PDA

View Full Version : What is Fast Tracking...?[+REP]

Eight.
19-03-2009, 09:11 PM
I am doing french and am only doing it cause my parents can speak french and can help with coursework but everyone I know is doing German. My friend told me that I can fast track French but I don't know what fast tracking is.

kk.
19-03-2009, 09:12 PM
it pretty much means doing the whole of a course in 1 year. So, im assuming youre doing GCSE, it means that rather than doing it over the two years, you learn everything you need in 1.

You can fast track pretty much any course, only if its a level, you have to do all 6/5/4 exams at once.

Eight.
19-03-2009, 09:16 PM
But, what if everyone so is not fast tracking french in my french class how can I do it one year if everybody does in two?

mangle
19-03-2009, 09:19 PM
You may be put in a special fast track group.

kk.
19-03-2009, 09:20 PM
you just go through the course really fast. you'll have to be good at soaking up information and remembering it. thats why its not really recommended and they spread the course over two years

oh yeh and above ^ lol. you might have to have extra tuition or do a lot of learning and catching up at home

chantellehugs
25-03-2009, 10:43 PM
I thought Fast Track was doing the GCSE early? So you end up doing more over three years Year 9, 10 and 11. Giving you an extra GCSE. I'm fast tracking in Music, English and Maths but I'm only in Year 9.
But it does mean you have to learn more. Because you do more work than other people.
For example, In my maths class, we're doing extra so we cover 3 years work in two years.

Edit: You will be put into a group for people who are fast tracking. But that' sometimes a bad thing because people only fast track to be in the same group as their friends.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!