PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with iPhone

Ostinato
19-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Hiya.

I got an iphone at Christmas! lol

I must admit it is a cool phone and I do love it, but I think what I love most about it is the ipod touch within it rather than the phone features itself.

I didn't think the lack of mms, copying and all that would bother me but it's starting to get more and more frustrating as time goes... Also I feel although it looks good and that it's a lot of upkeep I can't be bothered with as it basically gets scratched by the slightest thing.

Obviously it also doesnt have videocam, and the cam is quite crap too.

So... if I was to get another phone would would you recommend?

I've been considering the pixon, blackberry storm, g1 etc. but I want somethig with some good music capabilities! Or should I just stick with my iphone?

And I know about copying and MMS coming to iphone but it's only for 3g users which is quite irritating too.

Ta

DaveTaylor
19-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Hiya.

I got an iphone at Christmas! lol

I must admit it is a cool phone and I do love it, but I think what I love most about it is the ipod touch within it rather than the phone features itself.

I didn't think the lack of mms, copying and all that would bother me but it's starting to get more and more frustrating as time goes... Also I feel although it looks good and that it's a lot of upkeep I can't be bothered with as it basically gets scratched by the slightest thing.

Obviously it also doesnt have videocam, and the cam is quite crap too.

So... if I was to get another phone would would you recommend?

I've been considering the pixon, blackberry storm, g1 etc. but I want somethig with some good music capabilities! Or should I just stick with my iphone?

And I know about copying and MMS coming to iphone but it's only for 3g users which is quite irritating too.

Ta

MMS For 2G has already been cracked (over wifi) they are working on the EDGE stack crack at the momebt also, you will be eligible for a free upgrade from the 2G to next generation when it comes out, which will probably come around same time as 3.0

Ostinato
19-03-2009, 06:01 PM
What do you mean there is already mms?

And also I jailbroke mine but I feel like I don't even have anything on it. NMearly all my app's are just the free ones anyway!

DaveTaylor
19-03-2009, 06:07 PM
What do you mean there is already mms?

And also I jailbroke mine but I feel like I don't even have anything on it. NMearly all my app's are just the free ones anyway!

Well this isn't via jailbreak, basically the way MMS will be allowed is via the carrier support (o2 in our case) stored in a IPCC file, what folk have managed to do is make it work with wifi and are now working on 2G EDGE support.

Edit: I should explain these IPCC files are legit from apple and are synced when the iPhone gets synced.

bigdavecox90
21-03-2009, 12:52 AM
If you choose to get rid of it, please let me know. :)

Ostinato
21-03-2009, 01:05 AM
If you choose to get rid of it, please let me know. :)

y comes lol

Jin
21-03-2009, 03:00 AM
3G software will cost I don't know all the features but I do know that copy and pasting has been enabled on it.

wsg14
21-03-2009, 04:07 AM
You can get the copy and pasting feature if you're an Apple developer. Apple developers can download the 3.0 firmware BETA.

Xarea
21-03-2009, 08:48 AM
MMS is coming in July. So is cut, copy and paste. Video recording is *possibly* coming (see leaked screenshot):

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2009/03/19/112611-2009-03-18iphone3f.jpg

Plus, you can just get a wicked case (like mine). It sounds like you're just looking for excuses to get rid of it :P

HotelUser
21-03-2009, 01:50 PM
MMS is coming in July. So is cut, copy and paste. Video recording is *possibly* coming (see leaked screenshot):
Plus, you can just get a wicked case (like mine). It sounds like you're just looking for excuses to get rid of it :P

The iPhone will be able to cut before my Mac can:@.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/03/apple-2009-iphone-3-1366-rm.jpg

Kyle!
21-03-2009, 02:17 PM
I personally can't see your fed up with it, it's the only phone I've NEVER been fed up with.

Recursion
21-03-2009, 04:34 PM

LMAO, sad isn't it?

Flisker
21-03-2009, 05:46 PM

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/03/apple-2009-iphone-3-1366-rm.jpg
This has to be done but please note I do not want this to progress any further than my post...

Windows FTW!

again please no more comments about that.

HotelUser
22-03-2009, 12:07 AM
This has to be done but please note I do not want this to progress any further than my post...

Windows FTW!

again please no more comments about that.

Nope, you can't start it then stop it without anyone else saying anything.

Vista sucks

Kyle!
22-03-2009, 12:09 AM

Vista sucks

I agree.

Recursion
22-03-2009, 07:27 AM

Vista sucks

I agree.

I disagree.

xxMATTGxx
22-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Thanks Chris, turned a simple iPhone thread into a Windows FTW / Windows suck thread. LOL. Your fed up with the iPhone? That's the only phone I want!! Btw. Cutting a folder is easy on a mac, there's no actual button. Its just a simple keyboard click and moving the folder? Well it does the same job as cutting. :P

Nick.
22-03-2009, 09:16 AM
3G software will cost I don't know all the features but I do know that copy and pasting has been enabled on it.
It doesn't cost for iPhone owners and it has MMS on it. It comes out Julyish.

Kieran
22-03-2009, 10:25 AM
I was tempted to put 3.0 onto my iPhone but read in the agreement that once its on you can't downgrade back down so I'd be stuck on 3.0 beta until the full 3.0 came out :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!