PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba L300D Laptop Recovery [+Rep]

Jayke
19-03-2009, 01:05 PM
So, this morning I turned my L300D laptop on, to find a black screen, I knew straight away that I needed to recover the system due to windows malfunctioning or something along them lines. I tried to recover the syste from the HDD but for some reason its not working. So im guessing I need to recover this from a CD.

I have looked on ebay and have seen a disk, but I need my laptop soon and really dont want to wait for it to be deliverd, plus theres the chance it might not work.

Does anybody know how I can fix this or obtain the files to put onto a memory stick, or DVD-R.

System: Toshiba Satellite L300D

Thanks so much to everybody who takes the time to read this thread, you will definetly get a reward of some kind!

+Rep to all constructive posts!

Agnostic Bear
19-03-2009, 01:37 PM
So, this morning I turned my L300D laptop on, to find a black screen, I knew straight away that I needed to recover the system due to windows malfunctioning or something along them lines. I tried to recover the syste from the HDD but for some reason its not working. So im guessing I need to recover this from a CD.

I have looked on ebay and have seen a disk, but I need my laptop soon and really dont want to wait for it to be deliverd, plus theres the chance it might not work.

Does anybody know how I can fix this or obtain the files to put onto a memory stick, or DVD-R.

System: Toshiba Satellite L300D

Thanks so much to everybody who takes the time to read this thread, you will definetly get a reward of some kind!

+Rep to all constructive posts!

Stop centering your text, burn a vista disc, reinstall.

Jayke
19-03-2009, 01:40 PM

Downloading vista will take too long. I cant think what its called but when people buy a new laptop they usually "Burn recovery discs", I just want the files from that to re-install my computer. Not a vista disc!

Stephen!
19-03-2009, 03:12 PM

very important stage.

.z4.
19-03-2009, 03:46 PM
If you post me a padded envelope I can send you a copy of vista via post.
If you want to make it first class so you get in next day you can.

Its up to you

Thanks
Tom
.Z4.

Recursion
19-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Downloading vista will take too long. I cant think what its called but when people buy a new laptop they usually "Burn recovery discs", I just want the files from that to re-install my computer. Not a vista disc!

Right, those bits in bold contradict each other.

Ask a friend for a Vista disk or something.

Autoshka
23-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Toshiba is a good company. I am very interested, you can show pictures of this laptop?:)

Markeh
24-03-2010, 07:32 AM
I've got an L300D (well, for coursework) , mine has an HDDRecovery folder on the Data partition for the drive.

If you NEED your data off of it, try and ask your friends for a 3.5" to 2.5" HDD adapter, or get one yourself, and with that, you should be able to plug your hard disk into your desktop, and access any files you need.

Toshiba, if you ask them, and the laptop is still under warranty, MAY send out recovery disks. HP did when I couldn't create mine on my dv6

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!