PDA

View Full Version : Any technological idiots in your family? :)

ToxicPaddy
24-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Plenty in mine. Nan's the worst, she wants a laptop and when asked why she says 'so i can go on the www dot thingys that i see on the adverts' :D

Any in yours? :)

Nixt
24-03-2009, 07:51 PM
My Nan plays on the Wii quite regularly and my mum rinses Facebook. So no! I deal with technophobes on a day to day basis in work though.

lew!
24-03-2009, 07:53 PM
My aunty didn't realise you had to have internet to go on your email. Lol.

kk.
24-03-2009, 07:53 PM
my mum :/

'do i click here to go to a website?' ... 'yes.... for the 5 millionth time'

GommeInc
24-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Yeah. My nan has a really nice computer, but can't properly use it (eyesight and the like) and she was in that generation of people where technology isn't that useful for the people with no use for it. She doesn't even see why women should drive :P

Jord
24-03-2009, 07:57 PM
My mum and dad lol

CJW93
24-03-2009, 07:57 PM
My Mum :eusa_wall

she wanted to use my laptop. I have it to her. She opened it up, and just stared at it and asked. "What do I do now?"

TRY TURNING IT ON!

MJJ
24-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Yep, my mum's awful at using the computer, but she really wants to learn.
It's just very annoying trying to teach her.. >.<

She doesn't understand how to double click, and she spends ages trying to type a single word.

Nemo
24-03-2009, 08:01 PM
My mum and nan both go on facebook, but they have no idea about computers and then my mum gets mad when she doesnt understand.

oh and same as above, my mum takes ages to double click, she keeps trying n trying

Technologic
24-03-2009, 08:01 PM
My dad is uses at everything to do with technology. He operates ridiculously complicated machinery every day he works but when he gets home it's like "HOW DO I TURN THE COMPUTER ON?"

Absently
24-03-2009, 08:05 PM
When I'm scrolling down on the webpage my mum shouts ''HOLD ON! YOU'RE GOING TOO FAST!'' and I'm just like ''I'm just putting it down so you can READ THE REST o.o'' and she cant turn off my pc, to save her life. srsly. + she was telling meo n sunday she was in this place with computer and she was watching this old man type really fast, and she was really embaressed 'cos she's so slow at typing, so she just pretended she was quite fast at it, but failed.

Hitman
24-03-2009, 08:09 PM
My nan takes about 20 minutes to write an email the same length as this post.

PoizZoNxX
24-03-2009, 08:19 PM
My mum and dad both have facebook but my dads the worse, when I've cleared his computer or something, he'll be like "so is Facebook still on it" he doesn't understand how it works, but hes getting better lol.

Swinkid
24-03-2009, 08:21 PM
My dad. But i really can't blame him. Because of various of things throughout his life, he cant read or write propley. I mean, he can but not just that well..

Four
24-03-2009, 08:22 PM
my dad probably wouldnt have a clue.

Rarelime
24-03-2009, 08:52 PM
My Dad. Has no interest whatsoever in technology, with exception to the TV :rolleyes:.

LoveToStack
24-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Most members of my direct family with the exception of my grandparents are pretty good with computers and general technology. My dad especially with all aspects.

VelvetClover
24-03-2009, 09:47 PM
My mum can't even work a mobile phone lol

Mikey
24-03-2009, 09:48 PM
My dad doesn't know how to use a computer so I don't let him on it incase he deletes stuff :D

Me, my brother, mum are great with computers. I taught my gran 71 year old gran how to use a computer. She only needs help with a few things and I also got her msn messenger :D She talks to her friends all the time on it :D

LoveToStack
24-03-2009, 09:50 PM
Keeping in tone, I know a guy who got told a 'quick' way to jailbreak his ipod and him not knowing much about it went through with it. Got it bricked.

Recursion
24-03-2009, 09:58 PM
My mother who tried to plug a USB cable into an ethernet port.

