PDA

View Full Version : Good Mac Software [Free]

Luno1599
17-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Hey,

Please post your free Mac Software on this page and a short description about what it does!

As I am looking for some cool apps :P

Dan

Thread moved by YabbereR (Forum Moderator): Better suited here

Barmi
17-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Hey,

Please post your free Mac Software on this page and a short description about what it does!

As I am looking for some cool apps :P

Dan

Adium – user-customisable chat client. Supports a variety of protocols. The sooner A/V chat is developed, the sooner Adium will rule the world.

Cyberduck – very cool FTP software. It has a cute icon!

Firefox – it speaks for itself, but I use it as a secondary browser. (Safari is my primary.)

Flip4Mac – handy for playing WMV in Quicktime or your browser window.

HandBrake – awesome video conversion software. I love this thing.

OnyX – cool for little system maintenance things.

Quicksilver – possibly the most fascinating piece of software I have on my Mac. Possibly the most fascinating piece of software I have ever used. It's an app launcher for starters. For seconds... well, it can change the way you use your Mac.

Skitch – cute little image capture/edit/annotation/upload software. If there is something you want to snap, highlight, and post on a forum... you can do it within seconds.

Skype – I think it speaks for itself. (No pun intended!)

Spotify – useful music application. You can listen to any of the music for free, and build playlists of this music. Supposedly you hear adverts every so often while listening, but I've not yet had any.

Transmission – for your torrent needs.

VLC – Quicktime and iTunes just aren't enough. For those weird files your other Mac apps don't like, chances are VLC supports it. It's a lightweight application, but it's a must! <3

There are plenty of other applications I would love to mention, but you asked for free. Hope they are of some use to you!

Recursion
17-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Already a thread for this in the Apple section... and its in the wrong section ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!