entertainment. That is the media's job publishing storys about celebrities surely you all know that? If the paper were to publish a story about some random person dying of cancer who exactly would care? Therefore they wouldn't make profit on that story. They know they can make profit out of Jade Goody so they wont stop at anything.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!