Trinity
24-03-2009, 10:11 PM
When I'm scrolling down on the webpage my mum shouts ''HOLD ON! YOU'RE GOING TOO FAST!'' and I'm just like ''I'm just putting it down so you can READ THE REST o.o''

My mum's exactly the same! But when I don't scroll down for her, she moans at me.
My stepdad's completely useless too, he uses his laptop for work and knows how to use some pretty complicated software, but only worked out how to get onto facebook a few days ago and still can't use USB drives.

[DC]eption
24-03-2009, 10:20 PM
All the women in my family suprise suprise.

Arch
24-03-2009, 10:58 PM
My mom she can't do anything with out deleting or messin' something up lmao

Technologic
24-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Also my mum is useless with the sky. I was like can you change it to bbc two please, so she opened the bloody EPG to scroll to it >.> instead of pressing 102

efq
24-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Me & Dad are the most cleverest in our family, everyone knows how to use it. My Mum finds it harder on Windows 7/Vista because she uses a MAC all the time but my sister and brothers can use it generally.

My Nan...well shes aware of it but she doesn't have it. She prefers her little phone and gardening lol.

25-03-2009, 01:22 AM
Um, well my grandma thinks that computers are the devil or something, but other than her, no.

camera
25-03-2009, 04:54 AM
mum. its annoying to explain to them

tdi
26-03-2009, 01:19 AM
my dad's useless lol. my mum's alright but she's no whizz. she can go on the internet, email and microsoft office.. aswell as turn off/turn on. quite fast at typing too lol.

but with sky, instead of pausing it she keeps pressing 'backup' instead. arhh.

Zak
26-03-2009, 01:35 PM
plenty of them lol

PoizZoNxX
26-03-2009, 07:08 PM
My mother who tried to plug a USB cable into an ethernet port.
No offence but thats such a geeky reply lol. It's like something that would be said on Big Bang Theory.

ecstasy
26-03-2009, 07:14 PM
my dad. doesnt know how to turn a laptop. hes completely stumped if its on sleep. and HONESTLY all comps seem to freeze when hes on them

LoveToStack
26-03-2009, 07:16 PM
but with sky, instead of pausing it she keeps pressing 'backup' instead. arhh.

That's a nightmare, especially when you pause it, then leave it so you can FF the adverts then when the parent goes to press play and hits backup, it goes to the guide and you lose everything. >:L

no waiii
27-03-2009, 10:02 PM
When I'm scrolling down on the webpage my mum shouts ''HOLD ON! YOU'RE GOING TOO FAST!'' and I'm just like ''I'm just putting it down so you can READ THE REST o.o'' and she cant turn off my pc, to save her life. srsly. + she was telling meo n sunday she was in this place with computer and she was watching this old man type really fast, and she was really embaressed 'cos she's so slow at typing, so she just pretended she was quite fast at it, but failed.

omg same there like slow down i was reading that and they wanna read each and every search result ;l

My mum can't even work a mobile phone lol

lol

Also my mum is useless with the sky. I was like can you change it to bbc two please, so she opened the bloody EPG to scroll to it >.> instead of pressing 102

same mine just hands me the rmeote and asks me to change the channel

Nick.
27-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Keeping in tone, I know a guy who got told a 'quick' way to jailbreak his ipod and him not knowing much about it went through with it. Got it bricked.

That's funny seeing as you can't brick an iPod touch.

My Grandma uses Firefox & Facebook (no I don't have her on my friends/l.) but she is a bit silly when it comes to computers and such.

My Mum is useless. My Dad is worse, every Saturday my phone is like his technical help line. Every Saturday I spend in the region of 2 hours telling him how to import videos into iTunes. How annoying.

shizzle
27-03-2009, 11:00 PM
Mine is the same with kk. lol. My dad is better now

sammyspam
28-03-2009, 08:34 AM
My parents still ask me where the on button for the computer is, after about a year.

28-03-2009, 10:38 AM
my dad can't find the p key

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!