PDA

View Full Version : Hosting layout...

Joshh
22-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Well haven't designed anything in ages so this one has taken me a few hours to get right (although it probbably won't look it)

Anyone got any suggestions on how to improve it? Also do you think it'll be sellable, if so.. How much? Thanks.

http://img.habboupload.com/1237748784.png

blanky12!
23-03-2009, 06:57 AM
where it says "host.me" it looks like the tesco logo?

it's a bit blank to me.

Jamesy
23-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Everything is far too pale. Very little contrast between background and text, to the extent that the words in the boxes are pretty much unreadable.

Protege
23-03-2009, 08:02 AM
I second what Jamesy said and yeah I agree with blanky it does loook abit tesco'ey

RichardKnox
23-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Yeh I 3rd the tesco thing haha, saw that straight away :P

Joshh
23-03-2009, 04:48 PM
mm I thought that too about the logo, didn't realise till i'd done it but meh. I haven't designed anything in ages so still trying to get back into it. Thanks for the comments. :)

Meti
25-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Looks plain. Does not look like a hosting layout.

Mr-Trainor
25-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Looks quite nice :)

Kipp
25-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Looks nice, I like it. :D

Protege
25-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Be a good tesco site.

craigg.
26-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Link to floral background?

Fehm
26-03-2009, 07:47 PM
:L the wrtings rather small, but every little helps i guess :L

Pazza
26-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Looks like a c&p job

Joshh
27-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Link to floral background?

http://myphotoshopbrushes.com/patterns - somewhere on there

:L the wrtings rather small, but every little helps i guess :L

Lmao :P

Looks like a c&p job

How? The only thing that isn't mine on there is the order now button.

Excellent2
27-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Hate it. Looks habboey.

Source
27-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Brilliantly executed contronstructive criticism excellent, really thought provoking.

The issue with this layout is its too bland - hardly anything to excite the eye. Get some more contrast in there, and in future make your layouts on a wider canvas (but restrict the layout to 850/950 width). That way you get a better representation of what it will look like the the browser once coded correctly.

Edited by ReviewDude (Forum Moderator): Please do not post in a deliberately argument-provoking manner.

Excellent2
27-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Brilliantly executed contronstructive criticism excellent, really thought provoking.

The issue with this layout is its too bland - hardly anything to excite the eye. Get some more contrast in there, and in future make your layouts on a wider canvas (but restrict the layout to 850/950 width). That way you get a better representation of what it will look like the the browser once coded correctly.Oh and you're really the king of constructive criticism are you? Don't be such a hypocrite. I gave him my opinion on a layout I think cannot be improved.

Source
27-03-2009, 12:27 PM
How was that hypocrital? I gave him elements to improve on, and suggetions on how to design more effectivly in the future. Your post was useless in anybody's eyes.

Excellent2
27-03-2009, 12:36 PM
How was that hypocrital? I gave him elements to improve on, and suggetions on how to design more effectivly in the future. Your post was useless in anybody's eyes.Clearly you don't possess the right amount of brain cells to determine where in your post I called you a hypocrite.

Edited by ReviewDude (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude to other forum members.

Source
27-03-2009, 12:38 PM
I guess so, sorry im stupid?

Protege
27-03-2009, 12:39 PM
OH DRAMA

LADIES
LADIES

just get on ur knees, and suck my piece of code

NO ARGUING B4 TEH MOD COMES

Anyway, less blues on dat layout.

Excellent2
27-03-2009, 12:40 PM
I guess so, sorry im stupid?No problem. Here, I'll bold it out for you.

The issue with this layout is its too bland - hardly anything to excite the eye. Get some more contrast in there, and in future make your layouts on a wider canvas (but restrict the layout to 850/950 width). That way you get a better representation of what it will look like the the browser once coded correctly.

Source
27-03-2009, 12:41 PM
How was that hypocritcal, more ironic. Please explain sir! I guess your not pointing out the spelling mistake either, weird word contronstructive isn't it :P

Ironic comment copyright protege 2009 - 2010 all rights resevered.

Excellent2
27-03-2009, 12:43 PM
How was that hypocritcal, more ironic. Please explain sir!Because going back through your posts I have seen in this section, a lot have not been constructive. Either way what you said contains irony and hypocrisy to a certain extent.

Source
27-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Feel free to point these posts out in a PM. Were taking over this thread for no real reason.

Excellent2
27-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Feel free to point these posts out in a PM. Were taking over this thread for no real reason.Sure, apologies to the thread owner for taking it over.

Source
27-03-2009, 12:52 PM
I was making a point that it was not contructive. I wasn't the little twirp to turn it into an arugement so on what premise do I have to actually appologise.

If someone proves me wrong, or says something about me for a good reason then I will infact accept it and not continue giving back childish insults such as telling someone to appologise to the thread owner. Your not 12 years old excellent, grow up. It shows how bad your web development skills are to actually feel content with your post when all it does it say its bad with no intelligent help. "Hate it. Looks habboey" is something you would expect a 12 year old to say, because he didn't get what he wanted. Thats why my post implied your response was useless, it was not meant to caus an arguement.

If anyone feels I was out of place, feel free to say and if so I appologise. However if I have to applogise for argueing then surely excellent has appologise for argueing and giving useless comments.

Excellent2
27-03-2009, 01:16 PM
I was making a point that it was not contructive. I wasn't the little twirp to turn it into an arugement so on what premise do I have to actually appologise.

If someone proves me wrong, or says something about me for a good reason then I will infact accept it and not continue giving back childish insults such as telling someone to appologise to the thread owner. Your not 12 years old excellent, grow up. It shows how bad your web development skills are to actually feel content with your post when all it does it say its bad with no intelligent help. "Hate it. Looks habboey" is something you would expect a 12 year old to say, because he didn't get what he wanted. Thats why my post implied your response was useless, it was not meant to caus an arguement.

If anyone feels I was out of place, feel free to say and if so I appologise. However if I have to applogise for argueing then surely excellent has appologise for argueing and giving useless comments.How many brain cells do you actually have? Do you lack the ability to read and respond? I apologized for carrying on. And yes you was the little 'twirp' to turn it into an argument. If you're quite done with throwing around feeble insults and getting all upset, PM me if you wish to continue.

Edited by ReviewDude (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude to other forum members.

Source
27-03-2009, 01:33 PM
So many people petty you. Appologies on the front of not realising you were saying sorry rather than telling me too. But most of my reply remains true.

Fehm
27-03-2009, 02:43 PM

We gave him our thoughts. We said it in a jokey way to lighten the atmosphere of the forum, you waltz in and destroy that :L Clever going.

on topic: Any improvements yet?

Joshh
27-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Mmm, i'll bare in mind all the constructive criticism for the next layout I design - thanks.

I'm not going to improve on this one because I don't feel it's worth it as I know it's not the best, but I'm trying to improve.

Loving the argument - great entertainment, haha. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!